The Official I Got My Bionic Thread

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm so jealous all of you have yoru phone. I wont get mine until tomorrow because VZ screwed up my online order yesterday, and didnt ship it overnight like I confirmed 3 times. I did go in today and pick up some accessories and played with the phone. Cant wait til tomorrow.

maltby84

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I got mine for 279.99 from Costco in Morena Valley, CA. It came with a car dock, car charger, desk dock, a wall charger, a second battery and a separate charger to go with it. Made out like a bandit...

ucop27

May 10, 2011
Visit site
How did you get the HD Dock for 54? That thing has a $99 price tag on it.

Saleman said the corporate price was (I forgot what he said) then with my 25% off it came to $54. He checked and there was no corporate price discount on the laptop dock.

ober51

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Since you ordered the phone from Verizon already, it won't show in the system that you're eligible for an upgrade so Costco won't be able to sell you a phone at the discounted price. You'd have to wait for the phone to come, refuse the delivery, and then wait for it to make its way back to Verizon before your eligibility would be reset. I also have to wait until tomorrow for my phone to be delivered so I won't have it on release day.

Same thing. I got screwed and now have to wait until Monday :(

jke131

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got the bionic! Iv been waiting since March for this thing. I got the last one in stock at the BB in my area. Got off work late I was worried I wouldnt make it. so Definitely a lot thinner than I thought. The screen is very nice and 4g speeds are very fast. Very pleased with the phone. A lot better than the POS Samsung Omnia I had for 2 years. Definitely a huge step up from that.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL no more than an hour after coming home today I already sent for the shipping box to resell my Storm 2 back to verizon. Good riddance to bad rubish. Funny thing is Verizon is giving me $44 still for it LOLZ

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine this afternoon...after switching from an iPhone 4 I can't believe the difference. Android really puts iOS to shame. I was nervous about the pentile, but I think it's a great screen - I really can't imagine people having a problem with it other than to sound "above" it.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my Bionic at 9AM today and have been loving it so far. I did experience 1 odd issue, I was at my MMA school for about 2.5 hrs tonight and the locker room doesnt have any signal. When I left I never got my data signal back. I drove all the way home messing with the thing....airplane mode on and off, changing it to CDMA only then back to CDMA/LTE, turned on and off sync. The only thing i didnt do was reboot cause well that would be giving up! Finally it came back when I got in range of the 4G near my house....didnt come back when I only had 3G coverage but the moment i got in a 4G zone, it was back.

Quite the odd issue....ive also noticed some slow switching between 3g and 4g and vice versa.

Still I love the phone and it is a huge upgrade over my OG Droid. I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10.

58Gemni

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ahhh, finally home and time to play with my new Bionic. Was # 8 in line for 9 phones at Costco. Been spoiled with no bloat on the Nexus S. May need to root and clean up eh?

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I got my Bionic at 9AM today and have been loving it so far. I did experience 1 odd issue, I was at my MMA school for about 2.5 hrs tonight and the locker room doesnt have any signal. When I left I never got my data signal back. I drove all the way home messing with the thing....airplane mode on and off, changing it to CDMA only then back to CDMA/LTE, turned on and off sync. The only thing i didnt do was reboot cause well that would be giving up! Finally it came back when I got in range of the 4G near my house....didnt come back when I only had 3G coverage but the moment i got in a 4G zone, it was back.

Quite the odd issue....ive also noticed some slow switching between 3g and 4g and vice versa.

Still I love the phone and it is a huge upgrade over my OG Droid. I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10.

I had the same problem... What I did was I went in to the wireless network setting and switched it to CDMA and it went back, then switched it to LTE. I would have no idea as to why yours got stuck.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I dumped my three month old Verizon iPhone 4 for the Bionic today. Unfortunately, I had to pay full price. The screen bothers me a little bit but I don't think I would have noticed if it hadn't been for everyone on this site. I'm hoping I'll adjust to it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
WOW!

The speed of this thing blows everything else away that I have used (this includes the Atrix and iPhone 4). Has to be experienced to be believed.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I walked into my local corporate store this evening after supper to play with one. The manager guy came up and asked if I had any questions. I told him just one: did he actually have any of these left? He said absolutely, we are finally getting enough phones at launch.

I then asked if I got any corporate pricing. I've gotten money off on all of my previous Motorola Android phones and all of the other 4G phones (Thunderbolt being the only one I actually bought of those) and he wasn't sure but thought probably. He took me over to a sales rep and had her look it up for me, then she verified my upgrade and asked if I wanted one.

After verifying that I was able to charge it to my account I said yes. We then started talking about accessories. I bought a dock (thought I was getting the multimedia dock that was on display but actually got the standard charging one), and an extra battery (would have to order an extended life one, so I just took a standard one -- Both are 50% off because they are for 4G devices). I also got a set of screen protectors which she put on the phone for me.

She seemed to be kind of pressing the lap dock (I probably want one but not now) and offered me the unlimited hotspot feature (again I will probably do this just not now).

All and all a pleasant experience.

This phone is amazing that is all I can say. No lag AT ALL, I never thought I would say that about a Motoblur device.

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Dumped my Iphone 4 yesterday for the Bionic. Was not planning it a friend asked me to look at it for him. I walked into the store and after a long activation I walked out with one. Later I ran into my friend and he asked what I thought of it, I showed him mine. He is picking his up today.

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow you are getting robbed by Verizon. 5 phones and $600 per month?

My Droid Bionic monthly plan is about $80 per month with 900 min unlimited texts and data. If your paying 600 for 5 phones your paying $120 per month on average per phone? Do you get the craziness or are you just lieing....

what is your bottom line after taxes etc. I have 2 smartphones, family plan, and corporate discount and still play $200/month.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
picked up mine at 9am yesterday. Upgraded from a BB Curve, and wow what a difference! My brother in law is looking at upgrade and is was on the fence between a Droid and iphone5. After checking out my phone and comparing the speed test of the Bionic against his iphone, it wasnt even a competition. He is officially getting a Droid with LTE now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney