The Official I Got My Bionic Thread

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I'm gonna try that now.

Edit: No luck. Just gonna have to wait it out.

Mine would try to activate then after a few minutes it would say there was a a problem with activation and I needed to call customer care. There was a retry button which would reboot the phone and try again. At first she told me that I would just need to wait it out. Because I told her that it error-ed out with a problem, it gave her a different concern. Then had me do the reset. Not sure if she did anything on her end but it is worth a try to call the tech support if you can. She made obsolutely sure i had phone calls, text, and data working.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine would try to activate then after a few minutes it would say there was a a problem with activation and I needed to call customer care. There was a retry button which would reboot the phone and try again. At first she told me that I would just need to wait it out. Because I told her that it error-ed out with a problem, it gave her a different concern. Then had me do the reset. Not sure if she did anything on her end but it is worth a try to call the tech support if you can. She made obsolutely sure i had phone calls, text, and data working.

Yeah, mine is doing the exact same thing. I've already called CS, tech, and even spoke to an engineer. Nothing.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, mine is doing the exact same thing. I've already called CS, tech, and even spoke to an engineer. Nothing.

the System is over loaded, after 2 tries mine went through. hang in there give it some time. make sure you have good signal.

Love this Phone! Droid X is my PMP now... :)

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
For those having activation issues with the sim card, the reps in my store found a unique solution. They kept rebooting, but, what they found ultimately works is after like the second time trying to reboot, the hit the back button, tried to activate again, and leave it for 5-10 minutes and it worked. At least something else to try.

Are Bee

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine! Took a long time to activate, but that's the only thing that's been slow about it so far. Except the actual release that is...

zendevar

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Picked mine up about two hours ago. Took about an hour for the activation to finally go through. The rep started the process and sent me home with it while it tried to finish. About 30 minutes later it said it failed and prompted me to retry. Once it restarted it activated with no problem. Loving it thus far. Gonna really get to play with it tonight/tomorrow.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up at 9:30 this morning, but had to go back to work so I can't play too much..;(( I love it so far...the Verizon store had bundled accessory deals...for $60 I got an EXTENDED BAT/COV, EAR BUDS, STAND DOCK, and CAR CHARGER - I didn't think that was bad at all.
P.S. the extended battery fits in ALL docks according to salesman...he said Verizon was expecting that! This extended battery takes forever to charge with wall plug!

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Could not get the Costco deal...only had an early upgrade, and they would only recognize it at the VZ corporate store...

But I did get my corporate discount. Already rooted and installed Titanium. Time to start freezing some bloat. Wish I could get rid of it.

Pretty snappy phone. An improvement over the X (which I LOVED btw...)

Still trying to get all my apps installed again...long and winding road...

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I picked mine up at 9:30 this morning, but had to go back to work so I can't play too much..;(( I love it so far...the Verizon store had bundled accessory deals...for $60 I got an EXTENDED BAT/COV, EAR BUDS, STAND DOCK, and CAR CHARGER - I didn't think that was bad at all.
P.S. the extended battery fits in ALL docks according to salesman...he said Verizon was expecting that! This extended battery takes forever to charge with wall plug!

How much thicker is it now?

dustinfrank

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
GOT IT!! Went to the VZW Corp store around 12:30 and they still had plenty. Costco sold out of their few units within about 10 minutes so I missed out on that. BUT, they confirmed that they couldn't do the 'early' upgrade like VZW can, so no worries.

Did have an uh-oh moment and did not leave the store with the phone he first brought out. We did the transaction and he booted it up, we did the set-up, finished that, then we look down and there staring back up at us is the red-eye boot animation! This thing did a hard reboot..and seemed to be taking a while to come back to life. At about the exact same moment, we both said 'lets just get a different one'. He sets up the next one and it had zero problems. I guess there could be some quirks, but i'm not walking out with a brand new phone doing its own reboot. But at least the guy didn't try to tell me that was ok....

Other than that we all know how great the phone is, and I haven't really played with it long enough to 'review' anything. But I will comment on the screen because I've never had a pentile display (coming from HTC Inc) and I'll i know about them is from what i read or see online. That was the one thing i was unsure about heading into the store. My conclusion is that there is no reason to dis this phone based on its screen beyond anything more than personal preference. it looks great to me! The ONLY place i see ANY kind of pixelation is on the top most edge of the battery icon. and that is only because i was looking for it after reading about it. But you really have to want to find it. IOW, its not noticeable in real-world usage. In some gray colors, if you really just stare at the screen (like you're doing one of those magic-pictures that appear after you stare long enough), you might see something that looks like pixelation. But again, not in real-world use.

slvrdrgn123

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know where I can find drivers for bluetooth? Windows 7 can't seem to install it automatically. I'm trying to get it to connect to my computer so I can send files.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't feel bad. As I was standing there waiting for the sales person to fix some issues in the system, one of the other sales people was helping someone. They put the sim in, battery back in, cover back on...went to turn it on and the phone slipped out of his hand and bounced about 5' across the floor. "I'll just go get you another one." He didn't even try to turn it on at that point. It was PROBABLY fine but was still nice to see good customer service.

Chuckroid

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I was willing to pay the $299.00, and renew for another 2yrs... but they wanted me to also use an available upgrade to get that price (online). I told the CSR that I could walk into the store and buy one for $299.00 and renew my contract and I wouldn't have to use one of my available upgrade options. Where's the upgrade if I'm paying full price.
I have 5 phones with Verizon and am paying about $600.00 a month. They should give me every new phone that comes out to keep me paying $600 a month. I could see trying to sell me another line and phone. But, they would rather I be disappointed, not get the phone I want, and take my $600 a month to Sprint, where data is cheap...

I shall give them what they want...

PS: Before all the morons say I want something for nothing, BS!! I was willing to pay the $299 you all paid, and I was willing to renew for another two years, just like you... Moron! :confused:

krazifan

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Got mine. Was at Costco 5 minutes before they opened and was 5th in line for 6 phones in stock. Unfortunately, FedEx hadn't delivered them yet, so we all waited an hour and a half for them to arrive. But we got the whole accessories package and Bionic for $279, under $300 out the door.

Man, this phone dwarfs my Iphone 3GS but that will make the 4G streaming video seem that much better :)

Last edited:

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I was willing to pay the $299.00, and renew for another 2yrs... but they wanted me to also use an available upgrade to get that price (online). I told the CSR that I could walk into the store and buy one for $299.00 and renew my contract and I wouldn't have to use one of my available upgrade options. Where's the upgrade if I'm paying full price.
I have 5 phones with Verizon and am paying about $600.00 a month. They should give me every new phone that comes out to keep me paying $600 a month. I could see trying to sell me another line and phone. But, they would rather I be disappointed, not get the phone I want, and take my $600 a month to Sprint, where data is cheap...

PS: Before all the morons say I want something for nothing, BS!! I was willing to pay the $299 you all paid, and I was willing to renew for another two years, just like you... Moron! :confused:

I'm sorry if I mis understood your comments, but 299 is the upgrage price, full price is 589.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So I took my Charge's SIM out and popped it into one of the Bionic's that arrived today at the store I'm working in and I got a little nervous. Would I feel like I'm stepping backwards when I leave and put my SIM back in my Charge? Am I gonna be forever jealous and probably spend money, that I don't really have, for an outright Bionic?
The answer: No.

qHD or not, hands down, the Charge's screen topples the Bionic's. In fact, the Bionic's screen hurts my eyes and makes it difficult to focus.
What is wrong with this thing? It won't make a solid image. There's scanning lines like an old TV but worse. The D3 and DX2 don't have this problem.

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Wow you are getting robbed by Verizon. 5 phones and $600 per month?

My Droid Bionic monthly plan is about $80 per month with 900 min unlimited texts and data. If your paying 600 for 5 phones your paying $120 per month on average per phone? Do you get the craziness or are you just lieing....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech