Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

ROM
    AOKP JB

Default Re: Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera

Quote Originally Posted by jtuscano View Post
    Not too bad of picture quality. My Incredible and Droid Charge had much better picture quality. Still really like the phone regardless.
    Ummm is that some really messed up speakers...or like the cylinders on an engine? I can't really tell but those things are huge.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jtuscano View Post
    Not too bad of picture quality. My Incredible and Droid Charge had much better picture quality. Still really like the phone regardless.

Very nice. What settings did you use?

This photo was taken this evening on my Bionic using "HDR Camera+" from the app store, which is a fabulous app!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-09-18.59.37.jpg  
    dkrocker69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by killerants View Post
    so this 6mp and 8mp option, when you select it and the box is checked it changes to 6mp to match screen. do i want the box checked ??
    I generally use the 6mp option. I like the widescreen look on the phone.

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wpwoodjr View Post
    This photo was taken this evening on my Bionic using "HDR Camera+" from the app store, which is a fabulous app!

that is a badass picture.

just took these
    pdecell likes this.

i honestly think my droid 2 took better pictures

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

I honestly think that my OG droid took better pictures..

Very nice shot!

Smile Re: Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera

Took both my Bionic and my Canon Rebel out today and I thought people might like to see some more images. These are the sorts of things I might take out and about and I think the Bionic's camera really held its own. These are unretouched and taken either with the landscape or scene settings or macro settings.

Here is a Bionic macro shot of a hibiscus:
    Bionic Macro | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and the Canon rendering of the same flower using the standard lens with the macro setting.
    Hibiscus-macro canon | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If you click through to the pics and look at the full size image- the Bionic really does rival the canon in terms of detail, though the Bionic coloring is cooler in color; the Canon is more accurate here.

Here is a set of concrete stairs at the Park I was at. First the Bionic:
    Red rails | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    and the Canon:
    Red lined stairs-canon | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The Canon's colors are more accurate but I actually prefer the Bionic Image which was taken on auto.

By the way I have complained myself about the auto focus and wondered how well it would handle moving subjects like Kids. This is my son who was competing in a foot race. He was not going to hold still for a slow autofocus!
    He's off! Bionic | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Finally, my last shots. A couple of low hanging Osage oranges:
    First the Bionic:
    Osage Orange-Bionic | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    And then the Canon-standard lens on macro setting:
    Osage -Canon | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If you click through to the full sized versions of these in my Flickr stream you'll see that the Bionic in good light can rival my DSLR in capturing detail. I don't know that this is the best phone camera out there in terms of image quality, and it really can't replace a good modern point and shoot, but I am more than pleased with the camera's performance outdoors.

Oh I did play with the Panorama feature-the result is interesting but the images are not full sized. So not a feature that is quite ready for prime time- but it is slick the way it works.
    Thanked by 5:
    wpwoodjr and SmithyJanus07 like this.

At the golf course today with HDR Camera+

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315707267453.jpg  
    Last edited by wpwoodjr; 09-11-2011 at 06:57 PM.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Ar the golf course today with HDR Camera+

Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315707267453.jpg

That's pretty Freaking nice. I honestly like the camera

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by pdecell View Post
    Took both my Bionic and my Canon Rebel out today and I thought people might like to see some more images. These are the sorts of things I might take out and about and I think the Bionic's camera really held its own. These are unretouched and taken either with the landscape or scene settings or macro settings.

and the Canon rendering of the same flower using the standard lens with the macro setting.

If you click through to the pics and look at the full size image- the Bionic really does rival the canon in terms of detail, though the Bionic coloring is cooler in color; the Canon is more accurate here.

and the Canon:

The Canon's colors are more accurate but I actually prefer the Bionic Image which was taken on auto.

By the way I have complained myself about the auto focus and wondered how well it would handle moving subjects like Kids. This is my son who was competing in a foot race. He was not going to hold still for a slow autofocus!

First the Bionic:

If you click through to the full sized versions of these in my Flickr stream you'll see that the Bionic in good light can rival my DSLR in capturing detail. I don't know that this is the best phone camera out there in terms of image quality, and it really can't replace a good modern point and shoot, but I am more than pleased with the camera's performance outdoors.

