Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    I'm ordering the Bionic now but it wants me to select a new data plan. I thought I could keep my unlimited data plan that I have now with my OG Droid? Anyone else experience this?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by AudieMurphy View Post
    I'm ordering the Bionic now but it wants me to select a new data plan. I thought I could keep my unlimited data plan that I have now with my OG Droid? Anyone else experience this?
    I saw that as well, but do notice the plan it has selected (continue button is still available) is named the same as your current plan. Not sure if the TERMS are the same, but its the same name.

    I am going to just talk to someone in person at the store in the a.m. vs accidentally screwing something up on the site.
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Yep- I joined here just to ask that question! I had the same experience- it wants me to change to a tiered data plan if I select that hone. It says the unlimited is not supported. I'm wondering if I should call CS in the morning or just order tonight and call tomorrow to see if I can get changed back to the unlimited...

    ETA: I'm going ahead and adding it with the "continue" button and if it screws something up with my plan, I'll definitely call CS in the AM!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    I went with the continue as well. Freaked me out for a bit. I think it's fine.
  5. #5  
    mattg56's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    I just ordered too.


    Coming from the BlackBerry Data plan, I expected it to change the plan. It asked me to select a new plan. My choices were "unlimited..., 2GB, 5GB, 10GB". The unlimited was pre-selected and everything worked as I expected.

    Used the FREEOVERNT code for free overnight shipping.

    I also got the phone for $249. Not sure if it is a company discount through my work or what. My phone is not the main phone on the account so it was not NE2.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    I would definitely call CS. When I did a couple of days ago, a rep swore that I would be able to keep my unlimited when switching to 4G.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Unlimited email and web here ... with my upgrade. All said and done 266.24 with FREE overnight shipping. I'm in and done.
  8. #8  
    RipTide's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    ROM
    Evolution + leanKernel

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Unlimited as well, but for some reason it isn't applying my discount and is charging me full price .... Anyone else seeing this?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by RipTide View Post
    Unlimited as well, but for some reason it isn't applying my discount and is charging me full price .... Anyone else seeing this?
    When you click on 'My Device' under 'My Verizon' do you see next to the picture of your current phone that you're eligible for a discount? As long as you're logged in, it should automatically apply.
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
  10. #10  
    RipTide's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    ROM
    Evolution + leanKernel

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Yea it shows I am right now. There is even a tickmark to find the phones that I can buy on my plan, and that put the Bionic at $300. But when I added it to the cart and added everything else I was gonna get, the final cart shows I owe $589.99 for the phone.... Several CS reps said the phone would be around $200 with my discounts, wth?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by RipTide View Post
    Yea it shows I am right now. There is even a tickmark to find the phones that I can buy on my plan, and that put the Bionic at $300. But when I added it to the cart and added everything else I was gonna get, the final cart shows I owe $589.99 for the phone.... Several CS reps said the phone would be around $200 with my discounts, wth?
    You may be a prime candidate for just calling CS instead of using the website. lol I love doing the website for 99% of what I ever order, but on a phone, I am going direct to the store and 611 as a backup, but will not be using the website as I want to be able to record the phonecall if I dial 611 to order it. The website expects that I read the terms where as I can hold a rep responsible if they tell me something inaccurate and have it recorded.
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    You may be a prime candidate for just calling CS instead of using the website. lol I love doing the website for 99% of what I ever order, but on a phone, I am going direct to the store and 611 as a backup, but will not be using the website as I want to be able to record the phonecall if I dial 611 to order it. The website expects that I read the terms where as I can hold a rep responsible if they tell me something inaccurate and have it recorded.
    Is there an app that you are using to do that?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoudel View Post
    Is there an app that you are using to do that?
    Nahh. Just speakerphone on my land line and a digital recorder. Low-tech. haha

    EDIT: Guess i shouldn't have said 611... it was just easier than looking up the 800 number equivelant to 611
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    Nahh. Just speakerphone on my land line and a digital recorder. Low-tech. haha

    EDIT: Guess i shouldn't have said 611... it was just easier than looking up the 800 number equivelant to 611
    I wonder if there is an app that does record though! Off to the app section!
  15. #15  
    RipTide's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    ROM
    Evolution + leanKernel

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Do the phone reps and/or stores honor the discounts I am able to get from online? I'm chatting online with a rep right now, hoping it isn't a bot of some sort
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by RipTide View Post
    Do the phone reps and/or stores honor the discounts I am able to get from online? I'm chatting online with a rep right now, hoping it isn't a bot of some sort
    Yea they should! Its tied to your account, not the location. Unless its an online specific discount.
  17. #17  
    RipTide's Avatar

    Posts
    46 Posts
    ROM
    Evolution + leanKernel

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Well they got the price down to $299.99, just trying to get my discounts out of the way now, they are saying different things now. This is so aggravating lol.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    *******HEADS UP********* If you change the data plan to a tiered one when it says your plan is not compatible, it says that you can't go back to your current unlimited data plan. YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION and not click too fast. It is a subtle way of moving you away from your unlimited data @ $29.99 and into a tiered plan. Kinda slick if you ask me. I just kept clicking next and as long as it didn't give me an error message, I didn't stop clicking.

    I have my son's upgrade waiting my cart to be shipped overnight for free to Maryland if my local store (in NC) can't/won't honor the $249.99 plus overnight shipping that online is giving me. I'll purchase his online and have it billed to my account and then make payments with all of my visa gift cards that I have been saving for this phone. I'll just buy mine instore using my $100.00 NE2 with my other gift cards. My appointment is @ 9am.

    I was able to play with a live one yesterday for an hour and to me it was worth the wait. The phone is fast!!! Enjoy everyone.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy3 View Post
    *******HEADS UP********* If you change the data plan to a tiered one when it says your plan is not compatible, it says that you can't go back to your current unlimited data plan. YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION and not click too fast. It is a subtle way of moving you away from your unlimited data @ $29.99 and into a tiered plan. Kinda slick if you ask me. I just kept clicking next and as long as it didn't give me an error message, I didn't stop clicking.

    I have my son's upgrade waiting my cart to be shipped overnight for free to Maryland if my local store (in NC) can't/won't honor the $249.99 plus overnight shipping that online is giving me. I'll purchase his online and have it billed to my account and then make payments with all of my visa gift cards that I have been saving for this phone. I'll just buy mine instore using my $100.00 NE2 with my other gift cards. My appointment is @ 9am.

    I was able to play with a live one yesterday for an hour and to me it was worth the wait. The phone is fast!!! Enjoy everyone.
    GF Verizon; thats actually really smart on their part lol.
  20. #20  

    Default

    It defaulted to keeping my existing plan when I upgraded last night, and actually said it red lettering something along the lines of "If you change your plan you can not go back to an unlimited plan." It never forced me, or in anyway indicated that changing my plan was necessary.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Heres the email I got when I ordered. I kept my old unlimited data and added the unlimited hotspot. Got a discounted rate as well through my job




    Contract Renewal: 2-year contract
    Due Now
    --------------


    Equipment Upgrade:
    1 Motorola DROID BIONIC $249.99

    Included accessories for Motorola DROID BIONIC:
    Standard Lithium Ion Battery,
    Wall/USB Charger (USB Cable), Preinstalled microSD card,
    Quick reference Guide, Product Safety Warranty Brochure


    Monthly Access
    --------------

    Service Feature(s):
    Mobile Broadband Connect and Mobile Hotspot for 4G LTE
    Smartphones $ 24.00



    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SUMMARY OF CHARGES:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Monthly Savings: $ 6.00

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total recurring monthly access & service charges: $ 23.99

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total one-time charge on your first monthly bill: $ 0.00

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due now: detail of total charges to be billed to credit card

    Shipping: Free
    Subtotal: $249.99
    Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees: $ 17.50
    NJ State Sales Tax* $ 17.50

    Total charges to be billed to credit card: $267.49
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    Quote Originally Posted by SonicJoe View Post
    It defaulted to keeping my existing plan when I upgraded last night, and actually said it red lettering something along the lines of "If you change your plan you can not go back to an unlimited plan." It never forced me, or in anyway indicated that changing my plan was necessary.
    I had the same experience
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    You'll be able to keep the unlimited data. I just got my bionic in exchange for a tbolt and still have my unlimited data.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Keeping unlimited when upgrading from OG Droid

    so they are letting us add the unlimited hotspot? hotness. guess my bill is going up this month =/
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macewank View Post
    so they are letting us add the unlimited hotspot? hotness. guess my bill is going up this month =/
    Ditto. I'll be using the email posted a bit ago as reference if they give me any crap when the store opens

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions