4G vs 3G Power Consumption Question?

Bad_Robot

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Long time listener first time caller...

Got the Bionic yesterday and I am mostly love it aside from the common complaints of the crummy camera, sub-par display, and of course the battery life. With regard to battery life, does having 4G turned on all the time use significantly more battery power than 3G? Keep in mind I live in NYC and have not seen my phone not get 4G service once since I got it yesterday morning. What say you AC? Should I be toggling 4G on and off???

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Long time listener first time caller...

Got the Bionic yesterday and I am mostly love it aside from the common complaints of the crummy camera, sub-par display, and of course the battery life. With regard to battery life, does having 4G turned on all the time use significantly more battery power than 3G? Keep in mind I live in NYC and have not seen my phone not get 4G service once since I got it yesterday morning. What say you AC? Should I be toggling 4G on and off???

Yes, it uses more power to have 4G on... I'd say if you don't need it switch it to 3G... do some testing on your own to see what you get both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol