The Official I Got My Bionic Thread

340DartMan

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Got mine about a week ago. Bought it from SAM's Club on line for $150 with two year Verizon contract (added it to my wife's account) and 14 day money back guarantee w/out penalty.

I love it. Took a video of a small town parade and played it on out 55" plasma screen. That is awesome! As soon as you plug in the HDMI to the TV, Gallery comes up full screen same as displayed on the phone. Started the video and was crisp and clear.

Also have the extended battery and cover (bought separately). Looking for a skin that will fit.

lonestar298

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Yippee, I got my Bionic this past Saturday. If the network connection glitch (keeps losing network connection) gets fixed with the promised update, I will be absolutely in love with it. Thats the only neg issue so far :)

D'Bionic

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
This is my 1st motorola phone. The Droid Bionic!! I love this phone is fast and the 4g lte is no joke, Thank God That I have unlimited data.lol. :D

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
:cool: I bought mine on 9/9 and received it on 9/16. Two and a half months later, I am still pleased with the buy. Just wish I got it at a lower price point. The 4G is wicked fast and I can't see myself moving back to a 3G only phone.

sr.torres22

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, finally after a few months of intense debates. I decided to drop my Iphone and "join the darkside" as my friends call it. Honestly, it has been the best move in my life (cellphone related, that is). 4G is super fast, call quality is great, the camera resolution is amazing (just wish the camera would load focus faster ). Over all this is one of the best phones i have ever owned. Can't wait to fully explore it. :cool:

Striker840

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Bionic on Friday, my first Android device and so far I LOVE IT!!!
Just one question, where can I get the extended battery?

A good friend of mine is going to assist me in ummm "enhancing" my phone. Can't freaking wait!!!!

Striker840

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
This is my 1st motorola phone. The Droid Bionic!! I love this phone is fast and the 4g lte is no joke, Thank God That I have unlimited data.lol. :D

Same for me!!!
I had unlimited data on my old phone and when I found out I could keep it on the new one the only hard decision to make was which phone do I get now...:D:D

kleinemaus19

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Got my bionic on Friday.... the speaker was busted when it arrived in the mail but the replacement is on the way. 4GLTE is no joke...dont really care that I dont have unlimited data. Im always on wifi at work and at home(my 2 main places) so I really barely use data from the plan. Kinda bummed I didnt come upon the major issues and the, what seems like, never coming ICS update.... but the phone does what I want it too and I love it. :D

themagicm

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
After complaining to Verizon, I traded in my Droid Charge (POS!!!) for a Bionic. Just rooted... this phone is the best one I've owned. Works great!! Super fast!

Awesome forum also!!

cobb_cruiser

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Bionic now for 2.5 weeks. I love it. The only thing that I liked better on the Charge was the UI - where you could pull down on the status bar and control many features from there, can't seem to do that with the Bionic even with the different apps I've downloaded, at least not easily.

I don't get all the complaints about a grainy or cross-hatched screen. It is cross hatched when you wake it up and the unlock screen comes up, but that's by design. Once the Bionic is up the screen is fabulous. Like others said, very "real" looking colors and I can easily see it even outdoors in the bright noon-day sun.

If you're on the fence, and you need just one more push, I say GO BUY IT. You can at least try it for 14 days and return it if not satisfied. Like others have said, it is super fast: both the processor so apps open quickly, and with 4G/LTE which screams! And the wireless functionality works great from home. This rivals the speed on my laptop. Anyways, just one more satisfied customer...:)

Okay, there might be a rule about not quoting ones-self, but I have to comment on my experience so far. I still love the 4G speed; problem is the Bionic has a hard time keeping a data connection (any connection: 4G,3G,1X). I've had dozens of calls with Customer Service and Tech Support. They tried all sorts of settings, reboots, restores, etc. and then hardware replacements. The replacements started with: (1) new SIM card, (2) replacement Bionic, (3) replacement Bionic; and I still have constant data problems.

On my last call Customer/Tech support call I expressed how extremely frustrated I was with all of this. They offered to replace my Bionic with a Samsung Charge. I said: are you kidding me? That's going backwards! I told them I wasn't interested in a Charge but that this problem had to be fixed. They did note that I had been a loyal and good customer for a dozen years so they said they would talk to a manager and get back to me. Later that day they called and said to choose a phone and they would give me what I wanted. Since I hadn't been considering or looking at other phones I told them I would take a couple of days to research. Well I chose the Rezound based on all the positive comments / reviews. I went to a couple of VZW stores and one rep suggested either the Rezound or the Razr. Another one said his phone of choice was the Rezound. I have read comments about this phone not having the data problems that others are having. I hope I made the right choice.

Sorry about the negative comment, but I wanted to let others know that the Bionic has had constant data problems. I rely on it for some time-sensitive work emails, and sometimes I've gotten followup calls asking why I hadn't acted on the email - and that's when I realize I had no data connectivity. Other times I notice when trying to access the web or the market. But the lack of data connectivity is a constant problem. Again, hoping the Rezound will resolve this issue.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The data issues are fixed for most people that are using the 5.9.901 update. It hasn't been officially pushed yet but it was accidentally pushed to a few phones and was pulled from one of them before they ran the update. I haven't had a single data drop since I manually installed it. I'm on vacation in a 4g area and haven't had a single problem since we got here last Friday. So things are looking up for the bionic.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

cobb_cruiser

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The data issues are fixed for most people that are using the 5.9.901 update. It hasn't been officially pushed yet but it was accidentally pushed to a few phones and was pulled from one of them before they ran the update. I haven't had a single data drop since I manually installed it. I'm on vacation in a 4g area and haven't had a single problem since we got here last Friday. So things are looking up for the bionic.

Ok, I'll bite - how can I manually install the update you reference?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'll bite - how can I manually install the update you reference?

Look for the 901 thread. There is a link in there to the update zip file. (Note it will be called 5.5.893 as that's the version it upgrades from) put it on your sd-ext, boot into stock recovery, and apply it from the SD card.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Look for the 901 thread. There is a link in there to the update zip file. (Note it will be called 5.5.893 as that's the version it upgrades from) put it on your sd-ext, boot into stock recovery, and apply it from the SD card.

Would you mind posting a link. I can't seem to find it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech