upgrade from charge to bionic

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hi,
Im using the droid charge, wondering if its worthit to upgrade to the bionic.
I can upgrade a few lines on my account and get the bionic at 200..not bad.

Is there much of a difference in performance with the dual core?

kb0uy

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded. The gps works perfect and data stays connected but the camera is better on the charge And so is the video audio recording.

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is there a noticeable performance increase with the bionic over the charge with the added ram?
does the dual core make much of a difference or not really?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Do it. While I loved the super amoled + on the charge, its performance was abysmal with the outdated file system and the 512MB of ram.

DerekMorr

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
How does the Bionic performance compare to a Charge w/ voodoo lagfix?

How does the battery life compare?

I have a Charge and I'm not happy with it. Seriously thinking of getting a Bionic.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I also went from a Charge to a Bionic and I do not regret it at all. Gps is perfect and the phone is so much faster. The home screen on the Bionic is smooth even with a ton of widgets up. I think I had a problem with my Charge because even after restoring it to stock it ran like crap.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
How does the Bionic performance compare to a Charge w/ voodoo lagfix?

How does the battery life compare?

I have a Charge and I'm not happy with it. Seriously thinking of getting a Bionic.

It's a much smoother experience trust me. The charge gets bogged down easily. I havent noticed a problem with any bionic I've handled thus far. The dual core is amazingly fast

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

dataz722

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I am planning on doing the same thing. How does the call quality and speakphone compare. They are horrible on the charge for me.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I am planning on doing the same thing. How does the call quality and speakphone compare. They are horrible on the charge for me.

I have only had the Bionic for a day and don't own the charge myself but use one at work. I haven't really noticed much difference yet (charge has always sounded a little muffled to me yes), but Motorola phones have always been rock solid as phones to me. Bionic does not seem to be any different.

I would recommend the upgrade, yes. I have been VERY impressed with this phone and would have even considered a full retail purchase if I hadnt had an upgrade available.

pnico

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I plan to use my phone for , well mobile gaming (gameloft games) maybe watch a movie, web use, obviously a phone/texting device and mostly important email, for a business.

I like the charge, but I keep reading (and Im unable to as well ) that you cant set the phone to keep emails on it, from , say a comcast account???

That is annoying and a problem for business use.

Aside of that, I guess it is an overall performance upgrade, apparently, right??

I heard someone say the camera was lousy.. I like the cam on my charge.. is the camera that bad? I mean Im not a pro photographer by any means, but when going to a concert or taking a trip, i definately like to take pictures of things..etc..

is the gaming smoother on this? I spoke to a gameloft rep and he mentioned that games are smoother using dual core and the concept is the same as on the pc.. the more cpu/gpu power a game has available to it, the better it will run...

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Do it. While I loved the super amoled + on the charge, its performance was abysmal with the outdated file system and the 512MB of ram.

Agreed. I upgraded. The only thing the charge is better is the screen (slightly) and the camera. Everything the else bionic owns. Glad I upgraded.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
hi,
Im using the droid charge, wondering if its worthit to upgrade to the bionic.
I can upgrade a few lines on my account and get the bionic at 200..not bad.

Is there much of a difference in performance with the dual core?
I upgraded from a Charge to a Bionic and I love my Bionic. Bionic isn't perfect, the screen isn't as nice as the Super AMOLED that the Charge has. But, so far, I haven't experienced the same types of lags, slow down and such that I routinely experienced with my Charge. The Bluetooth also isn't as buggy as my Charges.

Ghetto_Cowgirl

May 17, 2011
Visit site
How's it compare to a rooted Charge with voodoo lagfix and Gummy 2.0? Debating selling my Charge and getting Bionic, even after reading every thread in this forum :p I actually prefer my husbands Droid X screen, the colors seem more...real? Unlike the Charge that seems more..cartoonish..I really can't explain that properly....