Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

AudieMurphy

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm ordering the Bionic now but it wants me to select a new data plan. I thought I could keep my unlimited data plan that I have now with my OG Droid? Anyone else experience this?

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
I'm ordering the Bionic now but it wants me to select a new data plan. I thought I could keep my unlimited data plan that I have now with my OG Droid? Anyone else experience this?

I saw that as well, but do notice the plan it has selected (continue button is still available) is named the same as your current plan. Not sure if the TERMS are the same, but its the same name.

I am going to just talk to someone in person at the store in the a.m. vs accidentally screwing something up on the site.

trudibeth77

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep- I joined here just to ask that question! I had the same experience- it wants me to change to a tiered data plan if I select that hone. It says the unlimited is not supported. I'm wondering if I should call CS in the morning or just order tonight and call tomorrow to see if I can get changed back to the unlimited...

ETA: I'm going ahead and adding it with the "continue" button and if it screws something up with my plan, I'll definitely call CS in the AM!!!

mattg56

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered too.

Coming from the BlackBerry Data plan, I expected it to change the plan. It asked me to select a new plan. My choices were "unlimited..., 2GB, 5GB, 10GB". The unlimited was pre-selected and everything worked as I expected.

Used the FREEOVERNT code for free overnight shipping.

I also got the phone for $249. Not sure if it is a company discount through my work or what. My phone is not the main phone on the account so it was not NE2.

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I would definitely call CS. When I did a couple of days ago, a rep swore that I would be able to keep my unlimited when switching to 4G.

TeeSquar

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Unlimited email and web here ... with my upgrade. All said and done 266.24 with FREE overnight shipping. I'm in and done.

RipTide

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Unlimited as well, but for some reason it isn't applying my discount and is charging me full price :confused: .... Anyone else seeing this?

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Unlimited as well, but for some reason it isn't applying my discount and is charging me full price :confused: .... Anyone else seeing this?

When you click on 'My Device' under 'My Verizon' do you see next to the picture of your current phone that you're eligible for a discount? As long as you're logged in, it should automatically apply.

RipTide

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea it shows I am right now. There is even a tickmark to find the phones that I can buy on my plan, and that put the Bionic at $300. But when I added it to the cart and added everything else I was gonna get, the final cart shows I owe $589.99 for the phone.... Several CS reps said the phone would be around $200 with my discounts, wth?

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Yea it shows I am right now. There is even a tickmark to find the phones that I can buy on my plan, and that put the Bionic at $300. But when I added it to the cart and added everything else I was gonna get, the final cart shows I owe $589.99 for the phone.... Several CS reps said the phone would be around $200 with my discounts, wth?

You may be a prime candidate for just calling CS instead of using the website. lol I love doing the website for 99% of what I ever order, but on a phone, I am going direct to the store and 611 as a backup, but will not be using the website as I want to be able to record the phonecall if I dial 611 to order it. The website expects that I read the terms where as I can hold a rep responsible if they tell me something inaccurate and have it recorded.

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
You may be a prime candidate for just calling CS instead of using the website. lol I love doing the website for 99% of what I ever order, but on a phone, I am going direct to the store and 611 as a backup, but will not be using the website as I want to be able to record the phonecall if I dial 611 to order it. The website expects that I read the terms where as I can hold a rep responsible if they tell me something inaccurate and have it recorded.

Is there an app that you are using to do that?

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Nahh. Just speakerphone on my land line and a digital recorder. Low-tech. haha

EDIT: Guess i shouldn't have said 611... it was just easier than looking up the 800 number equivelant to 611

I wonder if there is an app that does record though! Off to the app section!

RipTide

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Do the phone reps and/or stores honor the discounts I am able to get from online? I'm chatting online with a rep right now, hoping it isn't a bot of some sort :(

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Do the phone reps and/or stores honor the discounts I am able to get from online? I'm chatting online with a rep right now, hoping it isn't a bot of some sort :(

Yea they should! Its tied to your account, not the location. Unless its an online specific discount.

RipTide

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Well they got the price down to $299.99, just trying to get my discounts out of the way now, they are saying different things now. This is so aggravating lol.

Speedy3

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
*******HEADS UP********* If you change the data plan to a tiered one when it says your plan is not compatible, it says that you can't go back to your current unlimited data plan. YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION and not click too fast. It is a subtle way of moving you away from your unlimited data @ $29.99 and into a tiered plan. Kinda slick if you ask me. I just kept clicking next and as long as it didn't give me an error message, I didn't stop clicking.

I have my son's upgrade waiting my cart to be shipped overnight for free to Maryland if my local store (in NC) can't/won't honor the $249.99 plus overnight shipping that online is giving me. I'll purchase his online and have it billed to my account and then make payments with all of my visa gift cards that I have been saving for this phone. I'll just buy mine instore using my $100.00 NE2 with my other gift cards. My appointment is @ 9am.

I was able to play with a live one yesterday for an hour and to me it was worth the wait. The phone is fast!!! Enjoy everyone.

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
*******HEADS UP********* If you change the data plan to a tiered one when it says your plan is not compatible, it says that you can't go back to your current unlimited data plan. YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION and not click too fast. It is a subtle way of moving you away from your unlimited data @ $29.99 and into a tiered plan. Kinda slick if you ask me. I just kept clicking next and as long as it didn't give me an error message, I didn't stop clicking.

I have my son's upgrade waiting my cart to be shipped overnight for free to Maryland if my local store (in NC) can't/won't honor the $249.99 plus overnight shipping that online is giving me. I'll purchase his online and have it billed to my account and then make payments with all of my visa gift cards that I have been saving for this phone. I'll just buy mine instore using my $100.00 NE2 with my other gift cards. My appointment is @ 9am.

I was able to play with a live one yesterday for an hour and to me it was worth the wait. The phone is fast!!! Enjoy everyone.

GF Verizon; thats actually really smart on their part lol.

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
It defaulted to keeping my existing plan when I upgraded last night, and actually said it red lettering something along the lines of "If you change your plan you can not go back to an unlimited plan." It never forced me, or in anyway indicated that changing my plan was necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463