Sync Facebook contacts, photo gallery

mizzlee

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to sync FB only with existing contacts, as you could in the past? It seems to be only "on" or "off". Checked both the FB settings and also in the accounts settings.

Also, the photo gallery widget will only sync with ALL of my FB contacts. Is there a work around for either problem?

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to sync FB only with existing contacts, as you could in the past? It seems to be only "on" or "off". Checked both the FB settings and also in the accounts settings.

Also, the photo gallery widget will only sync with ALL of my FB contacts. Is there a work around for either problem?
I haven't figured this out either. It was a lot easier to do on my droid incredibe...

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I figured out something that may work but it is time consuming depending on how many contacts you have...go to your contacts, select any contact you want, hit menu, then edit, hit menu once again, select join. It will come up with a suggested contacts section and an all contacts section. Usually the selected contacts section will show the contact of the person that you want, which is going to be the facebook contact. Selecting this will have the contact's facebook picture showing as their picture for the contact. After selecting the contact it will take you back to the previous page and you select save and the picture is there. I haven't discovered a quicker way to do this. If you discover a quicker way then let me know...

mizzlee

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I wasn't clear....no problem syncing FB photos with my contacts. The problem is, I only want to sync about 40 of them.....not 500+! And I definitely don't want the gallery and activity updates of all of those people on my phone!

Edit: Looking on the FB settings page, there general setttings, notification settings and finally, at the very bottom, "other settings"....but I can't scroll to see what they are.Hmmmm.

Last edited:

moelsen

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
i can't find it either.. i remember going through this with my wife's d2g a while back. only thing is it would let her sync the pics with facebook, but you had to let it add all of your facebook contacts to your gmail contacts which sucked. i can't even find that option. coming from the ogd, there's some things i really like about blur. this, however, is horrible. backup assistant is worse.

if anyone figures this out, please let me know too. i want to sync all existing contacts with fb for the contact photos and i don't have the time/don't care that much to go through each individual one to update manually.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
There is an app called SyncMyPix. It takes all of your pictures from Facebook and pairs them with matching Google contacts. That way the contacts always have the pictures synced across all Google services.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tyler0630

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
i know in htc sence you can sync all, but then choose "hide contacts without numbers" i dont have my hands on a bionic yet so im not sure if its the same. but thats what i do on my TB

Reactions: King Howie