Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bionic Unlock/Reboot problem?

I got the Bionic on release day (finally!) and so far I've loved it. A handful of times, however, I've had issues where the phone will be on, sitting around, with the screen off.

I'll go to check it and the unlock button won't do anything. The screen will just stay black. I have to pull the battery and reboot.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas of the reason this is happening? If you need more information, please let me know.

ROM
    AOKP JB

Default Re: Bionic Unlock/Reboot problem?

Wow that sounds like a very interesting problem...something I have yet to see someone have. Make sure to check all your display settings and such, maybe there's something that's doing that on accident. You can try a factory reset if it becomes too bothersome.
    There's a new phone that will run Crysis on Ultra at 120 fps on a 2160p display that's coming out 3 months after you buy your next phone.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts

Nope, not yet. *crosses fingers*

I am getting ready to pull my battery again as well. I had posted this in a different thread too. So far it makes 3 times...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've had it happen 4 times. I'm terrified it'll happen overnight and my alarm won't wake me up...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

and it just happened again...

Got mine on launch day. Just happened to me for the first time.

sounds like an app misbehaving. you should list all the apps that you've downloaded so far and try uninstalling each one one by one to see if it solves the problem
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

The trouble with that solution is, if it's happening maybe once per day, you'll never be sure...

Happened to me last night just before I was about to take photos/vids at a concert. I have uninstalled JuiceDefender (had installed about an hour before). Not happened since.

This same thing happened to me today. I got mine on launch day and today was the first and only time it has happened to me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,262 Global Posts

this happened to me at work today

Quote Originally Posted by justin.petrie View Post
    I got the Bionic on release day (finally!) and so far I've loved it. A handful of times, however, I've had issues where the phone will be on, sitting around, with the screen off.

I'll go to check it and the unlock button won't do anything. The screen will just stay black. I have to pull the battery and reboot.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas of the reason this is happening? If you need more information, please let me know.
    I had that happen to me while I was at the bar today. Definitely unexpected, I did not even have anything running

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Judgement Day is upon us!!!!.. Bionic has gone online and became self-aware.. awaiting destruction in 3..2..

me too, 2 times so far, really annoying, i have found a few posts on this issue in every forum i frequent, including Motorola's Bionic support forums...
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

****UPDATE*****

Last night my phone wouldn't turn on again. I did a battery pull and when the phone restarted, all phone numbers for all contacts were no longer saved. After trying unsuccessfully to restore my contacts I wrote down on paper the ones I could figure out from my text messages.

I started a list of contacts on my gmail so this wouldn't happen ever again, although I've managed to lose some pretty important numbers.

I did a factory reset...

Now, I've had my Bionic at complete factory settings overnight. I've had this issue happen twice this morning requiring a battery pull to get it to turn on. No apps at all are installed except what comes preinstalled.

Ideas? Suggestions? Solutions?

Anyone know how I can recover my contacts? Originally, the verizon store transferred my numbers from my old blackberry through gmail.

****UPDATE*****

Last night my phone wouldn't turn on again. I did a battery pull and when the phone restarted, all phone numbers for all contacts were no longer saved. After trying unsuccessfully to restore my contacts I wrote down on paper the ones I could figure out from my text messages.

I started a list of contacts on my gmail so this wouldn't happen ever again, although I've managed to lose some pretty important numbers.

I did a factory reset...

Now, I've had my Bionic at complete factory settings overnight. I've had this issue happen twice this morning requiring a battery pull to get it to turn on. No apps at all are installed except what comes preinstalled.

Ideas? Suggestions? Solutions?

Anyone know how I can recover my contacts? Originally, the verizon store transferred my numbers from my old blackberry through gmail.

You're allowed an exchange within the first 14 days. I have not had that issue.. *knocks on wood*. Maybe your phone is DOA.
    Droid Bionic User. I'm ready to take over all machines now....

Once so far for me.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

DOA, maybe, but it seems to be a growing problem with others as well.

I've had this happen twice too. Once while it was in my pocket and brought it out to check it and it happened. The other time it was sitting overnight and when I woke up it happened with the LED still blinking for a notification.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

***UPDATE***

Spoke to Verizon Tech Support this afternoon. They said they hadn't heard of my problem, but advised since the phone was new, there can't be much done. They called the store I bought it from and said I was authorized to go in and swap the device out.

Despite this, I brought the phone in to the store, and the guy at the store, who is apparently a corporate or regional rep, or something like this, said that a handful of people have come in with this problem and it is certainly a battery issue.

They swapped my battery for a new one and said they were pretty sure it would work (although I just got the battery dock with extra battery, which remains to be seen since I just got it and haven't used it yet).

___________________________________________________________________________________

So, after this battery swap, which they felt would fix the problem..... I got home and my device would not unlock, YET AGAIN....

Exact same thing here...worked for 1-1/2 days and then it started doing that "black screen" thing (about 3-4 times) and random reboots, more often. Someone posted it was a LTE Sim card issue; I went into the store and they replaced it. Driving out of the parking lot I lost total Verizon service and then I had a random reboot. I went back in the store and they gave me a new phone, so far in 10 hours it has worked fine. I hope it was just a lemon...my problems started after I download several apps...I have slowly been adding them back to the new phone.
    Cory

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Got my Bionic on launch day too. Screen went black for me today, no Combination of buttons worked so I rebooted. Only issue I have had.

happened to me today as well.

I got my Bionic on launch day aswell. I have not had this happen to me... knock on wood. I do reboot my phone every day or every other day. I read in another forum somewhere about a year and a half ago that all smartphones shoud be rebooted daily so I started doing it. It does keep things running snappy, especially when I still had my OG Droid. I swear that was the only thing that kept that phone usable.

I've had my phone for four days and it only did it once. Removed a few apps and un rooted my phone. So far so good.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast