Screen unresponsive when plugged into USB

carpecervisi

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I mis-posted this in the rooting subforum, so I apologize for the double post...

Is anyone having problems with their screen being unresponsive when plugged into their PC or dock via USB? It happens if I'm holding it or if it's flat on the desk. Occasionally it will work, but it is very sporadic.

I first noticed it when trying to make selections with the HD Dock and more recently when I was rooting my DB. I've tried a variety of cables, including the one that came with the phone. It's driving me crazy.

Let me know if you're having the same problem and if you've found a work around.

Thanks!

kbo

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed last night that when mine was charging that the screen was lagging. Also, if I touched in the middle of the screen the touch would register near the bottom. When I unplugged it, everything went back to normal.

rlb81

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This was common on the original droid if you were using a non-motorola charger. Not sure how much of that applies here, but it's something to keep in mind.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in another thread, but the demo unit at the verizon store I got the phone at was doing the same thing. The screen would lag terribly while plugged in, and at times just would not respond. The plug that the store was using was not a stock Moto charger, and the verizon rep conceded that this was most likely the problem.

If you're using a moto charger though, then I would take the phone back ASAP because that doesn't sound normal at all

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
While using my "generic" charger/cable my screen is unresponsive. When I use the Moto charger/cable, I can use the screen.

carpecervisi

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Weird. I've tried all kinds of combinations (factory Motorola, HP TouchPad, LG something, a generic one) and all do this. Not when it's plugged in to charge, but with the Dock and my laptop. I think it'd be safer to try to exchange it out...heading back to VZW I guess.

Thanks everyone!

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
While using my "generic" charger/cable my screen is unresponsive. When I use the Moto charger/cable, I can use the screen.

My old Droid did that and I didn't think anything of it. I kept using the generic charger until my screen finally stock that way and I had to get my phone replaced. I threw that charger in the trash when I got my replacement.

kbo

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I am using the motorola charger, but a longer cable so the phone will safely reach the table. I will give the motorola cable a try tonight and see if I have the same problem.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I tried using my Thunderbolt charger and had all kinds of screen issues. I was ready to take the phone back but when I unplugged it it worked fine. When it's on the stock charger it works fine. I even have a generic charger at bedside that worked fine too. I wonder what would cause this???

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
im using the stock charger and cord and when charging off pc works fine but when syncing or usb storage the screen is unbearable, im sure there will be an update soon

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Moderator pls purge all replies above this so that the answer can be found - also droidforums register page has been mangled so that new users can't join. 30 other websites have also been hacked but retards don't check their own system and or hide the feedback panel.
Little egotistical, are you? Digging up a 4 year thread, giving a nonsensical response, then asking a mod to remove other posts that actually deal with the thread topic, and then discussing something pertaining to another site altogether. Almost sounds like you're a troll, but this is pretty far fetched even for that.