4G Data and Caps..I don't know how anybody could do it.

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
This is my first 4G phone, and I am shocked how fast the data meter is going up. Thankfully I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan. If I had a capped plan, I would feel like I could not use this phone the way it is supposed to be used. I think as more people move to 4G, there is going to be problems as 2G just does not seem like enough and a lot of people are also not going to pay more than $30 a month for data unless we can start getting data only plans on these phones.

slvrdrgn123

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Same here. When I first set up my phone, My Data Usage was showing around 400MB. Today, I'm already at 1.7GB and it's only been 2 days. How can anyone go a month with only 2GB to use on a phone like this.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here. When I first set up my phone, My Data Usage was showing around 400MB. Today, I'm already at 1.7GB and it's only been 2 days. How can anyone go a month with only 2GB to use on a phone like this.

Most people use wifi while at home or work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Holy crap, I don't know how you use that much. Now granted I only have a DX on 3g, but I almost don't even use 1.5 gig in a month. And I stream Pandora and other YouTube videos here and there.

I also should be grandfathered into the unlimited plans if I end up getting a 4g phone, and with your data usage it would be crazy expensive not to have unlimited.

andrewh

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I've only streamed ~10-15 minutes of Netflix (for testing) and I'm already at 1.4GB. I was 53mb Thursday morning. Any why would I use wifi when 4g is WAY faster than my internet service?!

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely agree. To be honest, my phone data is usually around 200mb. That is just mostly email and some browsing. But the problem has always been that 3g was too slow and massive downloads and streaming would always kill the battery so I didn't do a lot of that unless I was near power (and usually Wifi). I know my data use will quadruple at least now - even though LTE is a battery drain a huge amount of data can still be used in a short amount of time,

I can't wait for all the posts titled "I just got a $500.00 bill from VZW for going over 2Gb of data, what do I do?" LOL :p

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I've only streamed ~10-15 minutes of Netflix (for testing) and I'm already at 1.4GB. I was 53mb Thursday morning. Any why would I use wifi when 4g is WAY faster than my internet service?!

Well if you didn't have an unlimited plan you would have no choice. THAT'S why. I'm going to be stuck with a limited plan, and I have a bad feeling I'm going to hate it. And another reason is that if you turn off the 4G and use wifi, you use less battery. But I don't plan on watching tons of Netflix on it (since I don't HAVE Netflix) and I would rather keep my music on the phone than streaming it anyways. And my wifi at home is plenty fast enough for more advanced stuff like downloading large files, I will just enjoy the benefit of 4G while not at home.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The data plan doesn't seem worth it when you're constantly shaking in your boots and worrying that you might go over the cap. What's the sense of paying for it if you're going to be using wifi the majority of the time. I still manage to go over 2 gb without much video/music streaming.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2