How to update Quick Contacts

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey gang,

A couple of the quick contacts come in with the wrong contact information, either phone number or other info belongs to someone else. I can't see how to update this. This is happening on 2 new Bionics. On the second Bionic, I reset it to factory and now it seems to be OK.

How can I update the quick contacts when/if this happens again down the road when I can't afford to reset it factory defaults?

Thanks in advance
Toy4Rick

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey again,

I may have just found one way to do it. When I add a contact via the + button on the quick contact bar, that is when it seems to act up. If I go into the contacts, find the contact, de-select it as a favorite by using the star in the upper right corner, exit contacts then go back into contacts and re-select it again, that seemed to add it correctly. Seems like a bug to me

Would be interested in hearing your thoughts
Toy4Rick

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Ditto here! I have a contact whose last name I changed last night on google desktop. Synched with my phone automatically but my quickcontacts won't take the change. I really, really don't want to hard=reset my phone over something this small but it's driving me crazy.

I tried unchecking the start button for faves and rechecking. No worko. ARGH.

dineronin

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The last thing I want to do is a hard reset to fix the quick contacts widget. At least, there should be a way of updating the Quick Contacts without the hard/factory reset. I'm joining this forum with the intent of hearing a solution that doesn't require a hard/factory reset.

:confused:

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have two problems.

One is there are double phone numbers in all of the contacts I added even though I only have one contacts source turned on. The easy solution is to tell it which to use from now on when you dial it.

The other was someone who when I chose them another persons information came up. The solution was to delete the other person and that fixed the problem.

Clearly the update needs to fix many bugs.