i know you're not supposed to text and drive but

Status
Not open for further replies.

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
comiing from an OG droid i could txt and drive all the time without even looking at the phone one time.....this phone is impossible with the touch keyboard. Any tips for this keyboard? I dont know if i can deal with touch keyboard after going from a voyager to a droid 1 to this

demarco5

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: i know your not supposed to text and drive but

alright how about we just forget about driving and texting i cant even text anywhere near as fast on this thing lol

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Text in portrait mode. I do it all the time, or on top of the steering wheel so you can still keep an eye on the roadroad

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Wait till the vehicle isn't moving.

also you can use the speech to text capabilities that all(I think) android phones have.

RipTide

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site

Yea the speech to text software is suppose to be pretty good from what I remember. I'm lucky in that the Storm 2 was a touch (click) phone, so I won't have a problem with it.

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a firm believer in not texting while driving. However I am a hypocrite because I do eat, drink etc.. I have texted in the past, and if I absolutely must reply, I call them or use the voice input to where I don't have to touch the phone or look away.

Definitely something I'm trying to get out of the habit of doing in general.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The way I see most people driving on the road, I'm no danger texting while driving. People flat out blow stop signs and red lights now, among other things. People read, eat, put on makeup, listen to the radio, change the station, talk to passengers, etc. If you can be distracted by texting or talking on the phone, you shouldn't be allowed to do any of those things either. Or drive, IMO. I can do all those things safely(other than makeup and reading), and will continue to do so.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

JStrider

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Why decrease your ability to react to the actions of all the other tards driving out there? Driving is already probably the most dangerous thing you do, why make it more dangerous.

Hope you don't get into an accident.

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Dunno what is different but from the Droid X to Droid Bionic I have no problems what so ever. Actually I find it even easier to text on my Bionic than my old Droid X.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I just hope you don't hurt or kill someone else when you get into an accident.

Unlike so many, I can actually multi task. I've been doing it for a long time and have never had any problems. Just because the government tells you something doesn't make it true. Most people get more distracted by the radio than I will by my phone. Maybe they should outlaw them in cars too, lmao.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

My driving record proves differently

It just takes that one time and being distracted. Not to get completely off-topic, but say there was someone that drank and drove on occasions and hadn't ever gotten into an accident and they had the same response as you...

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

............... for now.

We have a saying at work when someone wants to do something questionable. "What ever your career can handle."

In your case its, "If you do the crime, be prepared to do the time."

Good luck with your multi-tasking. :cool:

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

I think it was Car and Driver that did a little test showing the effects of drinking and driving and texting and driving on reaction times and the driver had a slower reaction time while he was texting. There's a reason most states have laws against texting while driving. Up here in Michigan, you can get a ticket for texting even if you're at a stop sign/stop light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow