Glad I got the Bionic because...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
from what I understand, Samsung phones don't have LED notifications. If that's incorrect, please correct me. Now that I've resolved the snafu with the whine in the headphone output, I'm really liking this phone, coming from a Storm 2. I didn't want to give up LED notifications and really appreciate seeing that little light blinking at me. I've no issue with noticing it, unlike some who have complained, but perhaps when I'm spending more time outdoors (like my week in Vegas, starting tomorrow) I might need to revisit my comments about the visibility of the LED. :)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
from what I understand, Samsung phones don't have LED notifications. If that's incorrect, please correct me. Now that I've resolved the snafu with the whine in the headphone output, I'm really liking this phone, coming from a Storm 2. I didn't want to give up LED notifications and really appreciate seeing that little light blinking at me. I've no issue with noticing it, unlike some who have complained, but perhaps when I'm spending more time outdoors (like my week in Vegas, starting tomorrow) I might need to revisit my comments about the visibility of the LED. :)

So you're not complaining about the screen? I haven't seen a problem myself. But I think some Samsung phones DO have it, but I don't remember MANY of them having it. But I do think that they did have a few that did have it. I know HTC does on some models, I think the Incredible did.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So you're not complaining about the screen? I haven't seen a problem myself. But I think some Samsung phones DO have it, but I don't remember MANY of them having it. But I do think that they did have a few that did have it. I know HTC does on some models, I think the Incredible did.
Nope. I was apprehensive about the screen, from reading the complaints about pentile, but I don't find it objectionable to the point of not liking the phone. Call and sound quality is so good, I think I'd be nuts to return this phone, as those two aspects are very important to me, along with screen brightness, which this has. I promised myself a few years ago I'd never buy another phone that was impossible to see in bright sun. I saw the Charge on release day and stayed away from it partly due to no liking the screen. Whites are dingy and it isn't very bright. I've seen a couple of samples of that phone and both looked identical.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Now that I've resolved the snafu with the whine in the headphone output, I'm really liking this phone

Not to go off topic, but i saw earlier some folks were complaining about this also. I haven't honestly tried as I have BT Headphones, but what WAS the issue and how did you resolve it? I'll try my wired headphones tomorrow when I find them but if its doing it, I wanna know how to fix it :)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I promised myself a few years ago I'd never buy another phone that was impossible to see in bright sun. .

This is one of the main reasons of why I'm looking to upgrade my device.
I can't see it at all if I'm outside and the sun is shining.
Hard to make phone calls, text, take pictures, etc.

Most people are saying that it does great outside, and it consumes little to moderate battery power.
I've seen one post where someone said the screen is overrated as far as outside visibility, and that it can't be seen all that well in sunlight. What's your take on that?

jefmoody

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This is one of the main reasons of why I'm looking to upgrade my device.
I can't see it at all if I'm outside and the sun is shining.
Hard to make phone calls, text, take pictures, etc.

Most people are saying that it does great outside, and it consumes little to moderate battery power.
I've seen one post where someone said the screen is overrated as far as outside visibility, and that it can't be seen all that well in sunlight. What's your take on that?

In Orlando you can see it very well in the sunlight - compared to other smart phones.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
In Orlando you can see it very well in the sunlight - compared to other smart phones.

Does it do better than the Super Amoled screens by Samsung outdoors?
I wonder if the Prime and Vigor will have screens that can be seen in sunlight.
If not, I may go ahead and get the Bionic.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Does it do better than the Super Amoled screens by Samsung outdoors?
I wonder if the Prime and Vigor will have screens that can be seen in sunlight.
If not, I may go ahead and get the Bionic.

I have been able to see my Bionics screen a lot better in bright sunlight. I also have a Charge. Now that thing at certain times during the day can be almost impossible to see.

The battery life so far has been better on my Bionic than on my Charge.

I'm in Southern California.