Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Contact Quick Tasks Option?

On my Droid X was a handy Quick Tasks for Contacts option that allowed quick shortcut to text, e-mail or call specific contacts just by tapping on their picture. I've looked all over my Bionic & now looking at third party apps for a comparable solution but nothing quite like it. Any thoughts, options, suggestions?

Default Re: Contact Quick Tasks Option?

Long press on home screen>Widgets>Quick Contacts

I am looking for it too. The problem with the quickcontacts on the Bionic is that once you click on the person's picture, you get ANOTHER menu of a phone call, email, facebook, etc. THEN ANOTHER menu of whether you want to dial their home or cel phone.... It's waaay too many clicks to make a call.

I too have been looking all over for an app that allows you to customize a contact to 1) dial their home, 2) dial their cel or 3) email in a single click. Can't find it. I am thinking of trying to hook the 2 phones together and trying to migrate whatever the widget is on the Droid X that lets you do this...

Here is a pix I found that shows the Droid X contact quickdial. The first person on the top there has 2 phone numbers (one for cell and one for work presumably but you can make it anything or make it even 3 numbers for the same person). I need that so badly!

Katherine

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts

Check out some of the Shortcuts, you may find what you need.

X

Sent via Tapatalk

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

long press home screen, select shortcuts, then direct call or direct text. i use direct call for the contacts i most frequently need to call. it puts their contact photo on the home screen and all you do is touch the photo and the call is initiated.
    Thanked by 2:

Thank you. I tried that. But what do you do if you contact had 2 numbers you use often. For example I want to dial their home first but if not home, I try their cell. You can't tell by the icon s created as their pix and name are identical.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

If you look at the little contact pic, you will see a letter, h for home, m for mobile and w for work. You would need to put then on the homescreen twice but you can tell which one is which.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

So bottom line... there is nothing comparable to the Contact Quick Task like on the DX.

Right. I solved the problem by creating a "Dad home" contact in google and a "Dad Cel" separate contact. Did this for my 5 most frequently called numbers. PITA but it works. Now my contact shortcuts are easy to see and I can dial again with the push of a button.

Thanked by:

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

for future reference, you don't need to split into 2 different contacts in google. for contacts with multiple numbers, when you select direct contact from the home screen, the phone will ask you which number you want to use. just select one number the first time, and then do it again and select the other number.

Quote Originally Posted by mamawM View Post
    for future reference, you don't need to split into 2 different contacts in google. for contacts with multiple numbers, when you select direct contact from the home screen, the phone will ask you which number you want to use. just select one number the first time, and then do it again and select the other number.
    True but the link looks identical for both so I can't tell which is which. I don't get any sort of clue. Someone above posted that one had an m and one an h for home and mobile... That didn't happen to me. Literally the only way to tell apart is to push the link and see what number ends up dialing. Not ideal.

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

funny, the little letters are on all of mine (i have 7) and they are in the top let corner of the pic. they are white so i wonder if the background on your pics somehow obscures the letters.