I am loving my Bionic but I am having difficulty getting Skype to work. I am able to receive video both from my son on his Incredible 2 and from my PC where I have a separate Skype account. The problem is my Front Facing Camera (FFC) doesn't send video. I have confirmed my FFC works. In Skype, I made sure the front camera was clicked and toggled back and forth just to prove it.
    Then I noticed Skype Mobile for Verizon on the Market. I loaded that but get the following message when it starts: "This version of Skype won't run on your device. Skype mobile with video is coming soon - you will receive an automatic update when it is available."
    Has anyone been able to get Skype Video-Video to work? If so, how?

Thanks!
    09-11-2011 08:33 AM
    Have not had a chance to try this yet, but I do see that at least on the non-Verizon version you still have to turn off Wi-Fi to login.
    09-11-2011 10:05 AM
    Have not had a chance to try this yet, but I do see that at least on the non-Verizon version you still have to turn off Wi-Fi to login.
    No difference with Wifi on or off. Thanks though.
    09-11-2011 10:15 AM
    same issue with me, i couldnt make any video calls...and it barely connected
    09-11-2011 02:15 PM
    Skype hasn't updated for the bionic yet, be patient.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-11-2011 02:27 PM
    Skype is only supported on certain devices, it takes a few days for them to update it for a new device
    09-11-2011 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD