Amazon Wireless

SpaceCracker

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I got back about the Bionic this morning.

Hello,

I am so sorry the Droid Bionic's release date has been pushed back by Motorola and it is still unknown when it will be available for sale. The best thing to do is just keep watching the Verizon wireless's website for further details. At this time, I can not confirm if we will even have this phone for sale from AmazonWireless.com.

Thank you for contacting AmazonWireless, have a great day.

Best regards,

Misty M.
AmazonWireless: Cell Phones and Plans
=============================

Greetings from AmazonWireless.com,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, click here:
AmazonWireless

If not, click here:
AmazonWireless

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
This is what I got:
Hello Scott,

Thank you for your questions regarding our phone selection on AmazonWireless. The release and pricing of the Droid Bionic will be posted on the website as soon as the information is available.

We do not currently have an overnight shipping option available at this time on our website. If you wish to discuss an option for upgrading the shipping after placing an order you can contact us at 877-429-8502 upon placing the order.

I apologize but there is no further information available on the Droid Bionic. I can assure you all information with be release on the website when it becomes available.

Thank you and we hope to hear from you again soon.

Best regards,

Robert U.
Maybe your rep was an idiot. :p

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like it's just a canned response email that they've been using for probably the past 3-4 months or so......but that's just my 2 cents. pretty safe to say it hasn't been "pushed back" from tomorrow.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
This is what I got:
Hello Scott,

Thank you for your questions regarding our phone selection on AmazonWireless. The release and pricing of the Droid Bionic will be posted on the website as soon as the information is available.

We do not currently have an overnight shipping option available at this time on our website. If you wish to discuss an option for upgrading the shipping after placing an order you can contact us at 877-429-8502 upon placing the order.

I apologize but there is no further information available on the Droid Bionic. I can assure you all information with be release on the website when it becomes available.

Best regards,

Robert U.

Ha Ha, I think you wrote and asked them the same questions I did - I emailed them but I haven't heard back from the yet. :)

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I just heard back from AmazonWireless:

Hello George,

Thank you for the interesting questions!

1. The Bionic is coming soon, but we can't say exactly when. There's been a flurry of email traffic about, but no real details, like the one you're probably thinking about---price! Having browsed our site however, you probably realize our price is bound to be lower than the carrier store.

2. It's true that Prime doesn't work on AmazonWireless. We only have one speed and one shipping option-- free two day. And I wish to be right up front: for a phone that's in stock, it's up to two days for the carrier to approve your order, then two days to get the order to you. So we'll always quote to you: "Two to four business days".

If you've any further questions, please call us at 877-429-8502. We are open seven days a week, 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time. Or you can email us at amazonwireless@amazon.com.

Best regards,

Hank H.
=============================​

Hey, at least they were honest! They are probably a great option for getting a deal, but maybe not for getting the latest and greatest as soon as possible.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I just heard back from AmazonWireless:

Hello George,

Thank you for the interesting questions!

1. The Bionic is coming soon, but we can't say exactly when. There's been a flurry of email traffic about, but no real details, like the one you're probably thinking about---price! Having browsed our site however, you probably realize our price is bound to be lower than the carrier store.

2. It's true that Prime doesn't work on AmazonWireless. We only have one speed and one shipping option-- free two day. And I wish to be right up front: for a phone that's in stock, it's up to two days for the carrier to approve your order, then two days to get the order to you. So we'll always quote to you: "Two to four business days".

If you've any further questions, please call us at 877-429-8502. We are open seven days a week, 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time. Or you can email us at amazonwireless@amazon.com.

Best regards,

Hank H.
=============================​

Hey, at least they were honest! They are probably a great option for getting a deal, but maybe not for getting the latest and greatest as soon as possible.
I'm stuck between getting the Bionic at Costco for like $270 and those accessories, or going to Amazon and getting it for probably $200-220. And I'd get to open the box myself..but I'm a big fan of instant gratification :). And I probably will have to sell some junk to get it anyways, I'd rather just get the one with more stuff lol.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can do early upgrade on Amazon Wireless? I really wanted to get the Costco deal, but i'm only 1 year into a 2 year contract. Thanks

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can do early upgrade on Amazon Wireless? I really wanted to get the Costco deal, but i'm only 1 year into a 2 year contract. Thanks

Send them an email...I don't think they'll let you do it. I think Verizon's doing it only on their side so they get the money directly lol.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Question: verizon now lets you take an upgrade from a different line on your plan. i/e I'm not do but mom is so I can "switch"and take her update. Since I am the primary your think I'll get a ne2 upgrade price? Have a charge and love it but will probably give it to the girl and get the bionic. Love motorola and the gps reception/chip is much better!

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
It is up on Amazon wireless but it says "available for preorder" and the price is $249 with 2 year, ehh. I can get it throught Verizon for $269 so I won't bother with Amazon.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
This is what I got:
Hello Scott,

Best regards,

Robert U.

that's odd because I ordered the Samsung Epic 4g Touch for sprint originally with the free 2-day. I called in and asked if they could give me overnight and they said yes, for a $17 charge. I convinced them to waive the charge and got a confirmation email

"Hello xxxxxx,

AmazonWireless does not price-match with other retailers. We do, however, consistently work to maintain competitive prices on everything we carry.

I've changed the shipping method for order #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to One-Day Shipping at no extra charge for this one time exception. The estimated delivery date is now Sep 19, 2011.

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

xxxxxx R.
=============================

Greetings from AmazonWireless.com,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, click here:
AmazonWireless

If not, click here:
http://www.amazonwireless.com/hmd/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
also, i noticed that my estimated delivery date changed from sept 20 to sept 19.

this phone is released on the 16th, which is a friday and they will ship it then.

mripirate

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
has anyone ever "bought" phone from amazon wireless or wirefly.com? they have the droid bionic for 249. i didn't know how complicated the process was in buying online vs at a physical location.

monicadayy

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Bionic on Amazon Wireless. I returned my Thunderbolt (which I also bought from them) because it didn't work with my company's exchange server. I returned it 21 days after purchase - they just emailed me a UPS label & said to return it once I received my replacement phone.

I paid 199.00 for it (no tax) and got free 1 day shipping. I ordered it on Thursday and got it on Monday. Not quite one day, but it was free shipping. Their customer service is outstanding. And, they have a 30 day return policy, as opposed to Verizon's 14 day. I also had to return my fiance's x2 (just for another x2 - his camera crapped out) & the same thing - one day shipping free, no charge whatsoever.

My only (very slight, insignificant) gripe with Amazon Wireless is they don't update tracking information if it is one day. Very slight, annoying nonetheless.

To answer the question about complications, I would say none. It was not complicated AT ALL. But I was activating new service (I was a US Cellular customer up until three weeks ago). If all else fails, call them & ask - don't email - as you can see upthread, they use canned (not very helpful) emails.

xxLiquidX

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I also ordered through Amazon Wireless. Being that I went to a new carrier I got it for a $180 deal. I ordered it Monday and it's coming in the mail today. I'm just hoping that nothing is wrong with the phone when it arrives LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca