The Official I Got My Bionic Thread
06-11-2014 05:44 AM
- Well, I ordered mine today and like I suspected it was shipped 2 day, so it wont be here until Friday. I'm thinking now maybe I should go check out Costco and see if they have any in tomorrow, but first wanted to know if I'll have any problems returning the one I ordered through Verizon. Will I have to pay a restocking feed or anything if it's not even opened?09-08-2011 08:10 AM
- 09-08-2011 09:09 AM
- I was the first one to get it at the store I went to. Only problem is getting the 4g sim card to activate. I went ahead and left with the phone with no activation. He told me to call back at 10:30 if it doesn't work by then. He said it was a similiar problem when the thunderbolt came out.09-08-2011 09:09 AM
- I was the first one to get it at the store I went to. Only problem is getting the 4g sim card to activate. I went ahead and left with the phone with no activation. He told me to call back at 10:30 if it doesn't work by then. He said it was a similiar problem when the thunderbolt came out.09-08-2011 09:15 AM
- 09-08-2011 09:16 AM
Are you coming from a 3G phone? If so, does that phone still work? I wouldn't wait until 10. There's a number you can call to complete the activation. I'll post it when I can find it.09-08-2011 09:20 AM
- Well, I ordered mine today and like I suspected it was shipped 2 day, so it wont be here until Friday. I'm thinking now maybe I should go check out Costco and see if they have any in tomorrow, but first wanted to know if I'll have any problems returning the one I ordered through Verizon. Will I have to pay a restocking feed or anything if it's not even opened?09-08-2011 10:03 AM
- Got to the store at 9:30. I was second one there. Store opened at 10:00. About 5 minutes after 10, about 20 people came in! I got mine first because the guy ahead of me let the salesperson sell him stuff. The guy didn't know where to put the SIM card so I had to show him. Took awhile to activate. Then my NE2 discount wasn't showing up, they said it was a problem in the system and a manager came over to give me the price. So I got the phone and was zipping around setting everything up while he was trying to tell me how to set everything up. Very fast phone-like lightning! Now I'm gonna go play!
By the way-while he was in the back getting the phone I was looking around. The lapdock was pretty sweet. Didn't seem buggy at all, but I only played with it for a couple of minutes. But i asked the rep, and he said if I got the lapdock I would need to get the tethering package. He may have been misinformed but if anyone is interested in getting it, make sure you ask about that.
EDIT:by the way, the extended battery is 2700 mAh. Should last for days, but i didn't get one. the included one should be fin09-08-2011 10:09 AM
- It certainly is really nice. got mine a 8:30.
The Pentile bothered me for a whole 5 min before my eyes finally adjusted and I find it very enjoyable. Only thing I can complain about is the lack of 4G... I'm in a 4G area but It only shows 3G signal.
SIM cards in there... It's set to receive LTE/CDMA. I mean I'm on the fringe of 4G but not in the 4G extended... I think I would at least pick it up... :\ maybe I need to call Verizon.
Other than that -- phone is fast, responsive, and simply amazing compared to the speed of my OG Droid. Though I must admit I miss her already. But this new one will do fine. Now for ICS!09-08-2011 10:15 AM
- Yep just stopping in to say I got mine. Guy had to activate in the store and all, per their policy, no biggie but I mentioned before I would have rather done it on my own.
Anyway nothing to say yet, just been cleaning out the blackberry of all the stored notes/pw's/sd card stuff/etc before i really get crackin on the bionic. She is a pretty girl though Very lightweight yet still solidly constructed. Maybe I'll give my own review in the other thread later after spending some time with her. Android life, here I finally am!09-08-2011 10:21 AM
- I was the second one at my VZW store. The girl that had been there a while (I got there 10 minutes before they opened at 9) simply wanted to replace a car charger for another phone, so, I was first in line for a Bionic. Unfortunately, there were some technical issues with the system so it took about an hour, but my salesperson was awesome. She let me do all the account set up myself. She simply made sure the SIM was activated and I was good to go. I had an NE2 upgrade so 30 bucks off for that and another 20 for my corporate discount brought it down to 249.99. I got the standard dock, battery charger with extra battery, silicone case, car dock, and screen protectors for 114 bucks. And I had been saving a 100 dollar rebate I got from a purchase I made last year, so, that was sweet. So far I really really love this phone. I'm backing up the data off my OG Droid now so I can try to restore some of it onto the Bionic. Very happy day.09-08-2011 10:30 AM
- Here's the thing. I was going to get this phone until people started ripping on its internals. Then as I was about to change my mind, I realized I had an OG Droid. 550 Mhz, 1400 mAh battery, and hardly any RAM. This phone has lasted me 2 years, albeit, I rooted it about 4 months ago, and overclocked it.
I realized that, along with many people here, I searched for the best and biggest thing to replace my OG Droid, but then worried about ICS, or the Nexus Prime.
I want ICS, I want a Nexus, but if my Droid can last 2 years, the Bionic I just purchased can survive at least 1 year.
Hello, Bionic. You're so, so, SO, sexy!09-08-2011 11:08 AM
- I was waiting in the parking lot at the VZW store and was the second customer in the store when they opened at 9. First one to buy a Bionic from them though! I picked up the extended battery, vehicle mount and a case for it as well.
So far I am loving this phone!
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk09-08-2011 11:11 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid Bionic
The Official I Got My Bionic Thread
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD