Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Default Re: Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera

wasn't even really paying attention to settings, panoramic from my deck first image taken panoramic stock camera settings.

a moment earlier 8mp stock camera
    jroc and pdecell like this.

A lot of these pics look good but the problem with the camera isn't so much the quality of the photo's, its the performance. The AF and shutter speed are slow. These pics are of scenery which it's real easy to capture quality scenery photos. Try taking pictures of an 11 month old. The Bionic camera makes it much more difficult than some others who have very fast AF and shutter speed, most notable the iPhone 4.
    oresteez likes this.

I was wanting to ask, does the Bionic still use the mechanical camera shutter? In my opinion this was one of Motorola's cameras downfalls. There is a number of good and bad shots but from my opinion lighting is a must with Motorola camera because the flash never was good enough.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    A lot of these pics look good but the problem with the camera isn't so much the quality of the photo's, its the performance. The AF and shutter speed are slow. These pics are of scenery which it's real easy to capture quality scenery photos. Try taking pictures of an 11 month old. The Bionic camera makes it much more difficult than some others who have very fast AF and shutter speed, most notable the iPhone 4.
    You could try multi-shot mode. It takes 6 pictures in rapid succession.

In single shot mode the camera is decently quick for a point and shoot. It is 2 secs from pressing the shutter to ready for next shot.
    jroc likes this.

Here are a couple of the images i snapped from the Iowa -Iowa State Game Saturday.. Go State!

Thanked by:
    jroc 
    pdecell likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    Flood waters here in Central PA...
    Attachment 14573

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Thanks for posting that, I've been wondering how Dockside looked as I never got a chance to make it out there during the flooding. I'm about 5 min from there.

All of those HDR+ shots look amazing. I can't wait to get mine in a few days.
    Last edited by xxLiquidX; 09-12-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Took this pic at 6mp setting with HDR+.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Neofite...eat=directlink
    Last edited by Neofite; 09-12-2011 at 10:17 PM.
    jroc likes this.

I have been playing around with stock, vignette and Camera Zoom FX apps. The paid apps offer significant improvements in image quality over the stock app, particularly in low light. I took these photos using default settings but with flash on auto and steady shot on in all apps.

Vignette vs. Camera Zoom FX look pretty similar, I would say that Vignette looks sharper whereas Camera Zoom FX has richer colors. Feel free to check out the Picasa album, would be interested to see which app people prefer. Think I will be going with Vignette in future for non-HDR photos.

Picassa album

The HDR photos look really great, been using HDR+ but it won't let me set the gallery app as the default gallery without the gallery app crashing when starting up (am I missing something?)
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by mjwalsh View Post
    The HDR photos look really great, been using HDR+ but it won't let me set the gallery app as the default gallery without the gallery app crashing when starting up (am I missing something?)
    I reported the gallery app crashing as a bug to the HDR+ support team. Then I downloaded a much better app for gallery viewing called QuickPic which works great.

Last edited by wpwoodjr; 09-12-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neofite View Post
    Took this pic at 6mp setting with HDR+.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink
    Link is broken

I have been playing around with stock, vignette and Camera Zoom FX apps. The paid apps offer significant improvements in image quality over the stock app, particularly in low light. I took these photos using default settings but with flash on auto and steady shot on in all apps.

Vignette vs. Camera Zoom FX look pretty similar, I would say that Vignette looks sharper whereas Camera Zoom FX has richer colors. Feel free to check out the Picasa album, would be interested to see which app people prefer. Think I will be going with Vignette in future for non-HDR photos.

Picassa album
    I'm not seeing a consistent difference that would lead me to choose one app over the other in these shots. Why do you like Vignette the best?

Quote Originally Posted by wpwoodjr View Post
    I reported the gallery app crashing as a bug to the HDR+ support team. Then I downloaded a much better app for gallery viewing called QuickPic which works great.

Awesome, thanks for the Quickpic app suggestion. Works great and I agree is better than the stock gallery. Cheers.

I'm not seeing a consistent difference that would lead me to choose one app over the other in these shots. Why do you like Vignette the best?
    Yeah, I agree they are not overly different. I think the Vignette pics are in general a little bit sharper than the Camera Zoom FX pics and a bit lighter. I do think the color is better in Camera Zoom FX though...

Not sure yet....

Yeah, I agree they are not overly different. I think the Vignette pics are in general a little bit sharper than the Camera Zoom FX pics and a bit lighter. I do think the color is better in Camera Zoom FX though...

Not sure yet....
    What about the stock app? I think I liked Vignette better than Camera Zoom FX but I liked the stock app too.

ROM
    AOKP JB

What about the stock app? I think I liked Vignette better than Camera Zoom FX but I liked the stock app too.
    Take a macro shot of something with a lot of color, but in low light. See how that works.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

Stock camera app,Auto setting , no zoom

Last edited by jammasterkx2; 09-13-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Would like to see pictures taken at night time... or very dark lighting...
    Droid X wasn't crystal in the dark; there were always what looked like blotches or snow...

i would like to see if motorola has corrected this...

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    Take a macro shot of something with a lot of color, but in low light. See how that works.
    Ok this image is from the stock camera app in low light.

In real life my desk actually does look like it has hairs embedded in it so that's not the camera lol.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315930114605.jpg  
    Last edited by wpwoodjr; 09-14-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    cjsmoove likes this.
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Here is a panorama taken from my front yard. The sun was still pretty low in the sky so it's probably a little washed out because of that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-13_10-57-37_860.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by BasPilot View Post
    Here is a panorama taken from my front yard. The sun was still pretty low in the sky so it's probably a little washed out because of that.
    Morning and evening are usually considered great times to take pictures because the shadows are longer. It's during midday that everything gets washed out looking.

Here is one of my week old puppies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-12_14-52-34_59.jpg  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Here's a couple quick shots I took.

First one is stock camera, second is HDR Camera+.

Havent really adjusted the setting in either camera yet, so I am sure both could be much better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-13_15-23-33_867.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-13-15.24.05.jpg  
    wpwoodjr likes this.

The odd thing is that there aren't hardley ay camera settings. I download camera FX app and it does make the pictures a little better. Phone does focus a little faster than stock.

Taken with HDR Camera+

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1316023118278.jpg  
    Insidian likes this.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Taken with HDR Camera+

Thats a great pic. Would you mind sharing youre settings?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast