Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Snoudel
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Random Shut Down with White Notification Light

    I just got the phone today... It already shut it self off and had a white notification light. Whenever I plug in the charger its comes back, but the phone wont turn on
  2. #2  
    Averix's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on most

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoudel View Post
    I just got the phone today... It already shut it self off and had a white notification light. Whenever I plug in the charger its comes back, but the phone wont turn on
    Take it into a Verizon store now so they still have stock to exchange it for.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    Take it into a Verizon store now so they still have stock to exchange it for.
    Do you know what a white light indicates? Does anyone?
  4. #4  
    furbymac's Avatar

    Posts
    134 Posts
    ROM
    GPA 19 B.B.

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    let the phone charge for a while then try again. my og droid won't turn on unless it has atleast 5%battery left
  5. #5  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by furbymac View Post
    let the phone charge for a while then try again. my og droid won't turn on unless it has atleast 5%battery left
    Thats my thought as well. Though from what i'm seeing so far, the white light i'm kinda suprised on though, the notification LED doesn't do 'anything' on mine unless i have a notification of 'something' and the screen is off. No charging light indicator.

    I'm just charging using the USB cable to my laptop right now, maybe a wall charger shows the light.
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
  6. #6  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    My phone won't turn on either. It shut itself down, no white LED though. The OG droid had a white light for "Charging" so I'd suggest waiting a day, or doing a battery pull, etc.

    I don't know what my phone's issue is though.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by iijeriichoii View Post
    My phone won't turn on either. It shut itself down, no white LED though. The OG droid had a white light for "Charging" so I'd suggest waiting a day, or doing a battery pull, etc.

    I don't know what my phone's issue is though.
    Make sure (if you didn't do this yourself) that the rep in the store 'put it all back together' properly. The dude at VZW that installed my SIM card for me hadn't ever done so, I had to show him where it went.. under the 16gb MicroSD Card. Maybe something aint quite right?
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
  8. #8  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    Make sure (if you didn't do this yourself) that the rep in the store 'put it all back together' properly. The dude at VZW that installed my SIM card for me hadn't ever done so, I had to show him where it went.. under the 16gb MicroSD Card. Maybe something aint quite right?
    Valid point, since I can't remove my extended battery now. Is there something I'm missing? I can't get it out of the thing for the life of me!
  9. #9  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by iijeriichoii View Post
    Valid point, since I can't remove my extended battery now. Is there something I'm missing? I can't get it out of the thing for the life of me!
    I dont have the extended battery 'yet', but from the looks of it.. you need to 'pry' lightly on the top (next to the SIM/MicroSD Card) putting pressure forcing the battery 'down' towards the bottom of the phone while also pulling it 'out' towards you.
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Yea it was a battery problem. Until you are above 5% the notification will be white. Then the light will go away and the phone can turn on . PHEW.
    Thanked by 2:
    Averixjroc 
    Velocity-Love likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    Make sure (if you didn't do this yourself) that the rep in the store 'put it all back together' properly. The dude at VZW that installed my SIM card for me hadn't ever done so, I had to show him where it went.. under the 16gb MicroSD Card. Maybe something aint quite right?
    Ha ha same thing happened with me. I had to show guy where to install sim card. I guess they were telling the truth when they said they haven't gotten to play with the phones yet.
    Thanked by:
    Averix 
  12. #12  
    Averix's Avatar

    Posts
    647 Posts
    ROM
    Stock on most

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoudel View Post
    Yea it was a battery problem. Until you are above 5% the notification will be white. Then the light will go away and the phone can turn on . PHEW.
    Good to know.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireplug View Post
    Ha ha same thing happened with me. I had to show guy where to install sim card. I guess they were telling the truth when they said they haven't gotten to play with the phones yet.
    Its my firm belief that Verizon employees don't understand SIM cards at all. I do the BB and wireless modem ordering for my company, and about half the devices come with the SIM card jammed in backwards.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoudel View Post
    Yea it was a battery problem. Until you are above 5% the notification will be white. Then the light will go away and the phone can turn on . PHEW.
    Hmmm notification to let you know you are under 5% battery? Nice...very nice.
  15. #15  
    madkoda12's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    hm well strange thing just happened with mine, instaleld amazon app store and a bit after the phone just rebooted
  16. #16  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by madkoda View Post
    hm well strange thing just happened with mine, instaleld amazon app store and a bit after the phone just rebooted
    Had the exact same thing happen to me, but, it's been fine since the reboot. Very weird!
  17. #17  

    Default

    My razr didn't randomly shut down, it just won't charge. When I plug it in to a computer or an outlet. The white led comes on. Doesn't chage though . Please help.
  18. #18  
    pauldroidr2d2's Avatar

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jobockibic View Post
    My razr didn't randomly shut down, it just won't charge. When I plug it in to a computer or an outlet. The white led comes on. Doesn't chage though . Please help.
    You might have a bad battery. I'd take it to VZW corporate store and have them check it.

    Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
  19. #19  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    hopefully that is the case for my phone as well too! It was so random I was playing a game on it and had it plugged in and it just shut off and I couldn't turn it back on and this white light is on and it says nothing in the guide book about it.
  20. #20  
    Android_Lee's Avatar
    Android Addict

    Posts
    705 Posts
    ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoudel View Post
    Yea it was a battery problem. Until you are above 5% the notification will be white. Then the light will go away and the phone can turn on . PHEW.
    And THIS RIGHT HERE is why this is the best Android site. The OP came back and let us all know what the issue was and what was done to fix it. Thanks for that update Snoudel. Although I have never got my extended battery below 15%, I may have to drain it now just to see it. Thanks again.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted
  21. #21  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    My phone randomly shut down...white notification light comes on when i plug it into charge....white light turns off...still wont come on...Is there any way i can fix this without going to a verizon store?
  22. #22  

    Default Re: ALREADY?!

    Quote Originally Posted by electronicallylost View Post
    My phone randomly shut down...white notification light comes on when i plug it into charge....white light turns off...still wont come on...Is there any way i can fix this without going to a verizon store?
    Sounds like it's discharged to zero...leave it off and on a wall charger for a couple hours minimum.
  23. #23  

    Red face Re: Random Shut Down with White Notification Light

    random startup and die, it's the battery, went to 0% for some reason, wall charger was ineffective, car charger fixed the problem.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Random Shut Down with White Notification Light

    hey there everyone alright so what im dealing with is, my bionic wont turn all the way on... if i plug it in to my computer it gives me the white notifaction light, but if i plug it into the wall charger it makes it to the safe systems screen and after 10 seconds it changes to a black screen and goes no further... please please please help!!!
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Random Shut Down with White Notification Light

    Your battery is completely discharged. USB connection to a laptop will *not* provide enough to charge it. Use the original OEM supplied charger plugged into a wall outlet overnight.

    You are fortunate that a Bionic has a replaceable battery...so it may be as simple as replacing it with a new one.

Posting Permissions

B