or 20 dollar if u manage to get a discount code [google around a bit]

and the payment is one time only!

or pay for the pogoplug hardware... new one's coming out on october 1

older 1 is for 50 bucks

Last edited:

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Still looking for a free DVD ripper...Google has let me down...help!

Check the HTPC section of AVSforum. I've used MakeMKV before to rip DVD to .mkv, but I used other tools to rip most of my dvd's to ISO. You can also use Handbrake but you need a separate decrypter.

Anyway, poke around at AVS

Dirk Giggler

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
It didn't work very well the first day I tried it...was connected to the network I was trying to stream from. But tonight I am streaming via 4g outside my network and it works great. I even switched over from 4g to wifi in the middle of a song and it didn't hiccup which i thought was pretty awesome. I think your success will vary depending on the openess of your port and the available bandwidth of the streaming computer.

Im currently streaming audio from a computer that is ~150 miles away!

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Great app to have preintstalled. It even streams well over 3g. I can imagine zumocast really rocks over 4g.

Some of the preinstalled apps are really worth keeping. The stock moto gallery is great for seeing friends online pics, but sucks for on phone pics, unless bionic has a different one from d3.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

badbubba

Banned
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have one complaint with ZumoCast. When using it to play music, it doesn't have any controls on the lock screen like the stock music player. I have to unlock the screen to control it. Am I missing something, because I would love to use it as my main music player?

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
My Bionic says this app isn't there now and then. Is there something I'm missing? Also I can dl music but can't see my pics..why?

keithmurry1972

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
ZumoCast IS great, iTunes is a piece of sh!t. All the music I have in iTunes can't be played in ZumoCast because it is DRM protected. Its my music and it is basically being played from iTunes, just streamed to MY phone. I am not even sharing it with anyone else. This is another reason why I absolutely despise Apple and their environement!
lol...well your the goofball for having an itune account. why pay for music if you dont have to. lmao

keithmurry1972

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
i am a truck driver and i use the zumocast all the time. all my movies and music on my pc are easily accessable with my droid no matter what state im in. i love it! works awesome for me. i just hook up the hdmi cable to my flat screen in my semi and watch my movies wirelessly. thank you zumocast!!!!!!

darkmatter

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
lol...well your the goofball for having an itune account. why pay for music if you dont have to. lmao

I pay for music when it supports an artist i like. I figure if I like their music enough to listen to it, I like it enough to support them and hopefully get more music from them. But that's a conversation for another place, lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up my Droid Bionic, and set-up ZumoCast. And I can't believe how easy it was and how well it works. Within 5 minutes I was reading documents on my phone that were on my computer. This is my first smartphone so the little things blow me away.

But did anyone try it out? Like it?

It is going to take me bit to get to try all this. Versatile this one is ~yoda

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
i have a work laptop that i turn off..this is what i have been using lately as my main pc at home and where I have my music/movies etc

my work desktop i leave on all the time

I was just joking around before, although I leave mine on all the time. Zumocast is amazing but it really should be able to Wake a pc from s3 sleep over the network. That is a big flaw for this day and age. I built my HTPC and it only draws about 40W Max at idle, but it is crazy that expect people to leave computers drawing 200w or 300w on or to leave a laptop on all day(laptops aren't meant to be left on 24-7. Hopefully, they will add WOL functionality at some point.