Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ChevyNovaLN
  • 1 Post By KillerG
  • 2 Post By SamuriHL
  • 2 Post By Lisa W
  • 1 Post By SamuriHL
  • 1 Post By cheezew
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default wifi wont stay connected?

    When ever I try to connect to my homes wifi it will connect for about 10 seconds or less then it will say under the WIFI On button "Disconnected". Im really new to android phones but it does not seem like i'm doing anything wrong.

    Thanks for the help
  2. #2  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    Quote Originally Posted by antisniperspy View Post
    When ever I try to connect to my homes wifi it will connect for about 10 seconds or less then it will say under the WIFI On button "Disconnected". Im really new to android phones but it does not seem like i'm doing anything wrong.

    Thanks for the help
    Do you have some super-duper security set up on your WiFi ? I had issues on my wifes Tablet (Android 2.3.5) when connecting to something using WPA2 for encryption, though it may be unique to her tablet. I didn't try on my Bionic yet as its at her sisters house where it didn't work.

    Brian
    antisniperspy likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyNovaLN View Post
    Do you have some super-duper security set up on your WiFi ? I had issues on my wifes Tablet (Android 2.3.5) when connecting to something using WPA2 for encryption, though it may be unique to her tablet. I didn't try on my Bionic yet as its at her sisters house where it didn't work.

    Brian
    WPA/WPA2 PSK

    Everytime I try to enable it... it will go back and forth between authenticating and then drop back to disconnected.
  4. #4  
    KillerG's Avatar

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP JB

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    One way to tell is to take the security off for a few minutes, see if it connects then. If it doesn't your router or the phone is the problem.
    antisniperspy likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    OMG so I was using the password to the router and not the password to connect to the wireless. If you guys could give me bad rep you should..

    Anyway thanks for your help
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by antisniperspy View Post
    OMG so I was using the password to the router and not the password to connect to the wireless. If you guys could give me bad rep you should..

    Anyway thanks for your help
    Ha ha it happens man don't worry about it

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    My dh is a network admin so our router is under major security.

    He had to enter the MAC address from the phone into our router software to give it access to our network.

    You can find the MAC address under WiFi settings then hit the bottom left permanent key for the menu and choose Advanced.

    Can't tell you where and what he did in the router software...that's all him!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    I show great wifi strength, but I cannot access the internet. Is anyone else having this particular problem? I really hope to find an answer as I don't get any data connectivity at my house. (Yes, I live in the sticks.)
  9. #9  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    Quote Originally Posted by antisniperspy View Post
    WPA/WPA2 PSK

    Everytime I try to enable it... it will go back and forth between authenticating and then drop back to disconnected.
    I had a buddy with the same problem, double check your security key. If you put it in wrong it will do this. That is what his did.


    Oops, you figured it out already.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    I had a thread on this kind of issue yesterday. I had 2 things I had to fix. The Bionic is very sensitive it seems. I had a channel collision that apparently my other devices didn't care about (yet it REALLY slowed the network down obviously) and I found that I can only use WPA, NOT WPA2, with the Bionic. After I changed those 2 things the Bionic's been rock solid (and strangely the network was faster. LOL). So if you're trying to use the Bionic on wifi, I'd at least give WPA a shot and see what happens.
    kbphlipot and Lisa W like this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    I had a thread on this kind of issue yesterday. I had 2 things I had to fix. The Bionic is very sensitive it seems. I had a channel collision that apparently my other devices didn't care about (yet it REALLY slowed the network down obviously) and I found that I can only use WPA, NOT WPA2, with the Bionic. After I changed those 2 things the Bionic's been rock solid (and strangely the network was faster. LOL). So if you're trying to use the Bionic on wifi, I'd at least give WPA a shot and see what happens.
    Thank you so much. I went and read your other thread. Then went to Netgear support and read up on channel collisions, reset the channel and now I am connected.
    SamuriHL and cheezew like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected?

    I'm glad that helped!
    Lisa W likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected?

    It is absolutely the WPA2 that is not working. When I switched to WPA it connected immediately.. Verizon was clueless on this issue... This works....
    SamuriHL likes this.
  14. #14  
    AZ1
    AZ1 is offline
    AZ1's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected???

    [QUOTE=Lisa W;1228871]I show great wifi strength, but I cannot access the internet. Is anyone else having this particular problem? I really hope to find an answer as I don't get any data connectivity at my house. (Yes, I live in the sticks.)[/QUOTE

    First you should see if your other devices (like a computer) are able to access the internet.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected?

    I have been having the same problem i run on android 4.2 jellybean, my wifi won't connect so i have to go to the android download manager and disable it, my wifi will connect straight away but google play and other apps wont work, so i have too go back and enable android download manager and everything works fine, once the tablet is turned off i have to go therw it all again, i've been searching for a permanent fix for this but cant find anything at all.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected?

    Tablet? This thread is for the bionic which is an older device that never went above 4.1.2. Whatever issue you're having isn't what this thread is about.

    Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
  17. #17  

    Default Re: wifi wont stay connected?

    how do you change the wpa and wpa2 setting on an android tablet?

Posting Permissions