hey everyone just got mine a bit ago and testing things out to see how it works compared to my D1 (besides much faster). I had the headphone jack problem on my D1, so that was one of the first things i tested out and i noticed that pushing the jack to the right even slightly would kill audio out of the headphones and switch to speaker. This is an issue for me since i often listen to music at work and don't want the room to hear it if i accidentally hit the phone. Could someone else check this out if they have headphones around to make sure its not an issue with my headset or phone.
    09-08-2011 10:04 AM
    hey everyone just got mine a bit ago and testing things out to see how it works compared to my D1 (besides much faster). I had the headphone jack problem on my D1, so that was one of the first things i tested out and i noticed that pushing the jack to the right even slightly would kill audio out of the headphones and switch to speaker. This is an issue for me since i often listen to music at work and don't want the room to hear it if i accidentally hit the phone. Could someone else check this out if they have headphones around to make sure its not an issue with my headset or phone.
    Bworley checked it a few days ago and didn't seem to have a problem with it. Try a different headset.
    09-08-2011 10:16 AM
    Bworley checked it a few days ago and didn't seem to have a problem with it. Try a different headset.
    same happens when i use the one in my car... wonder if something is up with mine because pressing it left causes no issues, only right. Part of the issue is my player doesn't pause when the headset is unplugged so it doesn't do switch to speakers if i use the stock music app. But its still annoying as if it happens a few times it will get confused and not play audio at all lol.
    09-08-2011 10:29 AM
    I'm having major problems with my headphone jack. So much so that I'll be returning the Bionic for a new one. I've tried 4 different cables, including the one that comes with the car mount, and they work only about 50% of the time.
    09-12-2011 07:25 AM
    I'm using Pandora radio with my Phillips headphones right now at work and I just moved the jack around. I didn't have a problem moving it. Maybe try a different pair of headphones??
    09-12-2011 07:36 AM
    No problem here. Using newest beats by Dre ear buds.
    09-12-2011 08:21 AM
    No problems here. Had the issue develop after 6 months onmy OG Droids. Am actually going to try to use BT more often so doesn't get too lose. Seems to be an issue with all mobile phones in MHO
    09-12-2011 09:13 AM
    I'm also having a problem, it has a lot of static in the background. I called verizon and they noted the account and sent me to a service center to exchange for another Bionic. I hope the problem is fixed.
    09-16-2011 08:08 PM
    Sort of on-topic: I hate the fact that the notification sounds will play through the headphones AND the phone speaker when listening to music or something. My old phones would just play it through the headphones, but not the Bionic.
    09-16-2011 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD