Bionic Screenshots: Share them here!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Show off your homescreens in this thread!

In order to take a screenshot you must:
1) Root your Bionic
2) If you don't want to root your Bionic, or just would like an alternate method, read this great article as a workaround.
3) Programs used to capture screenshot (Root Required): Screenshot, drocap2
4) Please host pictures on a site such as Photobucket or Picasa, and then use the insert image tool above to add them to your post

If you use any cool and/or interesting theme's, homescreen replacements, or widgets, please list them in your post also.

Reactions: tradgiceugene

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Are you guys able to take screenshots without root? Since there's been no replies to this thread, I'm assuming not. In which case I will destick it until you can.

carzaddict

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
im really shocked that 1) theres no native app to take a screenshot 2) theres no app to take a screenshot without root...thats surprising

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Try the Screen Grabber app
It was made by a member of XDA , he made especially for ATRIX (since none of already existing apps worked with it) , it might work for you guys
The best thing about this app, that it doesn't require rooting or hacking , or PC, just install it like a member regular app

Its available in the ATRIX section in XDA developers
Sorry, I don't have the link now (im outside)

I hope it works with you guys

0bytes

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I've tried using the ddms method but the Bionic still doesn't show up for me after installing the USB driver. The Atrix software didn't work for me either.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I should have kept my Storm2...NOT! I am surprised there are no apps for that in Android; Capture It was a great BB app. I'd love to see the Bionic screen shots...come on, Cory, make it happen!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Most of the time you need root access to take pics. That said, there have been a few phones I've owned where shootme worked regardless of that requirements. Has anyone tried Shootme yet?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
a reminder to all you non-rooted folk that you can also use the method through the SDK thats linked in the OP. its a little annoying to get it set up the first time, but once its up, its very easy

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
The procedure for rooting is up and it's super easy.

You just don't have any sort of backup/SBF in case something goes wrong.

Here's my screen.

CFopv.png

Tyyyy

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Root is not needed if you use ShootMe, the download link is in this post here, just click on the attached file and it downloads then install it on your phone by placing it either on your internal storage or your sd card (NOT IN ANY FOLDER) and making sure unknown sources is checked in your settings under applications. Enjoy :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17075465&postcount=6
Guess I should add that once the .apk is on your device in either of those places you use the files shortcut and navigate to the stored .apk and click it and it installs itself. I know many of you know that but just for those who are new to Android and don't want to root!

Last edited:

3base

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Root is not needed if you use ShootMe, the download link is in this post here, just click on the attached file and it downloads then install it on your phone by placing it either on your internal storage or your sd card (NOT IN ANY FOLDER) and making sure unknown sources is checked in your settings under applications. Enjoy :)

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ APP MOD ] ShootMe APK Mirror
Guess I should add that once the .apk is on your device in either of those places you use the files shortcut and navigate to the stored .apk and click it and it installs itself. I know many of you know that but just for those who are new to Android and don't want to root!

Thanks for the link. Worked great! :cool

View attachment 14640

Reactions: Ultr3chT

Seapup

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Just a shot of my home page and my Speed Test results while in a "no 4g coverage area" according to the VZW 4g map with 1 bar of signal strength... still messing around with the layout of the other 6 pages.

Captured by putting the phone in lapdock mode and doing a Ctrl-Alt-A...

cap2011091014010.jpg

cap2011091114570.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge