Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera

pdecell

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Here are just a couple of shots from this weekend. The first one is of some orange berries taken with stock UI using the macro setting:

Berries | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The second is one of a number of shots taken with HDR Camera+ I really like what HDR can do in terms of textures so most of my shooting is using the B/W setting.

Fall Woods | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here is one more with HDR, this time with the saturated color setting:

Sumac | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

These print up great as 8 x 10 prints on my Epson 1400. I probably could go larger but as they are I would match them up against many SLR shots.

There are more on my flickr stream in my Bionic test folder at
Droid Bionic Test Photos - a set on Flickr
:cool:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Dining room
a6f968c2-ca60-c316.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC Moosc Edition! using Tapatalk

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What's most interesting is the varying quality of the images in this thread. Clearly, the Bionic camera is capable of taking a great picture, but you have to spend some time playing with it to get the best from it. The two biggest problems are a dirty lens (wipe it off before taking a picture) and glare from your light source causing a fogged like appearance on an image (use your hand to shield the lens, like a lens hood would do).

Reactions: cjsmoove

VBGlacier

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Here are three I took - the first two were on a kayak trip in DC, through an Aquapac waterproof (and floatable!) case:

fdd89f98-e2d6-475a-8af9-84d0c8419207.jpg

559c67c9-e92f-4373-ae23-6a13bf705f95.jpg

And this one was taken in my backyard:

ad41618d-e230-495f-9be5-a60b83bdec2d.jpg

pdecell

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Grey,

I agree from the light. If you have an overhead light source-the Bionic is going to pick it up. As for the smudging issue-I keep my phone in its Otterbox-that has the effect of recessing the camera so I am less likely to smudge the lens. But I still manage to do that from time to time. The Otterbox also helps some with the overhead light issue but a shade would be nice. :D

If you just use, say the auto setting, you are going to be disappointed - you have to spend time learning the camera's limitations and and strengths. :cool:

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
haha thats awesome, what the hell is all over it? and a run that involves drinking beer? sounds fun.

its covered in many runs worth of flour, we use the flour for marking our trail.

I run with a group called the hash house harriers Hash House Harriers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you like the sound of it Let me know and I can help you find a local Kennel, it really is tons of fun!

normally our runs dont involve the stroller, but we have recently started doing a "pickup hash" a few times a week.

The way the pickup hashes work is:

We meet at a bar, everyone with a 6pack.
We load the stroller up with the Beer, and five, 2 pound bags of flour.
We then draw straws to see who will hare(lead) the first leg of the run.
The person takes off pushing the stroller and throwing handfuls of flour on the ground.
we wait 5 minutes, and then pursue.
The Hare goes until someone catches him or his 2 pounds of flour runs out.
At that point we stop, have a beer, if the hare was caught, the person who caught him becomes the new hare, if he ran out of flour, we draw straws again.

Repeat untill down to the last bag of flour, then that person has to get us back to the bar, or as close as possible

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
its covered in many runs worth of flour, we use the flour for marking our trail.

I run with a group called the hash house harriers Hash House Harriers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you like the sound of it Let me know and I can help you find a local Kennel, it really is tons of fun!

normally our runs dont involve the stroller, but we have recently started doing a "pickup hash" a few times a week.

The way the pickup hashes work is:

We meet at a bar, everyone with a 6pack.
We load the stroller up with the Beer, and five, 2 pound bags of flour.
We then draw straws to see who will hare(lead) the first leg of the run.
The person takes off pushing the stroller and throwing handfuls of flour on the ground.
we wait 5 minutes, and then pursue.
The Hare goes until someone catches him or his 2 pounds of flour runs out.
At that point we stop, have a beer, if the hare was caught, the person who caught him becomes the new hare, if he ran out of flour, we draw straws again.

Repeat untill down to the last bag of flour, then that person has to get us back to the bar, or as close as possible

Sounds like a blast, would absolutely be interested in finding a local kennel.

mjwalsh

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Here are some more pics, mix of using HDR+ and Vignette, plus a little bit of tweaking with Picnik and to me they look pretty darn good for a camera phone. Agree with other comments about cleaning camera lens and shielding from sun. (Downscaled for forum upload)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma