Bionic prices/deals

axolotls

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The sad part is paying the tax on full retail, at least in California, even if you're paying for the upgrade price of $299.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Uh No. I just bought from AmazonWL for $249 (2yr Upgrade). Tax was not added (as is all purchases).

Costco was $279 and the accessories ONLINE were 3rd Party (at least the case and screen protectors were). Not sure about the car charger. Regardless, CA Tax would be about $45 or more.

VZW was $249 + tax = ~$299 for 2 yr

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Uh No. I just bought from AmazonWL for $249 (2yr Upgrade). Tax was not added (as is all purchases).

Costco was $279 and the accessories ONLINE were 3rd Party (at least the case and screen protectors were). Not sure about the car charger. Regardless, CA Tax would be about $45 or more.

VZW was $249 + tax = ~$299 for 2 yr

AmazonWireless: Motorola DROID BIONIC 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) yeah here's a link, it's $250 on a family plan upgrade. I think it's the same for all of them currently, but $250 is Amazon..for the phone only. I'm going to Costco screw that lol.

mattmanne

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone see the costco deal online anywhere? It seems like a better deal, even though I'd have to buy a costco membership, but I don't want to waste the time going there if the deal isn't on.

Yiannis

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Do I need to buy from Verizon to get the $30 NE2 credit? or can I buy from Amazon or somewhere else?

There are two discounts that may be applied in my area. One is the $30 loyalty discount that according to a local store rep, would be applied in the store or online at VZW. There's another NE2 $50 discount that, according to the same store rep, would only be applied online.

If my understanding is correct, and I'm waiting to hear this from a second store rep, whose store opens at 10:00 am, the $249 price would match Amazon's online retail price and the $30 "loyalty credit" would best or equal the tax (6%) charge in this state (MD) a tax you do not have to pay when shopping through Amazon Wireless.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Not a Bionic deal, per say, but BJ's has 50% extended battery and cover (24.99). The best part is you don't have to buy the phone there to get the deal. I ordered mine online last night, and just got the battery at BJ's.

little_blaine

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
That walmart sounds perfect. Could someone post a link?

Thanks
I just posted details of this on a separate thread (sorry should have put it all here... mods maybe you can move/attach). Letstalk.com has bionic for $199 for upgrade, no tax, free overnight shipping. If you want to keep your existing unlimited data plan it's $20 more. Somehow this makes me feel confident that I'm not losing unlimited. And if you order through ebates.com, you get a $45 rebate.

technician199

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Walmart is $199.99 with new plan. I see $219.99 when I keep my plan the same. Still a great price but the accessory deal at Costco is hard to pass up if true.

Yiannis

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
With taxes I paid ~ $235.

I attached a screenshot that included my number and the info below and they honored it. Maybe it's because I said that if I had to choose between discounts I would buy at Amazonwireless where I did not have to pay tax. They did try to sell me a protective screen hard for at 50% off, but I didn't use it with my Droid so I declined. I only got the extended warranty. The manager said it must be a software glitch, but that they regularly offer either the corporate discount OR the loyalty discount. One of their online associates said they would give me free o/n shipping so they put this one in as well. I have a screenshot of that too :)

"Upgrade at Discounted Price + $30 Credit.
Eligible for New Every Two on 07/23/2011"

Keekeegottadroid

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
If ordering over the phone, please ask the rep if there are any promotions. I got a free month credit (same thing was done when I ordered the charge).

$299-$100 NE2-$120 credit=$79

Roger_H

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
OK a couple of questions, how are some of you getting the NE2 of $100 mine is only $50 and I have been with verizon on a smartphone/blackberry for a very long time?

How do you order from letstalk through ebates? It keeps sending me to wirefly.

Keekeegottadroid

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I'm not sure about how the NE2 is determined. I read somewhere a while back that it has something to do with your plan & if you have a smart phone. I had a BB Storm with 900 (?) minutes, unlimited text, 5 friends & family and $29 unlimited data plan. Been with Verizon almost 3 yrs.