Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

ROM
    given up keeping track

Default Re: Bionic prices/deals

Amazon wireless has the Bionic for $199.99!!

http://wireless.amazon.com/b/4042510...idcentral00-20

Amazon wireless shows 249.99 for me, just like VZW.com

shows $250 for me...how did you get it to $199?

VZW.com Showing me $249.99 then saying

"Upgrade at Discounted Price + $30 Credit.
    Eligible for New Every Two on 07/23/2011."

Assuming the credit is applied on the bill, I'm guessing that means $219.99 ? Or what is this "credit" towards? Towards an accessory?

Apparently the $30 credit is a loyalty discount, but I wonder if it's only from VZW.com (where I got the D1 from) or from VZW stores as well?
    Last edited by Yiannis; 09-07-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
    Difference between new individual account and upgrades, I think.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    given up keeping track

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsjc View Post
    Just clicked on it. Even checked it again.

I live in Northern Illinois, maybe Amazon's pricing is not consistant everywhere.

ROM
    given up keeping track

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigjl View Post
    Difference between new individual account and upgrades, I think.
    That's it. It's $199.99 with new 2yr contract.

Sorry about that.

If it's any consolation....it's on backorder anyway.
    Last edited by Jeff43; 09-07-2011 at 11:52 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1 Bugless Beast

Looks like Amazon had an Etna info page made up, they still have all the old photos and the outdated tegra 2 specs.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff43 View Post
    Amazon wireless has the Bionic for $199.99!!

http://wireless.amazon.com/b/4042510...idcentral00-20
    Thanks! I bet its new contract only.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

The sad part is paying the tax on full retail, at least in California, even if you're paying for the upgrade price of $299.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    The sad part is paying the tax on full retail, at least in California, even if you're paying for the upgrade price of $299.

Uh No. I just bought from AmazonWL for $249 (2yr Upgrade). Tax was not added (as is all purchases).

Costco was $279 and the accessories ONLINE were 3rd Party (at least the case and screen protectors were). Not sure about the car charger. Regardless, CA Tax would be about $45 or more.

VZW was $249 + tax = ~$299 for 2 yr

ROM
    AOKP JB

Quote Originally Posted by axolotls View Post
    Uh No. I just bought from AmazonWL for $249 (2yr Upgrade). Tax was not added (as is all purchases).

Costco was $279 and the accessories ONLINE were 3rd Party (at least the case and screen protectors were). Not sure about the car charger. Regardless, CA Tax would be about $45 or more.

VZW was $249 + tax = ~$299 for 2 yr
    AmazonWireless: Motorola DROID BIONIC 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) yeah here's a link, it's $250 on a family plan upgrade. I think it's the same for all of them currently, but $250 is Amazon..for the phone only. I'm going to Costco screw that lol.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

vzw site back to 299, what is going on here

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KeithF40 View Post
    vzw site back to 299, what is going on here
    still $249 here.. do you have a corporate discount attached to your account?

Does anyone see the costco deal online anywhere? It seems like a better deal, even though I'd have to buy a costco membership, but I don't want to waste the time going there if the deal isn't on.

Quote Originally Posted by macewank View Post
    still $249 here.. do you have a corporate discount attached to your account?
    And did you get the "rule the air" screen after clicking? You need to click through the "upgrade my phone" menu, not the "phones" menu.

Do I need to buy from Verizon to get the $30 NE2 credit? or can I buy from Amazon or somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by mrchw View Post
    Do I need to buy from Verizon to get the $30 NE2 credit? or can I buy from Amazon or somewhere else?
    There are two discounts that may be applied in my area. One is the $30 loyalty discount that according to a local store rep, would be applied in the store or online at VZW. There's another NE2 $50 discount that, according to the same store rep, would only be applied online.

If my understanding is correct, and I'm waiting to hear this from a second store rep, whose store opens at 10:00 am, the $249 price would match Amazon's online retail price and the $30 "loyalty credit" would best or equal the tax (6%) charge in this state (MD) a tax you do not have to pay when shopping through Amazon Wireless.

Not a Bionic deal, per say, but BJ's has 50% extended battery and cover (24.99). The best part is you don't have to buy the phone there to get the deal. I ordered mine online last night, and just got the battery at BJ's.

Walmart.com has the Bionic for 199.99 with free overnight shipping. That is a much better deal that Amazon.

ROM
    Leaked ICS 6.7.2233

Wirefly has the phone for $249 for upgrade and they give you $100 VZW gift card outright with the order.

That walmart sounds perfect. Could someone post a link?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattmanne View Post
    That walmart sounds perfect. Could someone post a link?

Thanks
    I just posted details of this on a separate thread (sorry should have put it all here... mods maybe you can move/attach). Letstalk.com has bionic for $199 for upgrade, no tax, free overnight shipping. If you want to keep your existing unlimited data plan it's $20 more. Somehow this makes me feel confident that I'm not losing unlimited. And if you order through ebates.com, you get a $45 rebate.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7

Walmart is $199.99 with new plan. I see $219.99 when I keep my plan the same. Still a great price but the accessory deal at Costco is hard to pass up if true.

With taxes I paid ~ $235.

I attached a screenshot that included my number and the info below and they honored it. Maybe it's because I said that if I had to choose between discounts I would buy at Amazonwireless where I did not have to pay tax. They did try to sell me a protective screen hard for at 50% off, but I didn't use it with my Droid so I declined. I only got the extended warranty. The manager said it must be a software glitch, but that they regularly offer either the corporate discount OR the loyalty discount. One of their online associates said they would give me free o/n shipping so they put this one in as well. I have a screenshot of that too

"Upgrade at Discounted Price + $30 Credit.
    Eligible for New Every Two on 07/23/2011"
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast