Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Default Re: The Official I Got My Bionic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GBH2 View Post
    I picked mine up this morning at Verizon. It is sweet. It is thin and not too heavy. It has just enough weight to it so you know you are holding a solid piece of equipment.

I got to the store shortly after they opened and I was the first person there to get a bionic - although it was raining really heavy here.

The rep started to "qualify" me and ask me a lot of questions. I told him I probably know more about it than he did, and he could just ring me up and make it easy. He laughed and said "well that makes it easier for me"

He pointed out the lapdock, and I told him that I was going to pick one up at a later date. HE told me that they had a deal that made it $100 cheaper. I explained to him that it was a rebate if you were getting a data plan of $50 or more. He said nope straight discount. I said ok, I'll take it then.

So he was ringing up the phone and lapdock and it came back exactly as I had said with the rebate. He called his manager over, apparently his manager had given them bad info. The Manager just gave me an instant rebate and sold me the lapdock for $200 because they screwed up, then told the sales rep that any other customers had to go with the whole "rebate for $50 data plan deal".

I can at least confirm that there is no "tethering" package required for the use of the lapdock with the Bionic over 4G as there was some discussion that ATT does it that way.

I only bought the phone, lapdock and a screen protector. I have a free case, I will need to do a review on it, coming soon. I will get mobile dock, HD dock, holster case later - but I had not really planned on buying the lapdock today and I would ideally like a case that works with the docks or is at least easy to take off and put on.

It took a while for them to get the phone activated but I wasn't in a hurry so no big deal.

I am loving the phone so far. I am still trying to figure some stuff out. It didn't just download all my apps and I am having a problem with Google Voice voicemail. But I will figure it out.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Bionics!
    For ease of case removal the Otterbox is actually alot easier than I thought so going from dock to dock won't be that big of an issue.
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

ROM
    Project Elite OG

After 5 hours of no activation I called support. Had me do a hard reset. Not sure if she did anything on her end, but now i'm good to go.

Bought mine at a verizon kiosk in a BJ's...they got 5 in, there was one left after me.

Paid 250 for the phone and 25 for the extended battery.

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    After 5 hours of no activation I called support. Had me do a hard reset. Not sure if she did anything on her end, but now i'm good to go.
    Hmm. I'm gonna try that now.

Edit: No luck. Just gonna have to wait it out.
    Last edited by irl Panda; 09-08-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by irl Panda View Post

It took about 30 minutes in the store, the girl thought it had an error but the manager said to just wait. I also got a crap silicone case and some screen protectors for 50% off.

Went in after the crowd died down and picked up one with a case and extended battery. Woot Woot

ROM
    Project Elite OG

Mine would try to activate then after a few minutes it would say there was a a problem with activation and I needed to call customer care. There was a retry button which would reboot the phone and try again. At first she told me that I would just need to wait it out. Because I told her that it error-ed out with a problem, it gave her a different concern. Then had me do the reset. Not sure if she did anything on her end but it is worth a try to call the tech support if you can. She made obsolutely sure i had phone calls, text, and data working.

Quote Originally Posted by wseyller View Post
    Mine would try to activate then after a few minutes it would say there was a a problem with activation and I needed to call customer care. There was a retry button which would reboot the phone and try again. At first she told me that I would just need to wait it out. Because I told her that it error-ed out with a problem, it gave her a different concern. Then had me do the reset. Not sure if she did anything on her end but it is worth a try to call the tech support if you can. She made obsolutely sure i had phone calls, text, and data working.
    Yeah, mine is doing the exact same thing. I've already called CS, tech, and even spoke to an engineer. Nothing.

Yeah, mine is doing the exact same thing. I've already called CS, tech, and even spoke to an engineer. Nothing.
    the System is over loaded, after 2 tries mine went through. hang in there give it some time. make sure you have good signal.

Love this Phone! Droid X is my PMP now...

For those having activation issues with the sim card, the reps in my store found a unique solution. They kept rebooting, but, what they found ultimately works is after like the second time trying to reboot, the hit the back button, tried to activate again, and leave it for 5-10 minutes and it worked. At least something else to try.

Just got mine! Took a long time to activate, but that's the only thing that's been slow about it so far. Except the actual release that is...

Picked mine up about two hours ago. Took about an hour for the activation to finally go through. The rep started the process and sent me home with it while it tried to finish. About 30 minutes later it said it failed and prompted me to retry. Once it restarted it activated with no problem. Loving it thus far. Gonna really get to play with it tonight/tomorrow.

I picked mine up at 9:30 this morning, but had to go back to work so I can't play too much..;(( I love it so far...the Verizon store had bundled accessory deals...for $60 I got an EXTENDED BAT/COV, EAR BUDS, STAND DOCK, and CAR CHARGER - I didn't think that was bad at all.
    P.S. the extended battery fits in ALL docks according to salesman...he said Verizon was expecting that! This extended battery takes forever to charge with wall plug!
    Cory

I haz one!!

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 25/Imoseyon lean 2.2

Could not get the Costco deal...only had an early upgrade, and they would only recognize it at the VZ corporate store...

But I did get my corporate discount. Already rooted and installed Titanium. Time to start freezing some bloat. Wish I could get rid of it.

Pretty snappy phone. An improvement over the X (which I LOVED btw...)

Still trying to get all my apps installed again...long and winding road...

Quote Originally Posted by corymcnutt View Post
    I picked mine up at 9:30 this morning, but had to go back to work so I can't play too much..;(( I love it so far...the Verizon store had bundled accessory deals...for $60 I got an EXTENDED BAT/COV, EAR BUDS, STAND DOCK, and CAR CHARGER - I didn't think that was bad at all.
    P.S. the extended battery fits in ALL docks according to salesman...he said Verizon was expecting that! This extended battery takes forever to charge with wall plug!
    How much thicker is it now?

Quote Originally Posted by hvalergir View Post
    How much thicker is it now?
    Check Phil's video...about as thick as a tbolt

GOT IT!! Went to the VZW Corp store around 12:30 and they still had plenty. Costco sold out of their few units within about 10 minutes so I missed out on that. BUT, they confirmed that they couldn't do the 'early' upgrade like VZW can, so no worries.

Did have an uh-oh moment and did not leave the store with the phone he first brought out. We did the transaction and he booted it up, we did the set-up, finished that, then we look down and there staring back up at us is the red-eye boot animation! This thing did a hard reboot..and seemed to be taking a while to come back to life. At about the exact same moment, we both said 'lets just get a different one'. He sets up the next one and it had zero problems. I guess there could be some quirks, but i'm not walking out with a brand new phone doing its own reboot. But at least the guy didn't try to tell me that was ok....

Other than that we all know how great the phone is, and I haven't really played with it long enough to 'review' anything. But I will comment on the screen because I've never had a pentile display (coming from HTC Inc) and I'll i know about them is from what i read or see online. That was the one thing i was unsure about heading into the store. My conclusion is that there is no reason to dis this phone based on its screen beyond anything more than personal preference. it looks great to me! The ONLY place i see ANY kind of pixelation is on the top most edge of the battery icon. and that is only because i was looking for it after reading about it. But you really have to want to find it. IOW, its not noticeable in real-world usage. In some gray colors, if you really just stare at the screen (like you're doing one of those magic-pictures that appear after you stare long enough), you might see something that looks like pixelation. But again, not in real-world use.

Anyone know where I can find drivers for bluetooth? Windows 7 can't seem to install it automatically. I'm trying to get it to connect to my computer so I can send files.

Don't feel bad. As I was standing there waiting for the sales person to fix some issues in the system, one of the other sales people was helping someone. They put the sim in, battery back in, cover back on...went to turn it on and the phone slipped out of his hand and bounced about 5' across the floor. "I'll just go get you another one." He didn't even try to turn it on at that point. It was PROBABLY fine but was still nice to see good customer service.

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6 GB

I was willing to pay the $299.00, and renew for another 2yrs... but they wanted me to also use an available upgrade to get that price (online). I told the CSR that I could walk into the store and buy one for $299.00 and renew my contract and I wouldn't have to use one of my available upgrade options. Where's the upgrade if I'm paying full price.
    I have 5 phones with Verizon and am paying about $600.00 a month. They should give me every new phone that comes out to keep me paying $600 a month. I could see trying to sell me another line and phone. But, they would rather I be disappointed, not get the phone I want, and take my $600 a month to Sprint, where data is cheap...

I shall give them what they want...

PS: Before all the morons say I want something for nothing, BS!! I was willing to pay the $299 you all paid, and I was willing to renew for another two years, just like you... Moron!

Got mine. Was at Costco 5 minutes before they opened and was 5th in line for 6 phones in stock. Unfortunately, FedEx hadn't delivered them yet, so we all waited an hour and a half for them to arrive. But we got the whole accessories package and Bionic for $279, under $300 out the door.

Man, this phone dwarfs my Iphone 3GS but that will make the 4G streaming video seem that much better
    Last edited by krazifan; 09-08-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckroid View Post
    I was willing to pay the $299.00, and renew for another 2yrs... but they wanted me to also use an available upgrade to get that price (online). I told the CSR that I could walk into the store and buy one for $299.00 and renew my contract and I wouldn't have to use one of my available upgrade options. Where's the upgrade if I'm paying full price.
    I have 5 phones with Verizon and am paying about $600.00 a month. They should give me every new phone that comes out to keep me paying $600 a month. I could see trying to sell me another line and phone. But, they would rather I be disappointed, not get the phone I want, and take my $600 a month to Sprint, where data is cheap...

PS: Before all the morons say I want something for nothing, BS!! I was willing to pay the $299 you all paid, and I was willing to renew for another two years, just like you... Moron!
    I'm sorry if I mis understood your comments, but 299 is the upgrage price, full price is 589.

So I took my Charge's SIM out and popped it into one of the Bionic's that arrived today at the store I'm working in and I got a little nervous. Would I feel like I'm stepping backwards when I leave and put my SIM back in my Charge? Am I gonna be forever jealous and probably spend money, that I don't really have, for an outright Bionic?
    The answer: No.

qHD or not, hands down, the Charge's screen topples the Bionic's. In fact, the Bionic's screen hurts my eyes and makes it difficult to focus.
    What is wrong with this thing? It won't make a solid image. There's scanning lines like an old TV but worse. The D3 and DX2 don't have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckroid View Post

Wow you are getting robbed by Verizon. 5 phones and $600 per month?

My Droid Bionic monthly plan is about $80 per month with 900 min unlimited texts and data. If your paying 600 for 5 phones your paying $120 per month on average per phone? Do you get the craziness or are you just lieing....
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast