3g/4g activity arrows.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having an issue where the arrows (upload and download) under the 3g or 4g symbol do not light up? I can be browsing the internet or doing anything that uses data and everything works fine but I get no activity on the arrows. Anyone else?

Haven't tried a batt pull, just a reset....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I did earlier today when I was setting up my phone. At the moment I'm not in a 4G area.

Right now I'm in a 3G area and no problems.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Should still get the arrows flashing in 3g as well. So ur not getting them either? Thanks by the way.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I had an odd issue, today with my 3g/4g....i was in an area for a few hours tonight with basically 0 reception. My signal didnt come back till i was able to get a 4g signal. I tried to select airplane mode and toggle it on/off....tried to switch to CDMA only, nothing brought my data signal back till i was in a 4g area.

Very odd indeed.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just figured something weird out.... with my phone anyway, when im on wifi the 4g or 3g signal is white and easy to see (no arrow activity of course - wifi) but....

When I switch off wifi the 4g or 3g signal turns to a light blue which kinda matches the color of the notification bar making it extremely hard to see.. shouldn't this be the other way around!?!?

And if I look veeeery close I CAN see the activity arrows lighting up but it is extremely hard to make out..

Does anyone here have the same on/off wifi, network color changing issue or did my phone reverse the color order somehow?

Would appreciate someone testing this so I can do a factory reset if need be before fully setting up this phone and wasting my time. Thx!

nlowhor

May 9, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell, you have a data connection if the indicators are blue. When they are white it indicates that it sees the signal but it's not being used for data.

I've been having trouble with the 3G/4G bars being stuck on white and I can't get data to connect. :(

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Should still get the arrows flashing in 3g as well. So ur not getting them either? Thanks by the way.

They flash, but the color isn't very bright and in my opinion blends in with the font color for the 3G and 4G.

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Dunno whats different with your screen. My 4GLTE sign is a complete different shade of blue then the notification bar.

4GLTE is like a light blue while the notification bar is dark blue. I have yet to see the up and arrows turn off and on like my old Droid X but I get signal and connection just fine. For me the arrows are all on or all off but it still sends and receives data lol.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Dunno whats different with your screen. My 4GLTE sign is a complete different shade of blue then the notification bar.

4GLTE is like a light blue while the notification bar is dark blue. I have yet to see the up and arrows turn off and on like my old Droid X but I get signal and connection just fine. For me the arrows are all on or all off but it still sends and receives data lol.

The arrows to light up. They are the same color as the 4G LTE.

andre2p

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having the problem that the 4G up/down arrows stay on all the time. I checked my running apps and it all looks normal. I don't do much with the phone other than gmail and gvoice.

The data consumption looks normal. It is still at .008GB after 3 days of usage.

The color of the 4G and the up/down arrows is white by the way. :confused:

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having the problem that the 4G up/down arrows stay on all the time. I checked my running apps and it all looks normal. I don't do much with the phone other than gmail and gvoice.

The data consumption looks normal. It is still at .008GB after 3 days of usage.

The color of the 4G and the up/down arrows is white by the way. :confused:

Do you have wifi on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36