Another pentile question

cubus

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I went to see the Bionic to convince myself the screen is crap and I need to wait for Vigor or whatever comes next.
But... The Bionic I've seen wasn't bad at all. I mean once up against my nose I'd see the pixelation an I'd notice that large uniformly colored shapes had a "fence texture" to them that probably wasn't supposed to be there. it didn't bother it too much though.
The unit I played with was out of the box and not activated, so I couldn't browse online or see any flash animations.
So the question is. Is there anything web browsing/movie watching/application animations related that would in particular reveal the screen weakness that I didn't notice while staring at wallpapers and little text that was available on non-activated unit?
Btw, I'm coming from iPhone 3GS and would love to finally ditch it for some android goodness.
Thanks all.

fogflyer

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Many threads addressing this, but in a nutshell, some are bothered, others are not. I also went to the store and saw nothing wrong with the screen. Now that I have owned it for 4 days I can see what people are talking about. I occasionally notice the "chain link fence" effect when using the phone. Usually it is when scrolling or often it is out of the corner of my eye. You see it peripherally, but then when you focus on it it disappears. To me, it is very minor. Sure, I see it, but it is not bothersome to me at all. My 1900x1280 monitor is more pixelated than the phone is. Like me, you will probably notice it every now and then, but the screen's low battery draw and ability to be viewed in sunlight outweigh the pixelation issue for me.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
It didn't bother me at first but it s now starting to be more noticeable and bother me a little more. I was spoiled from the Droid charge screen

DroidnewVZ

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I do see the pixilation from time to time, but haters are making a mountain out od a mole hill. The screen is fast smooth and bright. If pentile saves battery over Super AMOLED +, i'll make it work.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with all the responders here. I notice it as wall, but the whole subject is over-hyped. If you hold the phone at a reasonable distance from your face then it really is a non-issue (in my opinion). It draws much less battery power and is very viewable in bright sunlight. I can have the brightness way down and still see everything perfectly. I'll take that trade-off any day.

Watching movies on Netflix and I don't notice the x-hatching at all. I really hope we can put this subject to bed.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Only gripe I have is something called simultaneous contrast error. Only drawback for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay