ZumoCast is great!

narmold

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up my Droid Bionic, and set-up ZumoCast. And I can't believe how easy it was and how well it works. Within 5 minutes I was reading documents on my phone that were on my computer. This is my first smartphone so the little things blow me away.

But did anyone try it out? Like it?

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I can't get it to work.

I've downloaded it and my computer files show up on the Bionic but it won't let me access them for some reason...

Pierpoint

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Dude, ZumoCast is awesome. I was using Google Music beta on my Dinc, and this spanks it. I like how it doesn't compress the streamed music, or if it does, it does it very little.
It was super easy to set up and the app layout is nice.:cool:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I didn't play much with it.. It wouldn't stream music from my itunes folder. Kept saying the files weren't playable or something like that, they're just standard mp3's though. Any ideas on that?

Then I tried streaming a movie that was on my desktop (.avi) file and it appeared to work fine. Like I said didn't spend a lot of time on it.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I cant get it to do anything but open PDF's...

Same issue with music and My Documents on my computer is locked for some reason...

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
weird, did you try to access it right away ? it takes awhile to sync all the music when you first set it up.

i was able to play music and videos with no problem. however the videos played a little choppily (they were MP4s ripped from youtube).

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm blown away by how well it works...I just need to find a way to rip my DVDs onto my computer so I can stream them....any suggestions? I tried handbrake but can't get it to make a file that is anywhere near watchable.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
ZumoCast IS great, iTunes is a piece of sh!t. All the music I have in iTunes can't be played in ZumoCast because it is DRM protected. Its my music and it is basically being played from iTunes, just streamed to MY phone. I am not even sharing it with anyone else. This is another reason why I absolutely despise Apple and their environement!

jdw71

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I cant get zumocast installed on my computer. I get a message that says "you need an internet connection to set up zumocast" even though I am connected to the internet. I really want to use zumocast but this is pissing me off. If anyone knows why this is it would help me out greatly, Thank You.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
ZumoCast IS great, iTunes is a piece of sh!t. All the music I have in iTunes can't be played in ZumoCast because it is DRM protected. Its my music and it is basically being played from iTunes, just streamed to MY phone. I am not even sharing it with anyone else. This is another reason why I absolutely despise Apple and their environement!

Wow, I thought Apple and iTunes was done with DRM...

Last edited:

z06psi

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just loaded it and was able to play or download anything I allowed it to. I have some security concerns about the application and need to look into it.

ca.n

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
FYI OSX Lion users, support for ZumoCast should be out shortly. We'll keep you all updated on upcoming releases.

-Ca

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I just finished installing ZumoCast, and my music from my iTunes played great. I have version 10.4.1 for iTunes.