The Official I Got My Bionic Thread

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
$505 later and 2 full bags of accessories i have mine. First in Western South Dakota to get one. Gotta love the mil discount. Walked away with phone, Otterbox case, screen protectors, HD Dock, Standard Dock, Extra Battery/charge stand, Car Nav dock all staying under my $550 budget LOL. I pretty much got every accessory minus the Lapdock (they didn't offer discount other than the $100 mail-in rebate) and Webtop Adapter there was. Now to get everything setup on it.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Congrats trail. I got mine bright and early this am also. Havent picked up the hd dock or car dock yet. I am def planning on it though. Man this thing is thinner and lighter than i expected. I know everyone keeps saying its thin and light and they were not kidding.

LordVierge

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up 8am this morning. Was #1 of 5 in line (if you count the 10 year old girl with her mom). Bought the webdock dongle but am taking back since I'll never really use it. Will get a car mount instead and maybe a case since my bezel has already been nicked.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Blah, I'm having issues with the sim card. Keeps saying it doesn't recognize/isn't registered in the system. Other than that the phone is great!

iijeriichoii

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Took mine 30 minutes at the store, just keep re-booting. Really dumb, but I do like the way it feels.

OH! And I got the extended battery 50% off!!! Hidden deal FTW!

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Congrats trail. I got mine bright and early this am also. Havent picked up the hd dock or car dock yet. I am def planning on it though. Man this thing is thinner and lighter than i expected. I know everyone keeps saying its thin and light and they were not kidding.

I was there at 0730 and the dang store didn't open till 1000. Scared the manager and he did call everyone in thinking people were starting to camp but I was the only guy there until 10 minutes to open and like 6 people showed up. I posted a pic in the Bionic photos of my wall of accessories.

AZ1

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Got mine. Showed up right when the store opened.. I probably could've slept a little longer though; the rep helping me said Motorola stocked the store pretty well with ~100 Bionics.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Walked into store at 8am, only person there was me. Got the HD dock for 54.99, car mount 29.99 and otterbox for 29.99. I left a little after 830 and not 1 person came in after me looking for the phone, the staff was expecting more people.

How did you get the HD Dock for 54? That thing has a $99 price tag on it.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up this morning at Verizon. It is sweet. It is thin and not too heavy. It has just enough weight to it so you know you are holding a solid piece of equipment.

I got to the store shortly after they opened and I was the first person there to get a bionic - although it was raining really heavy here.

The rep started to "qualify" me and ask me a lot of questions. I told him I probably know more about it than he did, and he could just ring me up and make it easy. He laughed and said "well that makes it easier for me"

He pointed out the lapdock, and I told him that I was going to pick one up at a later date. HE told me that they had a deal that made it $100 cheaper. I explained to him that it was a rebate if you were getting a data plan of $50 or more. He said nope straight discount. I said ok, I'll take it then.

So he was ringing up the phone and lapdock and it came back exactly as I had said with the rebate. He called his manager over, apparently his manager had given them bad info. The Manager just gave me an instant rebate and sold me the lapdock for $200 because they screwed up, then told the sales rep that any other customers had to go with the whole "rebate for $50 data plan deal".

I can at least confirm that there is no "tethering" package required for the use of the lapdock with the Bionic over 4G as there was some discussion that ATT does it that way.

I only bought the phone, lapdock and a screen protector. I have a free case, I will need to do a review on it, coming soon. I will get mobile dock, HD dock, holster case later - but I had not really planned on buying the lapdock today and I would ideally like a case that works with the docks or is at least easy to take off and put on.

It took a while for them to get the phone activated but I wasn't in a hurry so no big deal.

I am loving the phone so far. I am still trying to figure some stuff out. It didn't just download all my apps and I am having a problem with Google Voice voicemail. But I will figure it out.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Bionics! :)

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I still don't have mine activated after 4 1/2 hours. Just will not do it.

I talked to an engineer and he said it's a known issue. I guess the system is bogged down with activations. More waiting!

Edit: Quick side note, anyone having a hard time trying to break the old unlock button habit? My finger keeps going to the right side only to find nothing there. :p

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So I called up one of my buddies from the BBM I used to work at and had her check the inventory management software for me. Only two Bionics in the entire Charlotte, NC area. I called the store, and bussed it on down there. New phone day! :cool:

qz51B.jpg

And in case any of you also have the iGrip universal mount, it BARELY fits. You have to ease it into the cradle firmly and slowly; so as not to pull the foamies off the the clamp:

eqfAa.jpg

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up this morning at Verizon. It is sweet. It is thin and not too heavy. It has just enough weight to it so you know you are holding a solid piece of equipment.

I got to the store shortly after they opened and I was the first person there to get a bionic - although it was raining really heavy here.

The rep started to "qualify" me and ask me a lot of questions. I told him I probably know more about it than he did, and he could just ring me up and make it easy. He laughed and said "well that makes it easier for me"

He pointed out the lapdock, and I told him that I was going to pick one up at a later date. HE told me that they had a deal that made it $100 cheaper. I explained to him that it was a rebate if you were getting a data plan of $50 or more. He said nope straight discount. I said ok, I'll take it then.

So he was ringing up the phone and lapdock and it came back exactly as I had said with the rebate. He called his manager over, apparently his manager had given them bad info. The Manager just gave me an instant rebate and sold me the lapdock for $200 because they screwed up, then told the sales rep that any other customers had to go with the whole "rebate for $50 data plan deal".

I can at least confirm that there is no "tethering" package required for the use of the lapdock with the Bionic over 4G as there was some discussion that ATT does it that way.

I only bought the phone, lapdock and a screen protector. I have a free case, I will need to do a review on it, coming soon. I will get mobile dock, HD dock, holster case later - but I had not really planned on buying the lapdock today and I would ideally like a case that works with the docks or is at least easy to take off and put on.

It took a while for them to get the phone activated but I wasn't in a hurry so no big deal.

I am loving the phone so far. I am still trying to figure some stuff out. It didn't just download all my apps and I am having a problem with Google Voice voicemail. But I will figure it out.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Bionics! :)

For ease of case removal the Otterbox is actually alot easier than I thought so going from dock to dock won't be that big of an issue.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
After 5 hours of no activation I called support. Had me do a hard reset. Not sure if she did anything on her end, but now i'm good to go.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Bought mine at a verizon kiosk in a BJ's...they got 5 in, there was one left after me.

Paid 250 for the phone and 25 for the extended battery.