Problem with Alarm

Dean-Ohhh

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android
I set the alarm for this morning and it didnt wake me up! I should have tested it yesterday when I got the phone
I played with it some more just now. I put the alarm volume all the way up. Chose the rooster tone and it sounds fine when I select it. However when I set a test alarm, you can barely hear the alarm with the phone up to your ear.

I showed my coworker who has been on android for a while and he could not figure it out either.

anyone else have this problem? any suggestions?

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I love the new ui when the alarm clock turn on. The red screen is pretty cool and the slider at the bottom to turn off. It is very easy to snooze by touching the screen. Much better than the alarm clock on the D1.

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Way to bright for me when in the dock, even with the settings all the way down. Downloaded an app that I hope will help when I go to bed tonight, or will have to resort to covering the stupid thing.

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
This may sound dumb....but how do you get to the alarm when NOT in the dock?

Also...whats up with only 20 or 40 minute snooze options.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

The alarm and timer is the first app (unless you have installed something that is alphabetized before it) on the all apps page. My snooze options are in 5 minute increments from 5 to 35.

Reactions: ChevyNovaLN

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
The alarm and timer is the first app (unless you have installed something that is alphabetized before it) on the all apps page. My snooze options are in 5 minute increments from 5 to 35.

OMG. DUHHHHHH. I honestly didn't see it due to it being green instead of white lol. Was not first app which didn't help

When docked i only saw 20 and 40 for snooze but now i can see like you said. Odd they changed that depending on being docked or not

EDIT: ok..wtf. i put it back in the dock and NOW i see all snooze options

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought gentle alarm for my OG Droid, hands down the best few bucks spent on an app.

goodgye

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Way to bright for me when in the dock, even with the settings all the way down. Downloaded an app that I hope will help when I go to bed tonight, or will have to resort to covering the stupid thing.

Did you have any luck with an app to make the clock less bright? I am having that same issue with my Bionic.

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you have any luck with an app to make the clock less bright? I am having that same issue with my Bionic.

Not yet, I've gone through a few. Will post if I find one and am hoping someone finds a solution. I liked the last stock alarm with my OG Droid, might see how/if I can find it and bring it in.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
When you put it in the Dock, hit the Menu Key, (to the left of the home key). There are options and you can turn the brightness way down.

It still stays lit like the sun for a minute though before it goes into that mode.

Reactions: Lisa W

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
When you put it in the Dock, hit the Menu Key, (to the left of the home key). There are options and you can turn the brightness way down.

It still stays lit like the sun for a minute though before it goes into that mode.

I did that the first night. I have the brightness turned all the way down, and it stays "lit like the sun" even when it dims. I need something way more dim than this option.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the OG Droid had the best alarm - totally dark except for the time.

I did that the first night. I have the brightness turned all the way down, and it stays "lit like the sun" even when it dims. I need something way more dim than this option.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Something must not be working on your guy's phone like it is on mine.
The phone should dim TWICE when you put it in the dock.

The first time it dims it will still show (assuming you have these selected to show) the music icon along the bottom, the weather and the little alarm clock on the right-hand side. It will also still have the status bar on the top.

Then, about 60 seconds later, it should do the final dimming. Everything goes away except for the time and the alarm time. The music, weather, alarm clock icon and the status bar should all disappear.

On the lowest dimming setting I can just barely read the digits if my bedroom light is on. It is actually much dimmer than the OG Droid got (which was pretty dim).

Also, even if this does not work for you, no need to cover up the phone. Just push the power button while it is in the dock and the screen will shut off. Don't worry, the alarm will still work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lisa W

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Been out of the net, but did want to give my final solution:
I cover the stupid thing with a handkerchief. I know, I know it sounds weird but after trying to many of the market alarms to remember and finding the clock still to bright this was my only solution. I do like to see the clock when I wake in the middle of the night, so I just remove the handkerchief then put it back on.
Other than this I love my Bionic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1