Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Way to toggle ALL data off. (4g AND 3g)

On my old droid device i would always turn 3g off when im not using it. On the bionic i see that i can turn off 4g and go CDMA only but this just kicks in 3g. How can i also turn this off?

Default Re: Way to toggle ALL data off. (4g AND 3g)

Put it in airplane mode. There's a widget you can put on the homescreen to toggle that, or you can long press the power button
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I want to be able to text and make calls...while having 4g and 3g off. Airplane mode doesn't work like this.

Only the samsung droid charge is able to do that

CHARGED LTE UP

here is what I did to turn of 3G:
    select settings -> Battery & data manager -> data delivery -> and disable background data and data enabled

here is what I did to turn off 4g:
    settings -> wireless &network settings -> mobile network settings -> network mode -> select CDMA only

Now I can use just wifi without connecting to any 3g or 4g

Hope this helps.

Nope, the incredible can turn off 3g with a widget while still doing voice and text.

I use Juice Defender. It automatically turns off the mobile data (all of it) when connected to a wifi point. Then when I leave the house it turns off wifi and turns on mobile data until I get to work where it automagically turns wifi back on and turns of mobile data.

Doesn't the app DataSwitch do this? That's what i've been using to shut off mobile data when im in wifi
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Then u need wifi. Turn on airplane mode then click on wifi. But with out vzw servise you will not b able to use stock message
    Quote Originally Posted by kylec123 View Post
    I want to be able to text and make calls...while having 4g and 3g off. Airplane mode doesn't work like this.