Random Shut Down with White Notification Light

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got the phone today... It already shut it self off and had a white notification light. Whenever I plug in the charger its comes back, but the phone wont turn on :(

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: ALREADY?!

I just got the phone today... It already shut it self off and had a white notification light. Whenever I plug in the charger its comes back, but the phone wont turn on :(

Take it into a Verizon store now so they still have stock to exchange it for.

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site

let the phone charge for a while then try again. my og droid won't turn on unless it has atleast 5%battery left

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

let the phone charge for a while then try again. my og droid won't turn on unless it has atleast 5%battery left

Thats my thought as well. Though from what i'm seeing so far, the white light i'm kinda suprised on though, the notification LED doesn't do 'anything' on mine unless i have a notification of 'something' and the screen is off. No charging light indicator.

I'm just charging using the USB cable to my laptop right now, maybe a wall charger shows the light.

iijeriichoii

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

My phone won't turn on either. It shut itself down, no white LED though. The OG droid had a white light for "Charging" so I'd suggest waiting a day, or doing a battery pull, etc.

I don't know what my phone's issue is though.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

My phone won't turn on either. It shut itself down, no white LED though. The OG droid had a white light for "Charging" so I'd suggest waiting a day, or doing a battery pull, etc.

I don't know what my phone's issue is though.

Make sure (if you didn't do this yourself) that the rep in the store 'put it all back together' properly. The dude at VZW that installed my SIM card for me hadn't ever done so, I had to show him where it went.. under the 16gb MicroSD Card. Maybe something aint quite right?

iijeriichoii

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Make sure (if you didn't do this yourself) that the rep in the store 'put it all back together' properly. The dude at VZW that installed my SIM card for me hadn't ever done so, I had to show him where it went.. under the 16gb MicroSD Card. Maybe something aint quite right?

Valid point, since I can't remove my extended battery now. Is there something I'm missing? I can't get it out of the thing for the life of me!

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

Valid point, since I can't remove my extended battery now. Is there something I'm missing? I can't get it out of the thing for the life of me!

I dont have the extended battery 'yet', but from the looks of it.. you need to 'pry' lightly on the top (next to the SIM/MicroSD Card) putting pressure forcing the battery 'down' towards the bottom of the phone while also pulling it 'out' towards you.

fireplug

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Ha ha same thing happened with me. I had to show guy where to install sim card. I guess they were telling the truth when they said they haven't gotten to play with the phones yet. ;)

Reactions: Averix

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Ha ha same thing happened with me. I had to show guy where to install sim card. I guess they were telling the truth when they said they haven't gotten to play with the phones yet. ;)

Its my firm belief that Verizon employees don't understand SIM cards at all. I do the BB and wireless modem ordering for my company, and about half the devices come with the SIM card jammed in backwards.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Yea it was a battery problem. Until you are above 5% the notification will be white. Then the light will go away and the phone can turn on :). PHEW.

Hmmm notification to let you know you are under 5% battery? Nice...very nice.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

hm well strange thing just happened with mine, instaleld amazon app store and a bit after the phone just rebooted

Jobockibic

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
My razr didn't randomly shut down, it just won't charge. When I plug it in to a computer or an outlet. The white led comes on. Doesn't chage though . Please help.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My razr didn't randomly shut down, it just won't charge. When I plug it in to a computer or an outlet. The white led comes on. Doesn't chage though . Please help.

You might have a bad battery. I'd take it to VZW corporate store and have them check it.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Velocity-Love

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

hopefully that is the case for my phone as well too! It was so random I was playing a game on it and had it plugged in and it just shut off and I couldn't turn it back on and this white light is on and it says nothing in the guide book about it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

Yea it was a battery problem. Until you are above 5% the notification will be white. Then the light will go away and the phone can turn on :). PHEW.

And THIS RIGHT HERE is why this is the best Android site. The OP came back and let us all know what the issue was and what was done to fix it. Thanks for that update Snoudel. Although I have never got my extended battery below 15%, I may have to drain it now just to see it. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21