Can't See the Files i transferred to Bionic

BringItSon

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So i plugged in my bionic and "removable Disc" shows up with "dcim" and "LOST.DIR" directories. so i copied couple documents, musics and etc files.

Thing is I CANT find them in my android. i go to Astro file manager and go to /mnt/sdcard directory which has "dcim", "LOST.DIR" and many other directories.

however, i cannont find any files i copied to my android...

can anyone help?

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Are you in Windows 7? Shouldn't matter but go to Computer/tools/folder options/ view/

In the list make sure "Show Hidden files and folders is selected.

There is another further down that you can experiment with to see if it makes a difference "Hids protected operating system files.

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The file system in the Bionic is a little funny.

The sdcard folder is actually the internal memory folder (the 8gbs)

The Removable disc (16gb SD card) that you put your files in is located in the root directory (hit up a few times so it's just "/") and is called "sdcard-ext"

Your files should be in there.

Reactions: BringItSon

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The file system in the Bionic is a little funny.

The sdcard folder is actually the internal memory folder (the 8gbs)

The Removable disc (16gb SD card) that you put your files in is located in the root directory (hit up a few times so it's just "/") and is called "sdcard-ext"

Your files should be in there.

This is a MAJOR problem. In the event u ever need to hard reset the phone all you backups and anything in this new internal sd card are gone.. what's the sense of a real sd card now?? I just don't get it.. is this is gingerbread thing or a Motorola thing?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a MAJOR problem. In the event u ever need to hard reset the phone all you backups and anything in this new internal sd card are gone.. what's the sense of a real sd card now?? I just don't get it.. is this is gingerbread thing or a Motorola thing?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how this is a MAJOR problem. The "internal SD card" is not really an internal card. It's just the internal memory of the phone in a folder called "sdcard". You can still back stuff up to the external sd card like on all other phones.

You still have two areas to keep your files. Internal memory and external memory. Only the folder names are different.