Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Carrier
    AOKP JB

Default Re: Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera

Took a couple pictures the past couple days, I'll post some good ones. There's one of two of my friends being weirdos that was pretty good. I took one with a good 50% or so zoom of my friend who was playing the guitar and a huge group of girls just showed up lol. There was one I'm particularly proud of at Golf N Stuff that I shot of a waterfall during twilight, it looked really really good for such low light. And then some random pictures of my friend's duck stuffed animal things with shades on lol. In all, the camera is really good, and even had some okay shots when it was completely dark outside...it takes a little while to focus, but I've noticed if I move the square around the screen to focus, it works very well. And yes, these were all shot on the stock camera.
    wpwoodjr likes this.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Carrier
    stock so far

very nice!

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something ICSy on 902

Quote Originally Posted by Insidian View Post
    Here's a couple quick shots I took.

First one is stock camera, second is HDR Camera+.

Havent really adjusted the setting in either camera yet, so I am sure both could be much better.

Hey quick question, HDR looks like a very cool app - what's the difference betw the free and the paid version?

I noticed that when I upload pics to FB for example, using the social app integrated in the phone, i'm always uploading low res copies.. if i upload the same file using the FB app option in the sharing menu, its uploading at full size... I can't find any settings to change this using the native app baked into the phone.

Has anyone else found this setting? Can it even be changed? Surely i'm just missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by LDubs View Post
    Hey quick question, HDR looks like a very cool app - what's the difference betw the free and the paid version?
    I don't know actually. I like to support developers so I often just buy the app.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This is an HDR Image the first one i took.

Carrier
    given up keeping track

Quote Originally Posted by KillerG View Post
    ...I took one with a good 50% or so zoom of my friend who was playing the guitar and a huge group of girls just showed up lol.
    Lol, that's how it seems to go, the girls always gravitate to either the lead singer or the guitarist.

Where's the love for us drummers?

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

My shrimp tank

Went hiking last weekend. Pretty stock settings.

Global Posts
    1,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Something ICSy on 902

Here's a few random shots. The one of the coffee cup was taken with the stock camera, macro mode. The other 2 were taken with HDR (which I like a lot).

What are folks using for pix needing quick shutter speed (i.e. kids, pets, etc)?

I've had nothing but horrible pictures with this device.

These were all taken with the stock camera and stock applications.

Attachment 15269

Attachment 15270

Attachment 15271
    wpwoodjr likes this.

That haze over your images is probably being caused by glare on your lens. If you'll use your hand to shield the light from your lens (like a lens hood), everything will probably look much clearer and more saturated. Also, I guess your lens could be dirty.

Here is a macro taken with my Bionic. This is the sort of thing I would normally use my SLR and macro lens to take but this week I am eschewing my SLR for the Bionic for the challenge. So here is a little Petunia bloom. The bloom was is dabbled shade and would be difficult to get a balanced shot even with my SLR. The Bionic did reasonably well here:

By itself | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,891 Global Posts

Stock camera:

Pano app:

I used my droid bionic to take these pictures vs. my canon power shot. The pictures labeled 1 , 3 , and 5 are with the Canon and the pictures 2 , 4 , and 6 are with the bionic. The stock camera has issues with the auto focus so I used an app called Camera360 Ultimate and as you can see , they look great in my opinion.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Sorry for the bonehead question, but how do I post a picture. Got a couple of good ones I took with the bionic but I don't know how to get them up here.

I got it figured out. Here are a few...

The first was taken with the free HDR at about 30 minutes before sundown, the second was the native camera and the third (wife and I) with Vignette.
    wpwoodjr likes this.

Snapped this with HDR Camera+ while out running.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Carrier
    AOKP JB

I'm amazed at the brightness of the flash! I shot this picture of my friend who we shoved in a box in a pitch black room, the only light in the room was the quick flash when the picture was taken.

Here are just a couple of shots from this weekend. The first one is of some orange berries taken with stock UI using the macro setting:

Berries | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The second is one of a number of shots taken with HDR Camera+ I really like what HDR can do in terms of textures so most of my shooting is using the B/W setting.

Fall Woods | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here is one more with HDR, this time with the saturated color setting:

Sumac | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

These print up great as 8 x 10 prints on my Epson 1400. I probably could go larger but as they are I would match them up against many SLR shots.

There are more on my flickr stream in my Bionic test folder at
    Droid Bionic Test Photos - a set on Flickr
    wpwoodjr likes this.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,616 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Dining room

Sent from my DROID BIONIC Moosc Edition! using Tapatalk

What's most interesting is the varying quality of the images in this thread. Clearly, the Bionic camera is capable of taking a great picture, but you have to spend some time playing with it to get the best from it. The two biggest problems are a dirty lens (wipe it off before taking a picture) and glare from your light source causing a fogged like appearance on an image (use your hand to shield the lens, like a lens hood would do).
    cjsmoove likes this.

Here are three I took - the first two were on a kayak trip in DC, through an Aquapac waterproof (and floatable!) case:

And this one was taken in my backyard:

pdecell and KoukiFC3S like this.

Grey,

I agree from the light. If you have an overhead light source-the Bionic is going to pick it up. As for the smudging issue-I keep my phone in its Otterbox-that has the effect of recessing the camera so I am less likely to smudge the lens. But I still manage to do that from time to time. The Otterbox also helps some with the overhead light issue but a shade would be nice.

If you just use, say the auto setting, you are going to be disappointed - you have to spend time learning the camera's limitations and and strengths.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast