[TIP] Make your own notification bar toggle

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thought I'd share something many may find useful. Don't you hate how Motorola didn't include toggles for wifi, bluetooth, etc. in the notification bar? Me too. With Widgetsoid you can make your own toggle. Had to play around with the app for awhile but here's an example of mine. Any questions, ask and hopefully I can help.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there an option to toggle on/off LTE? Having a LTE switch there would be really handy. A Bluetooth/LTE/WIFI setup would be awesome for me. Thanks in advance.

chetqwerty

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Got excited and tried this but when i click on the icons in the pull down they dont do anything unless you enable the pop up and at that point what good is it. Unless im doing something wrong which is highly possible! Oh, Bionic of course.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm I want to try this myself. I just wish I could get a 4G switch on there to toggle 4G to 3G. I bet they'll throw one in soon.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The notification/popup issue is actually a problem with Gingerbread. No way around it as far as I know. It's still rather convenient I think.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thats pretty nice OP, thanks. I've been using Elixir for the same purpose (think it was in AC's Apps of the Week a while ago and I kept note of it) but I'm not loving how small the toggles it gives you are. This one looks a bit nicer I will try it out :)

Is there an option to toggle on/off LTE? Having a LTE switch there would be really handy. A Bluetooth/LTE/WIFI setup would be awesome for me. Thanks in advance.

Probably, but until you find one you can just go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode... and switch there between CDMA/LTE and CDMA only, which turns off the 4G antenna. I know its a tad bit cumbersome to have to do all that but really not that bad assuming you're not going to be switching it on and off multiple times a day (why would you need to? lol).

Reactions: dcgore

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll definitely have to check this out. I am spoiled having those on my D1. I assumed it was just a feature of gingerbread, but I guess it is a feature of CM based SS 5.5 I'm running. The WidgetSoid toggles look really familiar to mine.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Dkdude

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This widget alteady exists, not in the notification bar. Press and hold home screen, select widgets, Power Control. Just like with the X.

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
This widget alteady exists, not in the notification bar. Press and hold home screen, select widgets, Power Control. Just like with the X.

Pretty sure the whole point of the thread and the OP was that this is a method of getting a toggle widget INTO the notification bar.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

the widget is nice but not as convenient when controls are in the notification bar. it is nice to have access when you are in an app and don't want to go to the home screen or settings to change something.

kylec123

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
If you add a 2g/3g toggle button that will actually pull up the mobile network settings page. It cuts down on navigation time when trying to toggle 4g on/off.

Also, im probably just overlooking it, but how do you get these to go into the notification bar?

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
If you add a 2g/3g toggle button that will actually pull up the mobile network settings page. It cuts down on navigation time when trying to toggle 4g on/off.

Also, im probably just overlooking it, but how do you get these to go into the notification bar?

I also can't figure out this either. I look on their website and the instruction was very short and didn't make sense to me.

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Under the "advanced" tab when setting up your widget, check "Notification"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2