Oh I did play with the Panorama feature-the result is interesting but the images are not full sized. So not a feature that is quite ready for prime time- but it is slick the way it works.
    How's the image reproduction of this camera vs. The thunderbolts camera?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Burned out school bus captured as we drove by Rt 422 in Pa; nice to have a good camera on you when you see something interesting :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315784675698.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    jroc 

Quote Originally Posted by pdecell View Post

and the Canon:

First the Bionic:

Whoever sees this post and still think the camera is "horrible' "horrific" "SUCKS!!!" or whatever descriptive term thats used for it....I dont know what else to say except everybody's entitled to their opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Whoever sees this post and still think the camera is "horrible' "horrific" "SUCKS!!!" or whatever descriptive term thats used for it....I dont know what else to say except everybody's entitled to their opinion...
    I agree samie or a**le fan boys

Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post
    Agreed! Been really impressed with the camera after upgrading from Iphone 3GS. Couple of pics of my own attached (untouched, downsampled for upload to forum).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-louisville.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-louisville2.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-concert1.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-concert2.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-kfc.jpg  

KoukiFC3S likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwalsh View Post
    Agreed! Been really impressed with the camera after upgrading from Iphone 3GS. Couple of pics of my own attached (untouched, downsampled for upload to forum).
    Were you using the stock camera app or something else to take those pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by mjforte View Post
    Were you using the stock camera app or something else to take those pictures?
    Sorry, should have mentioned. The concert photos were with the stock camera app, the Ohio river pics were with Vignette app. The Vignette app was a touch annoying with the number of clicks needed (plus wanted to take a few quick vids) so flipped back to the stock app for concert. Would use Vignette from now on.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Lol that is a Katy Perry concert isn't it? She played at my school (even though I didn't go to it...I didn't care to) and she wore that striped dress . Anyways, those pictures are some of the best pictures I've seen at a concert, most of the time I can't even see the people performing, and that's people with iPhones too.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    Lol that is a Katy Perry concert isn't it? She played at my school (even though I didn't go to it...I didn't care to) and she wore that striped dress . Anyways, those pictures are some of the best pictures I've seen at a concert, most of the time I can't even see the people performing, and that's people with iPhones too.
    It was! Had a very fun evening last night in Louisville. The google nav + bionic car dock also did a great job getting me there from Illinois too.

Yeah, I was impressed with the pic quality for a concert, I took some pics with my iphone 3GS at a Lady Gaga concert in very similar seats @KFC Yum center earlier this year and it was difficult to identify Gaga (and yes, I have an awful taste in music )

If anyone is interested, the rest of the full size pics are on my Picasa account, with some very short vids (lots of security around me made me nervous to film for too long). I plan to photoshop the pics when I get chance.

Picasa Album
    pdecell likes this.

I've uploaded 4 images taken with my Bionic which show how HDR Camera+ merges one image taken at normal exposure with two other images taken at bracketed higher and lower exposures to produce the final high dynamic range (HDR) image.

The first is the normal exposure, the second is exposed 2 stops higher, the third 2 stops lower, and the fourth is the final merged HDR image.

Even though the people were moving, HDR Camera+ sorted it out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315795318599.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315795330777.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315795343036.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315795357045.jpg  
    Last edited by wpwoodjr; 09-11-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    pdecell likes this.

hm.. odd

Not quite pictures but videos I have done along with a mini review. 1st one is the accessories shot with the Bionic. 2nd is Bionic review shot with the X as comparison.
    Last edited by xjoshuax89; 09-12-2011 at 12:46 AM.

ROM
    AOKP JB

It was! Had a very fun evening last night in Louisville. The google nav + bionic car dock also did a great job getting me there from Illinois too.

Yeah, I was impressed with the pic quality for a concert, I took some pics with my iphone 3GS at a Lady Gaga concert in very similar seats @KFC Yum center earlier this year and it was difficult to identify Gaga (and yes, I have an awful taste in music )

If anyone is interested, the rest of the full size pics are on my Picasa account, with some very short vids (lots of security around me made me nervous to film for too long). I plan to photoshop the pics when I get chance.

Picasa Album
    I was about to say that I have a big falling out with mainstream music. But the photos are what were are talking about, and they look very good. The videos looked pretty good too, but I noticed with some songs with bigger bass usage, the microphone became a bit distorted. But that's just like pretty much any camera, I've used $3000 cameras that still have problems with that.

I've uploaded 4 images taken with my Bionic which show how HDR Camera+ merges one image taken at normal exposure with two other images taken at bracketed higher and lower exposures to produce the final high dynamic range (HDR) image.

The first is the normal exposure, the second is exposed 2 stops higher, the third 2 stops lower, and the fourth is the final merged HDR image.

Even though the people were moving, HDR Camera+ sorted it out.

Good to see that a phone can take good HDR photos. I love HDR photos, and I'm surprised to see how good they look.

Taken this morning with the standard 6MP settingss. It's kind of grainy, but I was moving.

This was taken the other day of a necklace I made, same standard settings and 6MP. Light overhead. The detail this camera picks up is amazing.
    Droid Bionic User. I'm ready to take over all machines now....
    wpwoodjr likes this.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast