Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Default Skype vs Skype Mobile: Neither one works

I am loving my Bionic but I am having difficulty getting Skype to work. I am able to receive video both from my son on his Incredible 2 and from my PC where I have a separate Skype account. The problem is my Front Facing Camera (FFC) doesn't send video. I have confirmed my FFC works. In Skype, I made sure the front camera was clicked and toggled back and forth just to prove it.
    Then I noticed Skype Mobile for Verizon on the Market. I loaded that but get the following message when it starts: "This version of Skype won't run on your device. Skype mobile with video is coming soon - you will receive an automatic update when it is available."
    Has anyone been able to get Skype Video-Video to work? If so, how?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Default Re: Skype vs Skype Mobile: Neither one works

Have not had a chance to try this yet, but I do see that at least on the non-Verizon version you still have to turn off Wi-Fi to login.
    --------------------------
    Samsung Galaxy S4 32GB Black on Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition 4G/LTE on Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Gear - Jet Black
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pwscott View Post
    Have not had a chance to try this yet, but I do see that at least on the non-Verizon version you still have to turn off Wi-Fi to login.
    No difference with Wifi on or off. Thanks though.

same issue with me, i couldnt make any video calls...and it barely connected

Skype hasn't updated for the bionic yet, be patient.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ROM
    AOKP JB

Skype is only supported on certain devices, it takes a few days for them to update it for a new device
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.