Easy Tether

bigjotto316

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have experience using this app on their bionic? It's on sale for $4. 99 on the amazon app store and I will not have my Bionic until Monday to try it out. Is it compatible? How does it work if it is? I want to buy it but if it isn't bionic compatible it'll be useless in a day

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
i cant speak for the bionic, but i know that verizon now blocks most tethering apps from working on their devices, being as they would prefer you use their tethering service.

there are a few tethering apps out there that still work, but you have to be rooted to use them

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Isn't PDANet the only one that works currently? At least that I know of. But it's only bluetooth or USB tethering, not quite as nice or fast as wifi tethering.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have easy tether, have not used it on my bionic yet, but recently used it on my X, I will try it out in a little bit tho

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Definitely depends on the device and ROM. I am sure time will provide options for the Bionic. Lots of love out there for that phone.

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
yp, easy tether pro is working on the Bionic. I am typing this now via easy tether on my desktop.

one thing I ran into was it took a couple of minutes for my phone to get established on the 3g network (no 4g in my house), I had the 3g icon on my phone but phone was not able to get out on the web (wifi was turned off), but it does work fine

hjrw

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
yp, easy tether pro is working on the Bionic. I am typing this now via easy tether on my desktop.

one thing I ran into was it took a couple of minutes for my phone to get established on the 3g network (no 4g in my house), I had the 3g icon on my phone but phone was not able to get out on the web (wifi was turned off), but it does work fine
@xoomer1. When I tried EasyTether on my laptop from my Bionic (the free version, since I need to hear back from the devs to get my activation to transfer the version on my original Droid), the laptop did not recognize it. When I connected the original Droid (with WiFi turned on - it still works!) it connected immediately and I was able to use the laptop using the EasyTether connection using the phone's WiFi.

But can't seem to get it to be recognized from the Bionic. Anything special that you did with the Bionic to get it recognized on the computer?

-hjrw

xoomer1

May 6, 2011
Visit site
make sure usb is set to mass storage, not pc mode...you know how to do it right? the pull down after you connect it, click on the usb connected then make sure its set to mass storage

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae