My Data Usage App

mattg56

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I received my Bionic this afternoon, and I noticed the "My Data Usage" app on the phone. Am I right to assume that this app only calculates 3G/4G data and not Wifi?

I am a bit concerned because even though I have been using wifi most of the day, the total on mine has been jumping up. The app says 190MB on the icon part, but when I launch it and go into My Verizon, it lists 64MB leading me to wonder if my assumption above is wrong.

I have unlimited data on mine, however my wife bought the Droid X2 today and she upgraded from a feature phone so she is on the 2GB plan. I saw the same app on her phone.

Thanks

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about your situation, but I'm being prorated for a the next 4 days and the customer service system is showing different info than MyVerizon and the data widget. I was switching plans from a Xoom to the Bionic, so it was a bit goofy. I would just keep track of it and wait until the next full billing cycle to get worried.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I know I was kind of keeping an eye on mine and when I got home and started using WiFi, it hasn't moved and I've downloaded a BUNCH of larger game apps since I've been home. Not sure if there's a slight issue w/ 4G data (maybe?!?) because I only have mine set to CDMA mode only since we don't have 4G in my area just yet.....fingers crossed that we will have by the end of the year like the guys in the store have told me, even though the VZW map doesn't show it scheduled for this year at all......