Gallery Organization

engineer968

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick question.

On my OG Droid, the gallery organized my pictures into folders corresponding with the folders in the directory. I liked this.

The Bionic seems to just lump all my photos into one big scroll. I realize that you can organize them by date, location or tags, but that's not as good an option for me as organizing them by directory folder.

Is there a way to get the Bionic gallery to organize pictures by directory?

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anyway except to get a third party gallery app. On the market I found Gallery Pro which is basically the original android gallery which is extra features but it is not free.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick question.

On my OG Droid, the gallery organized my pictures into folders corresponding with the folders in the directory. I liked this.

The Bionic seems to just lump all my photos into one big scroll. I realize that you can organize them by date, location or tags, but that's not as good an option for me as organizing them by directory folder.

Is there a way to get the Bionic gallery to organize pictures by directory?

When you go in the gallery at the top click on my library and select albums. You can create albums by long pressing on a picture and click add to albums, then you can create a new album or select to put it in an existing album. You can mass select pictures and move them all at once into an album. So this works pretty well for now, I may try a third party at some point just to compare ease of use. Hope this helps.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anyway except to get a third party gallery app. On the market I found Gallery Pro which is basically the original android gallery which is extra features but it is not free.

Gallery3D by Rayman50 ... both are based upon the original stock gallery and this one is free :)

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When you go in the gallery at the top click on my library and select albums. You can create albums by long pressing on a picture and click add to albums, then you can create a new album or select to put it in an existing album. You can mass select pictures and move them all at once into an album. So this works pretty well for now, I may try a third party at some point just to compare ease of use. Hope this helps.

Finally, someone sheds some light on the MotononBlur Gallery's albums. I tried syncing with iPhoto, folders, etc. and nothing would show up as an album. One thing this doesn't help with is choosing a photo from another app. It just dumps you into the full picture list rather than letting you select albums to enter.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Gallery3D by Rayman50 ... both are based upon the original stock gallery and this one is free :)

I did see that but I didn't suggest it because of some reviews I read. It takes over and most people can't uninstall it. Of course with root uninstall would be no problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe how lousy the stock gallery is. I just opened it because I saw this thread. What on earth were they thinking. I already have images in different folders - some camera pictures, some wallpaper, some images I use for icons, etc. - what is the purpose behind lumping them together? So I can create groups. I don't understand why companies wreck a good thing that works- it seems like they are trying to get all Apple-ee and get away from a file structure except they never do it effectively. I love folders and files, they exist for a reason and they work exceptionally well. OK, sorry, rant over....

I am going to download and try out some of the apps mentioned above - thanks!

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the stock gallery app is horrible. Now if only there were a way to get it to default to a third party gallery app when clicking on a pic that was just taken in the camera app.

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks! I am happy. It is exactly like the stock gallery I had in Gingerbread.

I did see that but I didn't suggest it because of some reviews I read. It takes over and most people can't uninstall it. Of course with root uninstall would be no problem.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I tried it anyway. It looks and feels just like the stock android gallery.

Because of your concerns, I played with it for a bit and it seems to work great. I also uninstalled it to make sure there weren't any problems before I recommended it. It uninstalled exactly like it is supposed to.(I am not rooted ... yet) I then reinstalled it because it is cool.:cool:

saltysteve

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I can't believe how lousy the stock gallery is. I just opened it because I saw this thread. What on earth were they thinking. I already have images in different folders - some camera pictures, some wallpaper, some images I use for icons, etc. - what is the purpose behind lumping them together? So I can create groups. I don't understand why companies wreck a good thing that works- it seems like they are trying to get all Apple-ee and get away from a file structure except they never do it effectively. I love folders and files, they exist for a reason and they work exceptionally well. OK, sorry, rant over....

I am going to download and try out some of the apps mentioned above - thanks!

Better than of Droid where you don't have any personal folder groups.

At least they should give us password protection!!!!!
Why hasn't thus been added yet??
So simple!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where the Bionic is storing "Album" info? You can't lump pics in a folder to be treated like albums, but you can create albums in the gallery and assign pics to them. I'm wondering if there's a simple way to alter that album reference to add and delete pics other than the gallery app? I'm not worried about hiding pics, but I want them organized to so I can easily choose one to send in email or txt. Choosing from a giant splatter of all the pics on the phone is just stupid.
Coming from a Sense 3.0 gallery, this one is an absolute embarrassment to Android.

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if it's possible to have the camera app default to QuickPic when looking at the pic you just took? It always defaults to the horrible stock gallery.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely agree with everyone who said QuickPic is better. Much smoother gallery and it easily sorts into folders unlike the stock one, plus it doesn't load up all that facebook crap like the stock one which probably is one thing slowing the stock one down so much. However...

Anyone know if it's possible to have the camera app default to QuickPic when looking at the pic you just took? It always defaults to the horrible stock gallery.

I just noticed that as well... and I froze the stock gallery with titanium backup so now it won't let me quickly view last photo unless I unfreeze it. Dang. Def need to know if someone can solve this!!

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely agree with everyone who said QuickPic is better. Much smoother gallery and it easily sorts into folders unlike the stock one, plus it doesn't load up all that facebook crap like the stock one which probably is one thing slowing the stock one down so much. However...

I just noticed that as well... and I froze the stock gallery with titanium backup so now it won't let me quickly view last photo unless I unfreeze it. Dang. Def need to know if someone can solve this!!

I took a picture and selected the little thumbnail after you take the picture. Once I did that it gave me option to view in gallery or quickpic. Check the box to set as default and then select quickpic. I tried this on a non bionic phone so Idk if its different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2