Downloading over 3g/4g

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I understand that some apps are too big to download over 3g/4g and the phone warns you that you need to download on WiFi but how can a voice mail be to big to download and listen to through Google Voice. My son left me a 15 second voice mail and when I opened it up and pressed play message it started to download then I got a triangle in the notification bar saying the file is to big and needs to be downloaded over WiFi. Is there a setting to increase the size of the file allotment to download using 3g/4g. I remember something like that on my DINC but I don't remember where it is plus it was rooted so I don't know f that allowed me to increase the size or not. Either way it seems strange that it wouldn't allow me to download this voice mail to listen to it.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I understand that some apps are too big to download over 3g/4g and the phone warns you that you need to download on WiFi but how can a voice mail be to big to download and listen to through Google Voice. My son left me a 15 second voice mail and when I opened it up and pressed play message it started to download then I got a triangle in the notification bar saying the file is to big and needs to be downloaded over WiFi. Is there a setting to increase the size of the file allotment to download using 3g/4g. I remember something like that on my DINC but I don't remember where it is plus it was rooted so I don't know f that allowed me to increase the size or not. Either way it seems strange that it wouldn't allow me to download this voice mail to listen to it.

I've actually never run into this before with anything but app installs and upgrades and I had assumed it was the new market. hmm...

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I could understand WHY they would do that, a 15 minute voicemail is quite large...for a voicemail. Still not that big for a file in general. But there should be a way to do it, check through all the data settings in the phone.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I could understand WHY they would do that, a 15 minute voicemail is quite large...for a voicemail. Still not that big for a file in general. But there should be a way to do it, check through all the data settings in the phone.

I havent run across anything myself. It's possible it is a network restriction from the carrier *shrug*

Mr Bigs

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
15 seconds not minutes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci