The Official I Got My Bionic Thread

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I ordered mine today and like I suspected it was shipped 2 day, so it wont be here until Friday. I'm thinking now maybe I should go check out Costco and see if they have any in tomorrow, but first wanted to know if I'll have any problems returning the one I ordered through Verizon. Will I have to pay a restocking feed or anything if it's not even opened?
EBAY

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Got to the store at 9:30. I was second one there. Store opened at 10:00. About 5 minutes after 10, about 20 people came in! I got mine first because the guy ahead of me let the salesperson sell him stuff. The guy didn't know where to put the SIM card so I had to show him. Took awhile to activate. Then my NE2 discount wasn't showing up, they said it was a problem in the system and a manager came over to give me the price. So I got the phone and was zipping around setting everything up while he was trying to tell me how to set everything up. Very fast phone-like lightning! Now I'm gonna go play!
By the way-while he was in the back getting the phone I was looking around. The lapdock was pretty sweet. Didn't seem buggy at all, but I only played with it for a couple of minutes. But i asked the rep, and he said if I got the lapdock I would need to get the tethering package. He may have been misinformed but if anyone is interested in getting it, make sure you ask about that.

EDIT:by the way, the extended battery is 2700 mAh. Should last for days, but i didn't get one. the included one should be fin

Last edited:

anon(387460)

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It certainly is really nice. got mine a 8:30.

The Pentile bothered me for a whole 5 min before my eyes finally adjusted and I find it very enjoyable. Only thing I can complain about is the lack of 4G... I'm in a 4G area but It only shows 3G signal.

SIM cards in there... It's set to receive LTE/CDMA. I mean I'm on the fringe of 4G but not in the 4G extended... I think I would at least pick it up... :\ maybe I need to call Verizon.

Other than that -- phone is fast, responsive, and simply amazing compared to the speed of my OG Droid. Though I must admit I miss her already. But this new one will do fine. Now for ICS!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep just stopping in to say I got mine. Guy had to activate in the store and all, per their policy, no biggie but I mentioned before I would have rather done it on my own.

Anyway nothing to say yet, just been cleaning out the blackberry of all the stored notes/pw's/sd card stuff/etc before i really get crackin on the bionic. She is a pretty girl though :) Very lightweight yet still solidly constructed. Maybe I'll give my own review in the other thread later after spending some time with her. Android life, here I finally am!

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I just picked mine up today. so far so good. im getting used to typing on the touch screen.

it has a milisecond of lag every now and then, but so far so good.

the notification LED is PATHETIC! is there a way to fix it? make it brighter?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was the second one at my VZW store. The girl that had been there a while (I got there 10 minutes before they opened at 9) simply wanted to replace a car charger for another phone, so, I was first in line for a Bionic. Unfortunately, there were some technical issues with the system so it took about an hour, but my salesperson was awesome. She let me do all the account set up myself. She simply made sure the SIM was activated and I was good to go. I had an NE2 upgrade so 30 bucks off for that and another 20 for my corporate discount brought it down to 249.99. I got the standard dock, battery charger with extra battery, silicone case, car dock, and screen protectors for 114 bucks. And I had been saving a 100 dollar rebate I got from a purchase I made last year, so, that was sweet. So far I really really love this phone. I'm backing up the data off my OG Droid now so I can try to restore some of it onto the Bionic. Very happy day. :)

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
My battery was only at 10% when I got it :( I've only been able to play for about an hour. Charging now will play more later :)

iijeriichoii

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing. I was going to get this phone until people started ripping on its internals. Then as I was about to change my mind, I realized I had an OG Droid. 550 Mhz, 1400 mAh battery, and hardly any RAM. This phone has lasted me 2 years, albeit, I rooted it about 4 months ago, and overclocked it.

I realized that, along with many people here, I searched for the best and biggest thing to replace my OG Droid, but then worried about ICS, or the Nexus Prime.

I want ICS, I want a Nexus, but if my Droid can last 2 years, the Bionic I just purchased can survive at least 1 year.

Hello, Bionic. You're so, so, SO, sexy!

debonu

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting in the parking lot at the VZW store and was the second customer in the store when they opened at 9. First one to buy a Bionic from them though! I picked up the extended battery, vehicle mount and a case for it as well.

So far I am loving this phone! :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

boi2kwik4u

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine in the mail. I noticed I didn't get any NE2 discount that everyone keeps mentioning, what exactly is this? Also the HD Dock is orginally $100 I believe but they only charged me 74.99.

snowboard052

May 24, 2011
Visit site
just picked mine up i was only charged 249.99 and im a branch on a family account. also all you guys have to stop activating your phones cause im still waiting for mine to activate cause there is so much congestion haha

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I am standing in front of a corporate Verizon store 30 minutes before they open and it is a goast town. No one in the store and no one else waiting. I was expecting a bit more fanfare.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
2nd in line for mine this morning. VZW opened up an hour early for us! I ended up with the phone, HD dock, and an extra battery (that came with its own charger). I am loving the phone so far. The Pentile thing is there but it is highly over exaggerated. The phone absolutely flies and the new UI is sweet. The HD dock is very nice and comes with a remote control to access everything while the phone is docked. I am loving my new Moto so far! Hello Moto!!! :D

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Got it at the store at 8:40ish. I was the 5th person there. They opened apparently an hour early but not much buzz.

5th person there but 2nd to buy the bionic. The other 3 people either bought the D3 or a Tablet. I was surprised... No big sell or rush at all.

gene1138

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Got mine. Walked in a couple minutes after opening. There were few other people in the store. Besides me I think there was only 1 other guy picking up a Bionic.

So far so good with the Bionic. A nice upgrade from the D1.

easyrun99

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
The VZW corporate store where I purchased mine this AM opened their doors about 8:50am to get started processing orders, so it worked out pretty well. There were only 4 or 5 people in the store for the Bionic and the process went quickly.

beef5stew

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I get excited about getting the Bionic today, but had to wait until Lunch before I could make it to the store. my Company has a B2E relationship with Verizon so i checked the company link and it had the phone for $249...nice. I expect I can get the pricing honored at the store, my account clearly shows my employer. WRONG.

Got to the store, price was $299. PLUS, he informed me it would be an extra $20 because my account wasn't at the full maturation date of the NE2 deal. So he bascially told me, it will cost you $70 more to get it right now. Not happening.

Went back to work, and ordered the phone...in the ordering process is showed that It would be adding a 2 gigabyte data plan for 30 bucks a month... Um, I already have unlimited at 30 bucks a month..my understanding is that I can keep that. So I call.

Verizon rep was very nice, confirmed that I should be able to keep the unlimited data and said I should complete the transaction, and if it changes to call them back. he noted on my account that I called and that I DO have unlimited and the next rep would be able to put me back on my unlimited plan. Cool. So i move to finish up the order.

I also added a Lap dock, they were selling those buggers at $224. that's a steal.

So, I have a phone and a lapdock on the way. Hopefully overnight, but who really knows. Grand total of $474. If I can just figure out how to add wireless tether, this thing is gonna rock.

Beef5Stew