Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have been playing around with stock, vignette and Camera Zoom FX apps. The paid apps offer significant improvements in image quality over the stock app, particularly in low light. I took these photos using default settings but with flash on auto and steady shot on in all apps.

Vignette vs. Camera Zoom FX look pretty similar, I would say that Vignette looks sharper whereas Camera Zoom FX has richer colors. Feel free to check out the Picasa album, would be interested to see which app people prefer. Think I will be going with Vignette in future for non-HDR photos.

Picassa album

I'm not seeing a consistent difference that would lead me to choose one app over the other in these shots. Why do you like Vignette the best?

mjwalsh

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I reported the gallery app crashing as a bug to the HDR+ support team. Then I downloaded a much better app for gallery viewing called QuickPic which works great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for the Quickpic app suggestion. Works great and I agree is better than the stock gallery. Cheers.

mjwalsh

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not seeing a consistent difference that would lead me to choose one app over the other in these shots. Why do you like Vignette the best?
Yeah, I agree they are not overly different. I think the Vignette pics are in general a little bit sharper than the Camera Zoom FX pics and a bit lighter. I do think the color is better in Camera Zoom FX though...

Not sure yet....

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I agree they are not overly different. I think the Vignette pics are in general a little bit sharper than the Camera Zoom FX pics and a bit lighter. I do think the color is better in Camera Zoom FX though...

Not sure yet....

What about the stock app? I think I liked Vignette better than Camera Zoom FX but I liked the stock app too.

jammasterkx2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Stock camera app,Auto setting , no zoom
476b56ed.jpg

42958a47.jpg

Last edited:

fallacies

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Would like to see pictures taken at night time... or very dark lighting...
Droid X wasn't crystal in the dark; there were always what looked like blotches or snow...

i would like to see if motorola has corrected this...

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Take a macro shot of something with a lot of color, but in low light. See how that works.

Ok this image is from the stock camera app in low light.

attachment.php

In real life my desk actually does look like it has hairs embedded in it so that's not the camera lol.

Last edited:

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Here is a panorama taken from my front yard. The sun was still pretty low in the sky so it's probably a little washed out because of that.

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Here is a panorama taken from my front yard. The sun was still pretty low in the sky so it's probably a little washed out because of that.

Morning and evening are usually considered great times to take pictures because the shadows are longer. It's during midday that everything gets washed out looking.

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Here's a couple quick shots I took.

First one is stock camera, second is HDR Camera+.

Havent really adjusted the setting in either camera yet, so I am sure both could be much better.

loonie01

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
The odd thing is that there aren't hardley ay camera settings. I download camera FX app and it does make the pictures a little better. Phone does focus a little faster than stock.

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Thats a great pic. Would you mind sharing youre settings?

I used HDR Camera+ in the Android market. 6 mp setting; I think it defaults to 5mp so go into settings and put it to 6mp. Also, download QuickPic for viewing the images you take with HDR Camera+ because the default Gallery crashes. QuickPic is much better anyway. The new Moto gallery app is ludicrously bad.

Insidian

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
I used HDR Camera+ in the Android market. 6 mp setting; I think it defaults to 5mp so go into settings and put it to 6mp. Also, download QuickPic for viewing the images you take with HDR Camera+ because the default Gallery crashes. QuickPic is much better anyway. The new Moto gallery app is ludicrously bad.

I've got it set to 8mp. Did you change any of the exposure, contrast, or capture speed settings?

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
a6f80a65-0416-aaa8.jpg

Jets vs. Cowboys MetLife Stadium

Sent from my Droid Bionic
Doesn't look that bad, especially for a panorama shot. I've increasingly seen more people being able to work the camera a little better. Maybe just getting used it it? Idk...I'm going to get Vignette and HDR+ to test those out (tomorrow if Costco has stock...but I'll go to Verizon if they don't)

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I've got it set to 8mp. Did you change any of the exposure, contrast, or capture speed settings?

No, pretty much standard on the other settings except - use "Slow mode 1" capture! "Fast" does not work on the Bionic.

There's a bug where the 8mp setting isn't "sticky" and reverts to the 5mp setting.

I like the 6mp setting because it's widescreen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox