Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't get music redirected to BT

I don't have a BT earphone, but I've got a laptop that I just got working with BT and my Blackberry. I can play music on my BB, from Pandora or the Music application, through my computer. (there is a caution symbol next to the Bionic and BB, on my computer, in the BT devices screen, but that doesn't stop the BB from working with it)

Using the same steps, i can't get the Bionic to direct music through BT. sigh.
    Last edited by dave1812dave; 09-09-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Default Re: Can't get music redirected to BT

Is your bionic "paired" with your laptop? or just connected? If it is paired I would say try a driver uninstall/reinstall.

I haven't tried it with any of my computers yet, but I did get the BT music redirection to work with my car, so it is most likely a driver issue with the computer, as mentioned above.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

yes it is paired, but the music won't redirect. Earlier today I got two error messages in the system tray when trying to pair either phone, that the drivers failed to installed. However, I tried again later to play music from the BB and it works just fine, even with a caution symbol on it's icon in the BT app on Windows. So I guess the driver might be different for the two phones??
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Pur3vil View Post
    I haven't tried it with any of my computers yet, but I did get the BT music redirection to work with my car, so it is most likely a driver issue with the computer, as mentioned above.
    thx. How do you redirect the Music app to go to BT? It's obvious to me in pandora, as it's a setting in the options screen, but I don't see anything for Music App.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

aha!!!! GOT IT TO WORK! Jeez, it shouldn't be this hard!! I went back to the Settings>Wireless..>BT>BT devices and clicked it yet again, with Music playing. sigh. I had earlier tried that option numerous times...

(and I hear no whine)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

arrgh! Now pandora refuses to run. it's stuck on the "Pandora" opening screen. I bet it's got something to do with BT. I have forced closed Music and Pandora, to no avail.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

By turning BT OFF, I got pandora to open. Once pandora opened, I enabled BT. Now pandora even plays through BT. Crazy stuff!