Like Tree63Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Talking Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera

Show off your Bionic camera - show off your photography skills. Post em here!

Also, if you have any tips/tricks you used to take great photo's, we're all ears

Default Re: Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera

Pic uploaded on flickr. Gloomy day here, so colors aren't amazing. It's not horrible, but still a cell phone camera.

N.

Looks like a nice picture to me! Lots of detail on that peach and wood and good camera focus.
    KillerG likes this.

The shopping list exausted $505.00 later

Oh and this was taken with my Bionic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-08_11-51-51_79.jpg  
    I'd bet Cory's Right Arm on that!

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazen View Post
    The shopping list exausted $505.00 later

Oh and this was taken with my Bionic.
    In what looks like terrible lighting, the pictures are definitely less grainy than what I'm used to on my OG Droid. Good stuff.

No skill here just a quick point and shoot of my dog outside. I figure this is how most of my pictures will be taken.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-h.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by irl Panda View Post
    In what looks like terrible lighting, the pictures are definitely less grainy than what I'm used to on my OG Droid. Good stuff.
    it was. No overhead lighting, just ambient from blinded windows. Was impressed

Seems obvious, but make sure you go into the camera settings and set it to 8MP. It defaults to 6MP for some reason concerning the screen (at least that's what it says).
    Thanked by:
    JennRN 

I just noticed that after you said it....weird

Quote Originally Posted by davidmyers View Post
    Seems obvious, but make sure you go into the camera settings and set it to 8MP. It defaults to 6MP for some reason concerning the screen (at least that's what it says).
    On that note, it looks like the video is 720...I thought it was 1080...but then again I'm a total newbie and probably don't know what I'm talking about.
    Thanked by:

The video defaults to 720p, but you can set it to 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by engineer968 View Post
    The video defaults to 720p, but you can set it to 1080p.
    Ok, thanks. I hoped this was the case but did not see 1080 listed as one of the setting choices.

ROM
    AOKP JB

That peach shot looked amazing for a camera phone...Almost like I shot it on a real camera. Got to love the 8MP resolution, it really brings out a lot of detail when you get really close.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.

Quote Originally Posted by NGoins View Post

Pic uploaded on flickr. Gloomy day here, so colors aren't amazing. It's not horrible, but still a cell phone camera.

N.
    I thought it looked really good. I was shocked on the detail it had. I would like to see that same shot on an infinity zoom if ithe bionic has it.
    Droid Bionic
    Dont drink the I-Kool-Aid!
    Stop the handset locking I bought it and I will use it as I please.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

The sensor they used seems to rival the thunderbolts sensor. Kudos to the bionic

so this 6mp and 8mp option, when you select it and the box is checked it changes to 6mp to match screen. do i want the box checked ??
    Thanked by:

If you set it to 8mb, the toggle box will not be checked. It's not obvious UI.

2011-09-09_09-11-36_266.jpg (505.4 KB) 8MP without Flash
    2011-09-09_09-12-03_418.jpg (596.5 KB) 6MP Widescreen without Flash
    2011-09-09_09-12-16_606.jpg (835.4 KB) 8MP with Flash
    2011-09-09_09-12-27_238.jpg (645.8 KB) 6MP Widescreen with Flash
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-09_09-11-36_266.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-09_09-12-03_418.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-09_09-12-16_606.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-09_09-12-27_238.jpg  

Here is a flower with the macro setting (note the bee in the flower):

And a quick shot using the macro setting along with what I assume is a digital zoom. Not DSLR quality but not too bad. The focus is laggy but not a deal breaker.

Finally a couple of comparison shots-first my trusty Droid Eris with its 5mp camera:

And the same scene with my Bionic:

Both these shots are on the respective camera's auto settings (flash off on the Bionic)
    The Bionic tends to be more blue the Eris more red. To my eye the room is in between these two colorwise. Also the Bionic image seems less clear but I think that is a contrast issue and possibly an issue related to how the two cameras process the image. I've noticed that my Eris and the other HTC cameras I have worked with seem to use a processing program that emphasizes edges: not so with the Bionic.

I am going to take more comparison pictures this weekend and will set up a folder on my flickr site-two phones plus my Canon Rebel.

As an aside I wish I could have more control over things like ISO, saturation, color balance etc while I am taking the picture-seems the Thunderbolt has a better controls over its camera.
    sndplace likes this.
    TheSickAndTwisted

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    ROM
    EOS 4 (forever)

Quote Originally Posted by Imburr View Post
    2011-09-09_09-11-36_266.jpg (505.4 KB) 8MP without Flash
    2011-09-09_09-12-03_418.jpg (596.5 KB) 6MP Widescreen without Flash
    2011-09-09_09-12-16_606.jpg (835.4 KB) 8MP with Flash
    2011-09-09_09-12-27_238.jpg (645.8 KB) 6MP Widescreen with Flash
    This guy's a gamer... look at his WASD keys, hey are totally worn out. I like it.
    pwninobrlan and killerants like this.

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP 25/Imoseyon lean 2.2

Flood waters here in Central PA...
    Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-uploadfromtaptalk1315599276889.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

My baby finally gets some love after being exposed to 3 megapixels for too long. took it with a sandwich and a drink in my hands while walking out of work, so it's not the highest quality shot or anything but shrug.

edit:
    added a pic of my other baby eating her foot.. and I threw in a macro shot just seeing how it looks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-09_13-57-08_468.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-09_14-38-58_137.jpg   Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-09_15-12-31_523.jpg  
    Last edited by Ixath; 09-09-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Wow, looking at the pictures in this post, Motorola camera is not good at all. Bad picture quality.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - HTC Droid Incredible - HTC Thunderbolt - Asus Transformer TF101-B1 with dock - Nook Color - Logitech Revue.

Not too bad of picture quality. My Incredible and Droid Charge had much better picture quality. Still really like the phone regardless.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Pictures Taken With the Bionic Camera-2011-09-09_15-44-19_780.jpg  
    pdecell likes this.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast