Replaced OG Droid with Bionic. 3G still active on Droid!?

calla969

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up my Bionic this morning at a corporate store. I kept the same plan and same phone number and everything. About 45 minutes after leaving the store, I got an email notification on my OG Droid that should be disconnected. My 3G is still functioning on my old phone. I have been uploading files to Dropbox and everything using 3G. What is up with that? I'm afraid to turn it off now. If 3G continues to work on this phone that would be awesome. Has anyone else experienced this? It has now been a couple hours and it is still working. Haven't tried to make a call on it, but it is not receiving calls. Don't want to mess with it too much for fear of losing 3G.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up my Bionic this morning at a corporate store. I kept the same plan and same phone number and everything. About 45 minutes after leaving the store, I got an email notification on my OG Droid that should be disconnected. My 3G is still functioning on my old phone. I have been uploading files to Dropbox and everything using 3G. What is up with that? I'm afraid to turn it off now. If 3G continues to work on this phone that would be awesome. Has anyone else experienced this? It has now been a couple hours and it is still working. Haven't tried to make a call on it, but it is not receiving calls. Don't want to mess with it too much for fear of losing 3G.
Just turn it off

mrdetermine

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happened to me with my OG on the 8th after purchasing the Bionic. I was never able to make any more calls on my OG but the 3g data was working all day. It stopped the next day.