Social Location App - Murdering Battery

choop

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What is up with stupid Social Location app? It's using 95% in my battery manager!!

I hit quick within the app and don't run it but it still shows up in the battery manager. Also it's one of those ****ty apps that you can't delete.

cheifkeiff#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it ate through my battery last night in like 3 hours so I rooted thief morning and froze it. I heard someone set their task killer to auto kill it if you don't want to root but I think that would might be a bad idea too. Did you have you're wifi on I noticed it turning on when I had out on. Its funny cause I have no social networks signed in at all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

choop

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it ate through my battery last night in like 3 hours so I rooted thief morning and froze it. I heard someone set their task killer to auto kill it if you don't want to root but I think that would might be a bad idea too. Did you have you're wifi on I noticed it turning on when I had out on. Its funny cause I have no social networks signed in at all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Yeah I did have WiFi on. It's a POS app anyway, crashes all the time.

johncsuh

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Go to your battery menu, data delivery, social applications, and uncheck Sync over WI-FI only. That should stop it from turning on simultaneously with WIFI

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/dr...move-social-location-app-without-rooting.html
We have another thread for this same subject. Rooting and removing or freezing it seems to work the best, I guess a task killer would work, but it's not particularly good for the phone to do that. And the unchecking of sync over wifi sounds like it'll work, try out everything. Motorola needs to fix their UI apps, or let us remove them, that's kind of annoying.