FM Radio not on phone

jax_droid

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
WAsnt sure if the Bionic was going to have it- multiple reports said it would. Well it's not there in the app tray but if watch the help videos that are on the phone itself, it shows FM radio as part of it. So, the instructional videos that are shown must not be the bionic, right?

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
in the bworley "My Bionic" Thread it was stated that Bionic has the functionality, just needs an "app". Someone posted an FM radio .apk , bworley said he downloaded and installed it and it worked and gave hime FM radio functionality on his Bionic. Just try searching that thread - if you have any problems finding it let me know - I downloaded the .apk when it was posted, although I haven't tried it yet.

Reactions: jax_droid and jroc

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
in the bworley "My Bionic" Thread it was stated that Bionic has the functionality, just needs an "app". Someone posted an FM radio .apk , bworley said he downloaded and installed it and it worked and gave hime FM radio functionality on his Bionic. Just try searching that thread - if you have any problems finding it let me know - I downloaded the .apk when it was posted, although I haven't tried it yet.

Here it is guys, I looked too :)

FMRadio.apk

UPDATED URL: http://www.chevynovaln.com/files/APK/FMRadio.apk
( Looks like Mediafire.com pulled the file due to 'violation'. Ok then... well, here's my copy i'll host unless i'm told to stop as well.)

It does work, though it has a requirement that you have a headphone jack (or speaker, etc..) plugged into the jack on the top of the phone for it to even launch the app. I had an old cable that I didn't need so I cut it just past the jack and used that and the FM Radio app pulls up and will play audio via the rear speaker if you tell it to. You will NOT be able to use bluetooth headphones with it, however, due to having the headphone jack in use. It always takes precedence. So if you have a set of wired headphones or want it to play via 'speakerphone', it works great :)

I can host the file on my site too if anyone has trouble with mediafire, but I will not do that unless you've at LEAST tried getting it there first.

Last edited:

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
What is FM radio?

Its literally an FM Radio... yanno.. like the one on the 'radio' in your car? :) Unless you listen to AM Radio.... but FM is most likely it. hehe

Ok... in all seriousness. This is pretty cool. Install the app and plug some headphones in before you launch it. you can get your favorite radio station 'over the air', its not something that uses data, etc.... its just plain 'ol radio waves.

EDIT: I'm 'fairly' sure it doesn't use any data. I put my phone in Airplane Mode and then it told me i had to take it out of airplane mode to use FM Radio. Odd.

Last edited:

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Works......... LIKE A CHAMP! Thanks for the apk.

One thing I did notice is it does not like the audio plug on the docks.. Looks like it needs a direct headset connect to the phone for the app to work.

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
bah I wish they would remove the audio jack must have the headphone/earphone w.e. inserted to launch the app. So annoying...

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly what I did using the same type of cable. I just cut 1 end of and it just sticks out of the top of my phone for about an inch

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Eww i didn't cut anything, just left it twisty tied. Left it in the dock listening to my local radio station while cooking dinner and it doesn't bother me having all that hang off. Besides, not trying to win any beauty contests at home and if im at work im headset on anyway LOL.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I can't tell u last time I listened to FM it just sucks. Its satellite radio and internet. And I can use my BT speakers
Its literally an FM Radio... yanno.. like the one on the 'radio' in your car? :) Unless you listen to AM Radio.... but FM is most likely it. hehe

Ok... in all seriousness. This is pretty cool. Install the app and plug some headphones in before you launch it. you can get your favorite radio station 'over the air', its not something that uses data, etc.... its just plain 'ol radio waves.

EDIT: I'm 'fairly' sure it doesn't use any data. I put my phone in Airplane Mode and then it told me i had to take it out of airplane mode to use FM Radio. Odd.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
fyi - i installed this apk on my EVO just for ****s and giggles. as i suspected - it does not work. the HTC FM Radio App looks better anyway.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I headphone is probably required to be plugged in because FM radios require an antenna and it is probably using the headphone cable as the antenna. Are those of you putting a small patch cord in there getting decent reception?

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Just downloaded it and it works great.:)
Why do you suppose Motorola (or Verizon) would have disabled this function after actually putting the hardware in to do it?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance