Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Default Re: The Official I Got My Bionic Thread

I just got mine in the mail. I noticed I didn't get any NE2 discount that everyone keeps mentioning, what exactly is this? Also the HD Dock is orginally $100 I believe but they only charged me 74.99.

just picked mine up i was only charged 249.99 and im a branch on a family account. also all you guys have to stop activating your phones cause im still waiting for mine to activate cause there is so much congestion haha

I am standing in front of a corporate Verizon store 30 minutes before they open and it is a goast town. No one in the store and no one else waiting. I was expecting a bit more fanfare.

Got mine this Am...store told me 4G LTE expected here next week!

everyone prepare for a long time for it to activate
    LR7

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

2nd in line for mine this morning. VZW opened up an hour early for us! I ended up with the phone, HD dock, and an extra battery (that came with its own charger). I am loving the phone so far. The Pentile thing is there but it is highly over exaggerated. The phone absolutely flies and the new UI is sweet. The HD dock is very nice and comes with a remote control to access everything while the phone is docked. I am loving my new Moto so far! Hello Moto!!!

Got it at the store at 8:40ish. I was the 5th person there. They opened apparently an hour early but not much buzz.

5th person there but 2nd to buy the bionic. The other 3 people either bought the D3 or a Tablet. I was surprised... No big sell or rush at all.

Got mine. Walked in a couple minutes after opening. There were few other people in the store. Besides me I think there was only 1 other guy picking up a Bionic.

So far so good with the Bionic. A nice upgrade from the D1.

The VZW corporate store where I purchased mine this AM opened their doors about 8:50am to get started processing orders, so it worked out pretty well. There were only 4 or 5 people in the store for the Bionic and the process went quickly.

So, I get excited about getting the Bionic today, but had to wait until Lunch before I could make it to the store. my Company has a B2E relationship with Verizon so i checked the company link and it had the phone for $249...nice. I expect I can get the pricing honored at the store, my account clearly shows my employer. WRONG.

Got to the store, price was $299. PLUS, he informed me it would be an extra $20 because my account wasn't at the full maturation date of the NE2 deal. So he bascially told me, it will cost you $70 more to get it right now. Not happening.

Went back to work, and ordered the phone...in the ordering process is showed that It would be adding a 2 gigabyte data plan for 30 bucks a month... Um, I already have unlimited at 30 bucks a month..my understanding is that I can keep that. So I call.

Verizon rep was very nice, confirmed that I should be able to keep the unlimited data and said I should complete the transaction, and if it changes to call them back. he noted on my account that I called and that I DO have unlimited and the next rep would be able to put me back on my unlimited plan. Cool. So i move to finish up the order.

I also added a Lap dock, they were selling those buggers at $224. that's a steal.

So, I have a phone and a lapdock on the way. Hopefully overnight, but who really knows. Grand total of $474. If I can just figure out how to add wireless tether, this thing is gonna rock.

Beef5Stew

$505 later and 2 full bags of accessories i have mine. First in Western South Dakota to get one. Gotta love the mil discount. Walked away with phone, Otterbox case, screen protectors, HD Dock, Standard Dock, Extra Battery/charge stand, Car Nav dock all staying under my $550 budget LOL. I pretty much got every accessory minus the Lapdock (they didn't offer discount other than the $100 mail-in rebate) and Webtop Adapter there was. Now to get everything setup on it.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

Congrats trail. I got mine bright and early this am also. Havent picked up the hd dock or car dock yet. I am def planning on it though. Man this thing is thinner and lighter than i expected. I know everyone keeps saying its thin and light and they were not kidding.

Picked mine up 8am this morning. Was #1 of 5 in line (if you count the 10 year old girl with her mom). Bought the webdock dongle but am taking back since I'll never really use it. Will get a car mount instead and maybe a case since my bezel has already been nicked.

Blah, I'm having issues with the sim card. Keeps saying it doesn't recognize/isn't registered in the system. Other than that the phone is great!

Took my sim card about 45 min to activate at the store... It was quite sad...

Nevermind, figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by xjoshuax89 View Post
    Took my sim card about 45 min to activate at the store... It was quite sad...
    Yeah, I've been on the phone with a rep since I first got it.

ROM
    Project Elite OG

I still don't have mine activated after 4 1/2 hours. Just will not do it.

Took mine 30 minutes at the store, just keep re-booting. Really dumb, but I do like the way it feels.

OH! And I got the extended battery 50% off!!! Hidden deal FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Congrats trail. I got mine bright and early this am also. Havent picked up the hd dock or car dock yet. I am def planning on it though. Man this thing is thinner and lighter than i expected. I know everyone keeps saying its thin and light and they were not kidding.
    I was there at 0730 and the dang store didn't open till 1000. Scared the manager and he did call everyone in thinking people were starting to camp but I was the only guy there until 10 minutes to open and like 6 people showed up. I posted a pic in the Bionic photos of my wall of accessories.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!
    AZ1

Got mine. Showed up right when the store opened.. I probably could've slept a little longer though; the rep helping me said Motorola stocked the store pretty well with ~100 Bionics.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ucop27 View Post
    Walked into store at 8am, only person there was me. Got the HD dock for 54.99, car mount 29.99 and otterbox for 29.99. I left a little after 830 and not 1 person came in after me looking for the phone, the staff was expecting more people.

How did you get the HD Dock for 54? That thing has a $99 price tag on it.

I picked mine up this morning at Verizon. It is sweet. It is thin and not too heavy. It has just enough weight to it so you know you are holding a solid piece of equipment.

I got to the store shortly after they opened and I was the first person there to get a bionic - although it was raining really heavy here.

The rep started to "qualify" me and ask me a lot of questions. I told him I probably know more about it than he did, and he could just ring me up and make it easy. He laughed and said "well that makes it easier for me"

He pointed out the lapdock, and I told him that I was going to pick one up at a later date. HE told me that they had a deal that made it $100 cheaper. I explained to him that it was a rebate if you were getting a data plan of $50 or more. He said nope straight discount. I said ok, I'll take it then.

So he was ringing up the phone and lapdock and it came back exactly as I had said with the rebate. He called his manager over, apparently his manager had given them bad info. The Manager just gave me an instant rebate and sold me the lapdock for $200 because they screwed up, then told the sales rep that any other customers had to go with the whole "rebate for $50 data plan deal".

I can at least confirm that there is no "tethering" package required for the use of the lapdock with the Bionic over 4G as there was some discussion that ATT does it that way.

I only bought the phone, lapdock and a screen protector. I have a free case, I will need to do a review on it, coming soon. I will get mobile dock, HD dock, holster case later - but I had not really planned on buying the lapdock today and I would ideally like a case that works with the docks or is at least easy to take off and put on.

It took a while for them to get the phone activated but I wasn't in a hurry so no big deal.

I am loving the phone so far. I am still trying to figure some stuff out. It didn't just download all my apps and I am having a problem with Google Voice voicemail. But I will figure it out.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Bionics!
    irl Panda likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    I still don't have mine activated after 4 1/2 hours. Just will not do it.
    I talked to an engineer and he said it's a known issue. I guess the system is bogged down with activations. More waiting!

Edit: Quick side note, anyone having a hard time trying to break the old unlock button habit? My finger keeps going to the right side only to find nothing there. :P
    wgroche likes this.

So I called up one of my buddies from the BBM I used to work at and had her check the inventory management software for me. Only two Bionics in the entire Charlotte, NC area. I called the store, and bussed it on down there. New phone day!

And in case any of you also have the iGrip universal mount, it BARELY fits. You have to ease it into the cradle firmly and slowly; so as not to pull the foamies off the the clamp:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast