Contact Quick Tasks Option?
09-13-2011 09:05 PM
- On my Droid X was a handy Quick Tasks for Contacts option that allowed quick shortcut to text, e-mail or call specific contacts just by tapping on their picture. I've looked all over my Bionic & now looking at third party apps for a comparable solution but nothing quite like it. Any thoughts, options, suggestions?09-09-2011 08:08 AM
- I am looking for it too. The problem with the quickcontacts on the Bionic is that once you click on the person's picture, you get ANOTHER menu of a phone call, email, facebook, etc. THEN ANOTHER menu of whether you want to dial their home or cel phone.... It's waaay too many clicks to make a call.
I too have been looking all over for an app that allows you to customize a contact to 1) dial their home, 2) dial their cel or 3) email in a single click. Can't find it. I am thinking of trying to hook the 2 phones together and trying to migrate whatever the widget is on the Droid X that lets you do this...
Here is a pix I found that shows the Droid X contact quickdial. The first person on the top there has 2 phone numbers (one for cell and one for work presumably but you can make it anything or make it even 3 numbers for the same person). I need that so badly!
Katherine09-11-2011 01:39 AM
- long press home screen, select shortcuts, then direct call or direct text. i use direct call for the contacts i most frequently need to call. it puts their contact photo on the home screen and all you do is touch the photo and the call is initiated.09-11-2011 06:41 AMLike 2
- Thank you. I tried that. But what do you do if you contact had 2 numbers you use often. For example I want to dial their home first but if not home, I try their cell. You can't tell by the icon s created as their pix and name are identical.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk09-11-2011 11:29 AM
- Right. I solved the problem by creating a "Dad home" contact in google and a "Dad Cel" separate contact. Did this for my 5 most frequently called numbers. PITA but it works. Now my contact shortcuts are easy to see and I can dial again with the push of a button.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk09-12-2011 08:47 PMLike 1
- for future reference, you don't need to split into 2 different contacts in google. for contacts with multiple numbers, when you select direct contact from the home screen, the phone will ask you which number you want to use. just select one number the first time, and then do it again and select the other number.09-13-2011 05:30 AM
- for future reference, you don't need to split into 2 different contacts in google. for contacts with multiple numbers, when you select direct contact from the home screen, the phone will ask you which number you want to use. just select one number the first time, and then do it again and select the other number.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk09-13-2011 09:00 PM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid Bionic
Contact Quick Tasks Option?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD